Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black ice on road to Mc Geoghs on Border ( Dundalk )

Options
  • 09-12-2011 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Be careful lads and lassies, on the road to Mc Geoughs on the border just under the bridge there is black ice. My father nearly died tonight as a result of it, he skidded all over the road and it took him some time to grab control of the car. He said ''I must have hit a dry part of muck or something because then the car skidded me all over to the other side of the road, had another car come along around that sharp corner in the process he said he would have surely crashed and a fatal accident would have occured.''

you'd think they would grit those roads :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

Be careful lads and lassies, on the road to Mc Geoughs on the border just under the bridge there is black ice. My father nearly died tonight as a result of it, he skidded all over the road and it took him some time to grab control of the car. He said ''I must have hit a dry part of muck or something because then the car skidded me all over to the other side of the road, had another car come along around that sharp corner in the process he said he would have surely crashed and a fatal accident would have occured.''

you'd think they would grit those roads :mad:

No chance. The Council think spending 3 million Euro on block paving the town is more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

No chance. The Council think spending 30 million Euro on block paving the town is more important.
    You need to revise your euro figure there JF;)
    BTW the County council are responsible for that road.There is a few after hours numbers on their website,the op should ring them and tell them of the danger.Tel: 1890 202 303
    http://www.louthcoco.ie/en/Home/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

BTW the County council are responsible for that road.There is a few after hours numbers on their website,the op should ring them and tell them of the danger.Tel: 1890 202 303

Please accept my apologies for my typo error.
    I have now amended it to your satisfaction; 3 million Euro.
    My Irish shovel hands weren't made for typing.
    I suppose they would be of better used like my Father and Grandfather before him working as a Navvy shovelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

Thank you. Is this a 24 hour number?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Please accept my apologies for my typo error.
    I have now amended it to your satisfaction; 3 million Euro.
    My Irish shovel hands weren't made for typing.
    I suppose they would be of better used like my Father and Grandfather before him working as a Navvy shovelling.

You'll be grand.:p
    Thank you. Is this a 24 hour number?
    Dont know TJD,it just says "Emergencies Outside Normal Hours":confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement