Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone programme my new custom built PC for me ?

Options
  • 09-12-2011 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

It's becoming more likely since I bought my custom built PC from hardwearversand that I will need a computer technician to help me get everything up and running as soon as I turn on the computer. It was my first time buying a PC for gaming but Hardwareversand did not install eveything to be all set up as soon as you turn on the Computer like when you buy a prebuilt PC.. I installed the O/S - Windows 7 then mindlessly installed a disc that I believe had something to do with the motherboard that would get it up and running this is the motherboard I bought http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=50894&agid=1232 which was physically installed like everything after I asked for the 20.00 build they offer, so then I turned to the DISC that is connected with this motherboard that has (User Manual,Drivers,Utilities) on it,I installed that by clicking install all giving it no tought to be honest thinking that it would be a quick process and would work in the end, then I moved on to the CD I got with my Graphics card that is physically installed, this is my graphics card http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=39504&agid=1004 I then proceeded to install that CD that came with this and when a menu came up with the options XP/XP64 and seperately Windows 7/Vista I clicked on the windows 7 option and after this it froze and I had to restart the PC to get rid of the frozen image from the screen, yet when I click the XP/XP64 option it seems to work and installs "something" when I say "something" it means I don't know what the hell I installed because I there is still no "new device for graphics card message" popping up.. the CD says "Sapphire driver installation CD", then I moved on to the Logilink Wireless PCI card I had asked for which is installed at the back of the PC near the bottom with two antennas sticking out- here is the PCI card http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=42568&agid=271 this device was not being picked up by windows so I went to install the CD I was given and this also gave a problem.. when I entered the installation stages, I keep being hit with a pop up message that the PCI Adapter is not where it should be even though it was installed by the PC builders at HVS, I noticed the little green LED was not lighting up and I messed around with the antennas, tried going to the internet connection options on the desktop and nothing was happening.. On my screen I am not getting Sound either- this is the screen http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=40566&agid=292 whether this has something to do with the mainboard not being installed correctly I do not know, I regret trying to set up the system because I worry that it will be difficult for anyone who attempts to set it up correctly for me because it seems like I have installed bits and pieces yet I don't know what they do or what's working or not, so it is very confusing and frustrating and I would definately need someone with experience in this sort of thing to help me out.. I'm just putting this out there if there's anyone in the Tallaght area of Dublin. I will be getting a few connections out to have a look but if they can't fix it, then I would appreciate anyone who has the time and patience to help me, I will discuss further details obviously at a later stage if all else fails. Thanks alot! I am a newbie to PC'S btw so I am finding this all very difficult to understand! :o

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

mk94 wrote: »
    It's becoming more likely since I bought my custom built PC from hardwearversand that I will need a computer technician to help me get everything up and running as soon as I turn on the computer.
    It was my first time buying a PC for gaming but Hardwareversand did not install eveything to be all set up as soon as you turn on the Computer like when you buy a prebuilt PC.. I installed the O/S - Windows 7 then mindlessly installed a disc that I believe had something to do with the motherboard that would get it up and running this is the motherboard I bought http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=50894&agid=1232 which was physically installed like everything after I asked for the 20.00 build they offer, so then I turned to the DISC that is connected with this motherboard that has (User Manual,Drivers,Utilities) on it,I installed that by clicking install all giving it no tought to be honest thinking that it would be a quick process and would work in the end.

From the sounds of it you installed your motherboards driver disc which should be the first thing you do after a new build, so nothing wrong here! ;)

Then I moved on to the CD I got with my Graphics card that is physically installed, this is my graphics card http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=39504&agid=1004 I then proceeded to install that CD that came with this and when a menu came up with the options XP/XP64 and seperately Windows 7/Vista I clicked on the windows 7 option and after this it froze and I had to restart the PC to get rid of the frozen image from the screen, yet when I click the XP/XP64 option it seems to work and installs "something" when I say "something" it means I don't know what the hell I installed because I there is still no "new device for graphics card message" popping up.. the CD says "Sapphire driver installation CD".

You should always download the latest video card drivers from the manufacturers website, in this case ATI. The onces you get with the card can be very old and maybe buggy releases.

Then I moved on to the Logilink Wireless PCI card I had asked for which is installed at the back of the PC near the bottom with two antennas sticking out- here is the PCI card http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=42568&agid=271 this device was not being picked up by windows so I went to install the CD I was given and this also gave a problem.. when I entered the installation stages, I keep being hit with a pop up message that the PCI Adapter is not where it should be even though it was installed by the PC builders at HVS, I noticed the little green LED was not lighting up and I messed around with the antennas, tried going to the internet connection options on the desktop and nothing was happening.

Try opening up the case, removing the Wifi PCI card and reseating it. Not a hard thing to do, just make sure to have all power going to the machine unplugged and ground yourself before touching the PCB (touch a non painted surface of the case).

On my screen I am not getting Sound either- this is the screen http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=40566&agid=292 whether this has something to do with the mainboard not being installed correctly I do not know, I regret trying to set up the system because I worry that it will be difficult for anyone who attempts to set it up correctly for me because it seems like I have installed bits and pieces yet I don't know what they do or what's working or not, so it is very confusing and frustrating and I would definately need someone with experience in this sort of thing to help me out.. I'm just putting this out there if there's anyone in the Tallaght area of Dublin.

Sounds like your driver disk didnt install your soundcard drivers. You will need to install these drivers to get sound from the PC. If the sound icon in the Windows system Tray has a red disabled sign and its not muted chances are the drivers arn't installed. Make sure the 3.5mm to 3.5mm aux cable your connecting from PC to screen is in the right port, on most sound cards you use the Green connector.

