Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are those signs?

Options
  • 09-12-2011 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Does anyone know what those mini signs are around the South of Dublin? They are small arrow signs on some lamp posts and traffic lights. There are loads of different ones, some have symbols like a cross or circle others say things like titanic or second unit.
    Everyone I've asked doesn't know what they are for!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭saleda

Does anyone know what those mini signs are around the South of Dublin? They are small arrow signs on some lamp posts and traffic lights. There are loads of different ones, some have symbols like a cross or circle others say things like titanic or second unit.
    Everyone I've asked doesn't know what they are for!

I've seen them in my area when there is filming going on in cabinteely so I presume they are secret directions for all the crew. Not a secret anymore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ciarang85

as far as i know they are used to guide film crews and the like around, when they appear on my road always a day or two later a film crew park up in the open area behind my house, so im just kinda guessing they are linked

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ButterflyGirl23

Never thought of that one! There is no filming going on here though and this isn't the first year that i've seen them. The symbols seem to change every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ciarang85

maybe where just passing through, i dont know why they change them! diffrent companys might have diffrent signs or sumthin

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

shooting of Titanic I imagine, given the signs
    http://www.imdb.com/news/ni17996666/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Was wondering what they were too, I was passing the convent on the grange road in rathfarnham this morning and the whole area was wedged with vans and trucks and lighting rigs for the filming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Talking about random signs. Does anyone know what those tricolour stickers are for? They seem to be stuck to bollards, under bridges, lamp posts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BONDIred

Or what are the little black men spray painted all over the place?

Advertisement