Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CFS furniture /Groupon

Options
  • 09-12-2011 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi im just wondering has anybody else ordered the 3 piece suite from groupon via CFS furniture in the uk.i was told 6 weeks delivery its been 8 weeks and still no furniture.im told its coming 2 weeks ago,this week and now its stopped in customs.the support staff are the worst ive ever dealt with ,the girl failed to ring me back on 4 occasions and after being put on hold for 10 mins today (on my mobile) i heard the guy tell her who was on the phone and 2 secs later it went dead.the fcuker.i pray they arent in financial difficulty or something.Also one of their 2 numbers on the website is now disconnected.Contacted groupon who will chase them monday about what is going on.Anybody else in the same boat.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TinkerTiggy

They are an absolute joke!!! I was on to them a number of times and every time I spoke with them, the delivery date was moved back a week. An now I just received the below email.

It is with deep regret that we write to inform you that all deliveries scheduled from Friday 9th December 2011 up to Saturday 31st December 2011 have been postponed until the New Year. Unfortunately, in recent weeks we have experienced delays in receipt of funds which has seriously impacted on our ability to complete the manufacturing process.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused by this situation but can only suggest that you speak to the Groupon Management Team on tel no +44 (0) 203 510 0410 who are fully aware of this situation. Should a refund be required for your order then please contact Groupon on tel no +44 (0) 203 510 0410 who will be able to process this for you.

We must sincerely apologise once again for the situation which we now find ourselves in but which is totally outside of our control.

Customer Services

CFS Furniture Ltd

What the f*"k does "Unfortunately, in recent weeks we have experienced delays in receipt of funds which has seriously impacted on our ability to complete the manufacturing process." even mean. I'm seriously doubting they'll even deliver the order in the new year.

I have tried phoning both Groupon and CFS but can't get through to either. I eventually gave up on both after about half an hour.

So, like you, I'm wondering what the hell is happening. I'm so angry!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bradders76

Hi, I too have had the exact same issue, getting thru to CFS is a joke and near on impossible. I have waiting on hold to groupon this morning for almost half an hour and eventually managed to speak to a rep there. She told me there is no problem but the delivery is just being delayed till the middle of January. She also added that we can all get our money back if there is any problems as I suggested that they were possibley going into receivership? She said they werent and that delivery will be with in 2 weeks of beginning of January. Hmmmmmm yeah right. Thats my dead line with them if I havent got my sofas by middle of Jan I am cancelling. There is an old saying ' if it sounds too good to be true it usually is' just hope not in they case eh!!!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cadger1978

Anyone actually get an order confirmation from these jokers?There terms and conditions state that they have no liabilty if you do not have an order confirmation which I never received despite requesting several times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cherryburton

I'm in the same boat - they originally said the 7th, then bumped it back to the 17th and they seem to be totally disorganised. (One person will confirm the delivery , then someone else will email to say that they're sorry it's not been confirmed yet.) I can't be arsed with it anymore, I just want my cash back now!

Just spent 1 hour on hold to groupon before getting through.Have requested full refund for sofa plus the refund of delivery costs.

these guys in the UK are never gonna deliver IMHO every time you call their number there is a different automated operator or process, usually it just doesnt ring or goes dead.

I'm never using one of these deal sites again after this experience.Just hope I get my money back before Groupon announces that they are bust.

Warning for anyone remotely considering something being a bargain on these sites!!

Probably worth saving that extra bit more and going with someone legit.

• Advertisement

I finally got through to Groupon after about half an hour and they are going to refund the voucher - however I paid for the delivery by Paypal so have just raised a claim. And interestingly - when I've tried to contact CFS using the Paypal transaction contact details, whaddya know? The address no longer exists - so looks like they're trying to pull a fast one with the money. Also they've probably just waited long enough for most people's payments to be past the 45 day claim period. I sneaked in there with about two days to spare. All very, very dodgy...

Hmmmm maybe i might be best off cancelling mine. How long till the money is refunded and what did paypal say about the delivery charge? Can you not claim that back now then cuz i paid mine paypal too :0(

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Rella

Just spent over an hour getting through to Groupon who have put in the application for refund. Have to wait ten working days though. Cannot use Paypal dispute service as it is past 45 days since payment was made and have to write to Charge Back Unit at bank to attempt to get the upgrade and delivery charge back!!!! What a pile of SH1T. A Very Merry F%^&1NG Christmas this is!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 binary211

Just found this forum. Having the same problem as you guys.
    What do you think is the best thing to do at the moment?
    The deal is very good, but willing to cancel. How much of a protection Groupon gives us?