I will be getting a few connections out to have a look but if they can't fix it, then I would appreciate anyone who has the time and patience to help me, I will discuss further details obviously at a later stage if all else fails. Thanks alot! I am a newbie to PC'S btw so I am finding this all very difficult to understand! :o

I made paragraphs to make this thread easier to read. Its a good idea to do this as most people will ignore a wall of text ;) . My answers are in bold above. Write back if any more problems or questions!

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mk94

With my Screen I only got two leads that connect to the PC :L The power supply and VGA lead..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

With my Screen I only got two leads that connect to the PC :L The power supply and VGA lead..
    Does your monitor have speakers?

You would likely need to use a 3.5mm 2 3.5mm plug to get the speakers in the screen to work, like this:
    L121MM-2.jpg
    Does your monitor have speakers?

Looks like it does. I think its a bit unusual for a monitor with inbuilt speakers not to ship with this cable, the monitors I've got with integrated speakers have one. The integrated speakers are usually sh!te though so your probably better off buying a decent set of speakers. VGA/DVI won't transfer sound btw, HDMI will

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

You do know that VGA doesn't output Audio yes?

• Advertisement

Hi, I just go by what the manual says and fit what components I got into spaces where they can fit :) my screen does not have speakers, I did not get that lead shown above or a DVI cable. I installed windows, then attempted to install the motherboard (don't know if it installed properly that's why I am here) tried to install my wirless PCI card and it won't work and then I moved on to graphics card disc and nothing again! I removed the PCI card and replaced it and nothing happened, when I go by the disc installation it won't let me install because it says the PCI adapter is not connected.. TBH I got very few leads connecting to and from places, I have a power supply from rig to plug, the VGA lead from back of rig into Screen and a power supply for Screen plugged in, there is lots of holes and connection areas that came with the motherboard yet there is no leads or components for any! Double checked the boxes and no spare wires or anything:confused:

Hi, I just go by what the manual says and fit what components I got into spaces where they can fit :) my screen does not have speakers, I did not get that lead shown above or a DVI cable. I installed windows, then attempted to install the motherboard (don't know if it installed properly that's why I am here) tried to install my wirless PCI card and it won't work and then I moved on to graphics card disc and nothing again! I removed the PCI card and replaced it and nothing happened, when I go by the disc installation it won't let me install because it says the PCI adapter is not connected.. TBH I got very few leads connecting to and from places, I have a power supply from rig to plug, the VGA lead from back of rig into Screen and a power supply for Screen plugged in, there is lots of holes and connection areas that came with the motherboard yet there is no leads or components for any! Double checked the boxes and no spare wires or anything:confused:

Forget the discs so, you should first ununstall any ATI drivers that may have installed, start>Control Panel>Programmes and Features>ATI graphics remove.
    Next go to your motherboards driver page here (Click download on the left) and download all drivers onto your computer (forget the "Utitlies").
    Next go to the ATI page I linked above and download the latest driver onto your computer.
    Install the Motherboard drivers first. Start with the chipset ones, then ethernet networking ones, then sound ones.
    Then reboot.
    Install video card ones (ATI)
    Reboot.
    This should sort it. Your Wifi PCI card may be doa, it can happen, just RMA the card singly if you can if its dead. Try the website to see if there are any newer drivers for it that may work.

Nick

TBH, with Windows 7, driver disks are fairly useless as often they are out of date. Windows Update can and will download and install the most recent drivers for your system, including graphics drivers (speaking from experience). I recommend you make sure it's turn on and be on your way.

Sorry could you link me to the ATI drivers for the graphics card( I think i have it I just want to be sure)You didn't link it :D I really appreciate this help, thanks for your time also, what do you think about the lack of audio leads etc ? is this supposed to be or will the audio be played through the desktop maybe like it should do? thank you.

No it shouldn't play through the Desktop because VGA/DVI doesn't output Sound!

• Advertisement

Then why did the box not contain the lead above !?

Sorry could you link me to the ATI drivers for the graphics card( I think i have it I just want to be sure)You didn't link it :D I really appreciate this help, thanks for your time also, what do you think about the lack of audio leads etc ? is this supposed to be or will the audio be played through the desktop maybe like it should do? thank you.

You said it doesn't?

Did you install the sound driver?

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx is probably your driver if on a 64bit os. does your monitor have a auxilary (sp?) audio port on it, i.e: a small round port, if not maybe you need to use a HDMI cable to use the speakers.

Nick

I have found the problem with the PCI wireless card it says " Universal Serial Bus (USB) controller doesn't have a driver" any ideas ?

There is also no audio connection in the back of my screen :L there's a power slot, VGA slot and a DVI slot, I got a power cord and a VGA cord, nothing else.

There is also no audio connection in the back of my screen :L there's a power slot, VGA slot and a DVI slot, I got a power cord and a VGA cord, nothing else.
    YOUR MONITOR HAS NO SPEAKERS, HENCE NO AUDIO CABLE, HENCE NO SOUND.

It does have speakers.

Are you 100% sure it's not there.

It's usually black so it's hard to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

where do you see that it says that it has speakers because any site i've looked at doesn't mention them?

I think he needs to buy speakers

It doesn't have speakers. No website that I have checked selling that monitor states it has speakers. The OP has said it doesn't have speakers.

@OP: You will not hear any sound without speakers.

It doesn't have speakers. No website that I have checked selling that monitor states it has speakers. The OP has said it doesn't have speakers.

@OP: You will not hear any sound without speakers.

The manufacturers website is wrong then? It probably does have inbuilt speakers but just didn't come with a aux cable

Nick

• Advertisement

yoyo wrote: »
    The manufacturers website is wrong then?
    YES. It does happen.

Advertisement