Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX Dec update broke my xbox!!!!

Options
  • 09-12-2011 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Hey

So woke up and played some xbox (batman) then went to bed again... then woke up again to play some COD plugged in my Lan cable and got the update software prompt. Did it ok no problems got the dashboard select the game then when joining a room the game froze. I left it for a min then turned it off.

Next everytime i turned it on I got a hang on the spinning 360 screen 4/5 time this happened. went on the website to fill in the repair form where it said to reseed the HD. did it and tried it then bam 3 red light ring of death!

I was raging!!! I have never put anything on beside or newr the vents for this reason so was not happy. To salt the wounds MS want to charge me for the fix!

Has anyone else had problems due to the software upgrade?

My room is cool even in summer so it cant be over heating it just cant be!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

being honest I'd put it down to being a coincidence,
    If the dash update caused it you would be getting e79 instead of 3rrod

Advertisement