Binary I would cancel, and do it now!!!!!! Its worth holding on to speak to Groupon and cancel, I have!!!! They told me money should be in my account within 5 working days and if you paid your delivery thru paypal you have 45 days from the transaction date to start a claim. I was unsure what to do but after seeig this thread I cancelled!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mlweb

I've actually had a email dialogue with Callum from cfl re purchasing some matching fabric to go with the sofa ordered. However I can't wait till mid Jan to see if the sofa will or will not turn up so I called Groupon who have organised a refund with no hassles. Onto cfl re getting the 2x delivery charges refunded so I'll see how I get on. I'll be over that way Thurs/Fri so any hassles and I can always pop in :-)

EDIT- Just noticed that others have claimed via paypal for the delivery charge. Since I'm 2 days from missing that window I've stuck in a claim also just to be safe.

Also speaking to Groupon there was not an issue with them releasing funds to cfl for the vouchers.

Groupon told me I'd have the money back in my account in 3-5 days. I think you might still have some protection through paypal even if it's out of the 45 days, it's worth double checking. Makes you wonder if they knew they were going down and thought they'd pull a scam to take as much down with them as they could - hence paypal email address that CFS used being completely shut down (but then I am quite cynical.) It's all way dodgy anyway and I'd rather have my £300 back in my pocket and look for something in the Jan sales than risk them going bust and taking the lot.

It seems that theirs Facebook group is also deleted. BEWARE!!! Although I suppose they won't need to manage the brand reputation after this fiasco is over.

I have just sent the following mail to Groupon Customer Support, if we all do the same they may do something!!!!: -

I have contacted customer services today and requested that my €300 for undelivered furniture from CFS Furniture in the UK is refunded. I was advised by customer services that this takes 10 working days, but have heard elsewhere it is just 5 working days. Can you kindly clarify.

I also paid for delivery and upgrade through Paypal, but cannot claim this back through them as it has passed the 45 day window. This order was placed in good faith from a company advertised by Groupon and should therefore be obliged if you would kindly arrange the refund of the €94.99 also. (Paypal receipt attached).

I have purchased other items through Groupon without problem and hate to think that this issue could colour my view of Groupon in the future. I therefore look forward to hearing from you with a positive response in the near future.

Thanks Rella,

Guys Im sending off my copy of the email now.This was looking like a **** christmas but i'll be a lot happier with the money back in the bank.The groupon customer support told me that they would get the Paypal delivery charge back also even though im outside the 45 day window.

Fingers crossed.

I cancelled my order yesterday with groupon and within 30 mins of cancelling it was back into my paypal account.....only the £250 tho, apparently they are not responsible for the delivery???

Just spoken to Groupon and they assured me that it is only a delay.
    I've asked for a written confirmation that I will get a full refund in case of any problems and they've sent me following:
    Further to our discussion earlier today regarding your order with CFS Furniture, this is a quick email, as you requested, to confirm that should the deal be cancelled, you will of course be entitled to a full refund. At the moment however, CFS Furniture have just confirmed that the delivery of these orders will be delayed until January. Should you have any further queries, please get in touch.

What do you guys think?

this doesn't fill me with confidence.Groupon seem to be making excuse after excuse.The deal is very unlikely to be cancelled as CFS (now stands for cute F-ing sasannaighs) can just keep extending the delivery date as they see fit.I contacted my bank to suss out the story and they told me that based on corresspondance with Groupon which i forward to them they will investigate and try to get the monies back in full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 laytiger

Hi, i have asked groupon for a refund of my monies , which they have said will be in my account in 5 working days.They said I will have to get delivery costs back from CFS. However i have so far had no correspondence from CFS regarding the refund of my delivery charges. I have checked out the details of one Martin Muldowney to whom the paypal payment was made and have come up with the following info
    on Director check.

http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/909111339
    Director Summary

Mr Martin Muldowney has 6 company director or secretary appointments.

Company Summary

Company NameCompany StatusCAPITOL UPHOLSTERY LIMITEDIn LiquidationCFS FURNITURE LIMITEDActive(Director Resigned)CAPITOL FURNITURE WAREHOUSE LIMITEDDissolvedNORTH WEST FURNITURE DESIGN LIMITEDDissolvedCAPITOL CARPET WAREHOUSE LTDDissolved(Director Resigned)CHEERS FURNITURE IMPORTS LIMITEDIn Liquidation(Director Resigned)

This doesn't look too clever , I will keep trying to get my delivery monies back.

Reading the above it appears that groupon seem to be telling a different story to different people i got the below communication from them today indicating that they would refund in full and also the delivery costs.

"I can clarify it does take up to 10 working days for the CFS Furniture refund to be processed. The refund for the postage will also be arranged.

Please let me know if you do not receive any update in regards to your refund request.

