Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CUH management continues to withold payment from junior doctors for hours worked

• 09-12-2011 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Once again, CUH are targeting junior doctors and refusing to pay for overtime worked in an effort to care for patients in difficult circumstances. It's sad that junior doctors will have to resort to industrial action simply to have a basic part of their contract honoured. Tony McNamara, CUH CEO, should be absolutely and utterly ashamed at this behaviour; even the HSE HR department has admitted this is illegal. Does he have any idea how the hospital actually functions and how much patient treatment and throughput relies on NCHDs working long and unsociable hours? If junior doctors do not work overtime before 9am and after 5pm (4pm on a Friday!), patients are going to suffer even more this winter...

http://www.imt.ie/news/latest-news/2011/12/imo-ballots-nchds-in-cuh-on-payments.html
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭SleepDoc

Once again, CUH are targeting junior doctors and refusing to pay for overtime worked in an effort to care for patients in difficult circumstances. It's sad that junior doctors will have to resort to industrial action simply to have a basic part of their contract honoured. Tony McNamara, CUH CEO, should be absolutely and utterly ashamed at his behaviour. Does he have any idea how his own hospital actually functions and how patients are treated? If junior doctors do work overtime beofre 9am and after 5pm (4pm on a Friday!), patients are going to suffer even more this winter...

http://www.imt.ie/news/latest-news/2011/12/imo-ballots-nchds-in-cuh-on-payments.html

The IMO's policy of softly softly, engaging for change etc, clearly has hospital managament across the country quaking on the first tee of their Wednesday fourball.

Sometimes it's just quicker and cheaper to do things yourself.

http://www.lrc.ie/viewdoc.asp?m=&fn=/documents/work/NewForms/PaymentWages.pdf

Perhaps it's about time we saw some of this:

386619_10150444496274424_321264489423_8127655_165078446_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

hahhaah - that pic is too funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Estebano

They should take this - they knew what they were signing up for when they took up medicine. They won't be complaining when they're milking VHI et al. for €200k a year.

Estebano wrote: »
    they knew what they were signing up for when they took up medicine.

That's funny, because when they signed their contracts, it said they would be paid for the hours they worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Slovakian doctors take no crap

So I have a question:

Is CUH EWTD compliant ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 TC80

So I have a question:

Is CUH EWTD compliant ?

Like feck it is.

The CUH NCHDs should take this opportunity to remind Mr. McNamara, and all the other Mr. McNamara's around the country that their jobs are entirely dependent on the willingness of NCHDs to work long, illegal and brutal hours and as such he should treat them with respect.

TC80 wrote: »
    Like feck it is.

The CUH NCHDs should take this opportunity to remind Mr. McNamara, and all the other Mr. McNamara's around the country that their jobs are entirely dependent on the willingness of NCHDs to work long, illegal and brutal hours and as such he should treat them with respect.

Exactly. Were I am CUH NCHD I would hire the sharkiest employment lawyer I could find and tell them to sue the beejeesus out of them for every contract breach I could find and cancel my IMO membership whilst I'm at it.

But lucky for McNamara I'm not a CUH NCHD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

You wont find them not paying other grades, the reason they dont pay NCHDs is because they have the lowest absenteeism and will work despite all the abuse they get.

The Machivellian adage is that it is better to be feared than be loved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭resus

NCHDs don't need to strike, they just need to work-to-rule for a week or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

The results of the ballot were to be known on december 8th - anyone know the outcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 raver22

Advertisement