Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware if switching from Vodafone to Eircom

Options
  • 09-12-2011 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Just to make people thinking of switching to beware of giving Vodafone one months notice.

I'm seething here. Eirom happily advertise about how many people switch back to Eircom from Vodafone and how Eirocm will do everything for you after one call.

I phoned Eircom to switch which they did for me. I have now received a bill from Eircom and Vodafone for the month of December. As I never gave Vodafone a months notice (which I wasn't aware was in T&C)I have to pay them for a whole month when I'm with Eircom. Why couldn't Eircom have made me aware of this and I would have given Vodafone a months notice and signed up next month. I received my Vodaone bill today but I have passed my cooling off period and am now stuck with Eircom for 12 months.

Eircom have argued that it is up to me to give one months notice which is correct but common coutesy would be to ask if you have done this and at least make me aware. I just thought it was sneaky the way they did it and after the 12 months are over I'm never using them again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭leposean

Look I hate Eircom and Vodafone but your completely in the wrong here, you didn't check your terms and conditions with you Vodafone contract and it is not up to Eircom to 1.Know the conditions of your Vodafone contract or 2.even if they did know it is not their job to tell you.

Happened to me with Eircom and If I was you I'd do everything I could to get out of that Eircom contract.Off topic I know but they are the devil :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

But surely only vodafone customers who are still in contract need to give notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭indenial

leposean wrote: »
    Look I hate Eircom and Vodafone but your completely in the wrong here, you didn't check your terms and conditions with you Vodafone contract and it is not up to Eircom to 1.Know the conditions of your Vodafone contract or 2.even if they did know it is not their job to tell you.

Happened to me with Eircom and If I was you I'd do everything I could to get out of that Eircom contract.Off topic I know but they are the devil :)

Fair comment. I know I haven't a leg to stand on legally but as I said it would be courtesy of Eircom to let you know before switching which I accept I shouldn't have jumped in head first. I was a reading a Vodafone thread on boards and the vodafone representative actually told a poster to beware of Eircoms T&C before switching which was good form and what I would expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭axle108

Why are you blaming Eircom. Why not Vodafone. It was Vodafone who failed to inform you, not Eircom. Vodafone charged you, id be thinking im glad i left them. Its not your current providers job to keep abreast of what your previous providers terms and conditions are. For gods sake they'd have to be reading each others every day of the week to keep up. Your issue is with Vodafone. As for reading a vodafone thread, do you really expect them to praise there competition.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Normal sh1t, you must tell the last lot you are off 30 days in advance. Then switch before the 30 days are up.

If you feel you were mislead on the 'ease' bit then bring it up with that pack of tossers in Comreg who should have much clearer standard conditions and information for out of contract customers....but who must give 30 days notice nevertheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Eircom=Rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

I got caught myself when switching to Eircom from BT....sucks big time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭axle108

I got it now guys. You switch to eircom and vodafone charge you as per their contract and you blame eircom. ok.

Advertisement