I do apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you for your patience."

i would imagine that if they are promising me the delivery refund then it should apply to anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 d123c

I've just got to speak to someone at CFS! Using 0161 628 8121 and then option 1 for customer service/sales. Spoke to a guy who told me he would pass my details to their accounts who will refund my paypal delivery charges.... we shall see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sbtwalsh

Hi, I looked for my refund from Groupon in mid November as they kept changing delivery dates, I received it within 10 working days and I have just got my refund from Paypal for delivery. Dont think this furniture will ever arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Groupon's business model stinks, they add nothing but chaos to every 'deal' and I can't wait for them to go under. The only problem is that they are going to take an awful lot of small investors with them, the mugs who learned nothing from the dot com crash in the early noughties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mlweb

Made a trip to cfs this lunchtime as I was over that way. Place is closed up and the lights are off. Place next door says they shut down a week or so back and that there was a notice put up saying as much. There was still many sofas in the showroom but it did look abandoned.

Got my Groupon refund thru straight away and now waiting on what Paypal will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 leanne951

I have also been duped by this "too good to be true" offer! ordered the 3+2 seaters in Nov and delivery was scheduled for 27th Nov, then rescheduled for 10th Dec. I double checked via email with Callum <SNIP> that the del was going to happen and I arranged to get rid of my old sofa. only received email the evening before delivery was due to say it wasnt coming! No sofa and no money - just what I needed at christmas!

Tried to contact Groupon several times since then - on hold for over half an hour each time and ended up giving up. Logged a dispute with paypal for delivery charge and sent a very angry email to groupon last week and asked for reply in 7 days - copying to CFS email. Guess what...?! not heard a thing from either but mlweb has confirmed why! they've shut up shop!

CFS Furniture are a joke and i dont think they had any intention of delivering the sofa's and are just buying themselves time!

my advice is steer well clear and request a refund asap if you havent already.

:mad:

I had sent a couple of mails regarding the upgrade and delivery costs to support@citydeal.ie, but received no response. So I took the time and called them waited the half hour for an answer and then asked if they would refund the upgrade and delivery costs paid through Paypal to CFS. The girl said she would find out for me and call me back with an answer and an update on the voucher refund also. So I gave my mobile number not expecting a call back. But an hour later the girl called back to advise that there was no update on the refund yet but the reason for taking 10 days to go through is that they check what was paid for upgrades and delivery so that they can refund that also. Watch this space....................................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 laytiger

I have had all my monies refunded now. £250 from Groupon,I emailed Groupon and found them very helpful. £44.99 to my paypal account from Paypal. I had to escalate with Paypal today as no response from CFS and I received a full refund 3 hours later. I am happy at last :) Merry Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 davepjones

I am currently employed by Cfs furniture Ltd. I can assure you there aren't any problems within our company! Groupon are basically holding us to ransom over money owed to us for the 1000 sofa sets we have already delivered to customers that have purchased the Manhattan sofa from ourselves. It is true that our showroom has been closed down but this has been planned for a while as the times are tough economically and it was losing us money on a daily basis. Our sofa manufacturing department, frame manufacturing shop and foam conversion department are all still fully operational and in full working order. We have been told we are unable to deliver Groupon orders until the money owed to us is released from Groupon. I have recieved my full wage without problem on the nominated payday each month for the year or so I have worked there and there have never been any signs of the company going into liquidation.

Hi Guys,

I received the following from Groupon today: -

"Manhattan Sofa: Two Seater (€159), Three Seater (€199), or Both (€300) from CFS Furniture (Up to 83% Off)"

We have important information for those of you who purchased this Groupon.

Regretfully, due to reasons beyond our control, including but not limited to failure of certain customer quality assurance checks, CFS Furniture are no longer in a position to fulfil orders made by Groupon customers. As such, we have no option but to cancel this deal and refund customers in full for their Groupons.

To claim back your postage and packaging, please write to:

CFS Furniture Ltd
    Unit 1 & 2
    Laurel Trading Estate
    Higginshaw Lane
    Oldham
    OL2 6LH
    United Kingdom
    This incident has no bearing whatsoever on other deals offered. We hope to bring you a similar deal in the near future and thank you for your understanding at this time.

We hope this unfortunate incident does not discourage you from opting for other upcoming offers in your city at www.groupon.ie.

Kind regards,
    The Customer Service Team

I have written to CFS Furniture requesting the refund for upgrade and delivery today. Let's see what happens.

• Advertisement

davepjones wrote: »
    I am currently employed by Cfs furniture Ltd. I can assure you there aren't any problems within our company! Groupon are basically holding us to ransom over money owed to us for the 1000 sofa sets we have already delivered to customers that have purchased the Manhattan sofa from ourselves. It is true that our showroom has been closed down but this has been planned for a while as the times are tough economically and it was losing us money on a daily basis. Our sofa manufacturing department, frame manufacturing shop and foam conversion department are all still fully operational and in full working order. We have been told we are unable to deliver Groupon orders until the money owed to us is released from Groupon. I have recieved my full wage without problem on the nominated payday each month for the year or so I have worked there and there have never been any signs of the company going into liquidation.

If this is the case Dave, why does nobody in CFS respond to correspondence divert the telephone to someone who will answer it or even have a new number put onto the website. You must be able to understand our concerns from what we see.

Advertisement