Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CFS furniture /Groupon

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Rabbitface

Hi, does anyone have any thoughts on what we can do to claim our money back? Groupon are still refusing to refund me despite considerable resistance from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eeeackabacka

davepjones..... now you have cleared up what was already obvious, can you help with the name of the liquidators who are dealing with CFS administration. Ive just spoke with my bank and if we can obtain these details we should be able to claim our money bank through our bank!!

We will wait an see.....................:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Loasdsamoney Martin

<SNIP>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Loasdsamoney Martin

<SNIP>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 davepjones2

the liquidation people are mistry associates, 51 oldham road, Ashton under lyne. to loadsamoneymartin .. the address u have for Ian smith is wrong as he has moved to Australia! and the address for Martin is wrong as he hasn't lived there for about 10 years, lives somewhere in rochdale now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Samminbarney

Well after posting & reposting on Groupons wall regarding CFS going into liquadation, they have sent back to following email....... However when I did contact the fraud line, they pretty much told me that although I could file a claim, this doesnt mean that they can get the money bacl, so a little fruitless really........
    :mad:

Hi Samantha,

My apologies for the delay in my reply, I have been waiting for further information. I am a Senior Customer Service Manager here at Groupon, and have been pro-actively working on this specific case so customers are kept in the loop. We have checked all registries and the Manchester police that manage the department of business that CFS Furniture Ltd. is based in and none of which have any record of filings for liquidation, insolvency or administration for CFS Furniture Ltd. I'd like to assure you that we are taking this situation very seriously and have filed a recorded incident with Action Fraud for CFS Furniture Ltd.

Action Fraud have advised us to ask all our customers to contact them directly and make an individual claim for their postage and packaging from CFS Furniture Ltd. You can call them on 0300 123 2040 or view their website at www.actionfraud.org.uk.

Once again, I'd like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused. We will however continue to monitor the situation and in the instance CFS furniture LTD files for insolvency or liquidation we will notify the customers of this important information.

Kind regards,

Emma King
    Senior Customer Services Manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Samminbarney

"pro-actively working on this specific case so customers are kept in the loop" laughable really !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dlrpkris

Ive just spoke with my bank and if we can obtain these details we should be able to claim our money bank through our bank!!

Just out of interest, which bank told you this? Would love to be able to tell my bank that someone has already been advised they can actually help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 willsonfire

hi me again. I no longer work for cfs furniture, been made redundant, what a surprise! The old managing director (Martin muldowney) has been sacked for his disgraceful handling of and decision to take on such a stupid, unrealistic groupon offer. the offer and s@#t management has sent Cfs furniture into administration and lost over 80 of us our jobs! the company has gone into administration and is looking to start up again with a complete new board who actually know what the hell they are doing! I just hope this means I can have my old job back as I know the new management and they are very good at doing what they do and will make the company work! if not I will be deeply upset and angry at my redundancy. this obviously means that people chasing refunds for their delivery charges relating to the groupon offer will unfortunately be hitting a dead end as the company assets, including bank accounts, will have been frozen and will be untouchable. looks like the old managing director knew he was on his way out and thought he would take as much with him as possible. I'm really sorry for all the upset and inconvenience caused to people with this offer as a former employee. this has no reflect on the work force in the sales office or anywhere else in the company as they were just passing on information as told, but the blame lies with the poor management.

Many thanks for the update - it's clearly now a waste of time pursuing the delivery charge refund with CFS. Fortunately I have now purchased some better quality sofas from Tesco, at a bargain price:

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.208-5516.aspx

Ok having the same problem as everyone else and checked back through emails and it seems we have paid our £50 direct to this Muldowney guy, on a bt connect email address and pay pal. Thanks for the info above but when i called early december to check when i could expect delivery of of my sofa's, i spoke to a woman who after asking me if i had paid for the delivery by pay pal told me they would be delivered on 23rd of december. It would seem to be that these dates where deliberatley given out to be outside the paypal refund window, which leaves me and everyone else £50 down. If as you state it was down to bad managment by Muldowney, who are these other people that when they could be bothered answering the phone told blatent lies regarding the delivery date, i never from day one got any emails confirming any dates or anything from groupon to say this deal had been cancelled, only on seeing posts on internet forums and contacting groupon myself did i learn this deal had turned sour. Im getting onto paypal tomorrow, because it would seem anything that cannot be delivered within 42 days bogus or not would be a major risk paying for it with paypal if all rights of a refund are lost after this time period.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Rella

Well the bank have asked for documented evidence that CFS Furniture Ltd have ceased trading / are in liquidation. So thanks "davepjones2" I have mailed Mistry Associates requesting the same. Trouble is there is a 120 day time limit from the date of transaction which I hope has not yet run out!!!!:confused::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 declew

Hi Ive also been ripped off but not letting anyone get away with it - Iam gonna make sure I get ALL my money back so basically this is what I done and what you need to do.....

Inform actionfraud 0300 123 2040 - they cant get money back but linked to police fraud and the more people who contact them the more evidence they get to take action against MARTIN MULDOWNEY.

CFS furniture are going into liquidation 27th Jan and the liquidators are definately mistry associates - and this is where you claim your money back for delivery charges - I rang them and I need to send paypal reciept of charge with my name address and brief outline and they will return the money owed .. heres there contact info http://www.mistryassociates.com/

As for groupon some maybe lucky (unlike myself) to of had their money refunded for the furniture but if you havent you can contact consumerdirect 08454 040506 who will give you advice and give you a brief outline of what you need to say to groupon as they in breach of conduct and consumer credit act also your credit card company can also do a charge back

hope this helps everyone - dont give up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Loadsamoney Ian

I've also been ripped off by CFS Furniture Ltd and Groupcon. I got neither my goods, or any money back. My two young children were crying all over christmas, because I couldn't afford hardly any presents for them, and the trip to see Santas grotto, that they had been promised had to be cancelled, as I had to go and rush-buy a second hand sofa, and was charged £100 for delivery, as it was Christmas eve. I also received a written warning from work, as I had to have three seperate days off, for the "sofas" that never arrived. Work just thought that I was taking the P*ss. :mad::mad::mad:

Unfortunately for CFS furniture, one of my closest friends works part-time as as a Freelance Private Investigator. She has been really helpful, as she saw the pain and anguish that I went through over the holiday period. she come up with the following information. I hope it helps any of you guys.

CFS Furniture Ltd are still trading. They have simply changed their name to
    DESIGNER TRADE FURNITURE LTD If you click you will see the new company address, probably where they are hiding their stock, and cash from the liquidators. I wonder who's the mobile telephone number is, probably one of Martin Muldowneys old ones. I phoned a few times but was put onto answerphone, after afew rings suprise suprise! We're currently in the process of checking who the number is registered to, and will post the name on here, if they are involved with CFS Furniture LTD.

It's the same old people selling the same old stuff and the same old lies. I'll bet that they are already negotiating with some other voucher sites, in order to do another christmas splurge. Then I guess, they will go into liquidation again, pocketing all of the money and leaving families high and dry, while the latest "director emmigrates to a nice hot country as well.

CFS will be at the INTERIORS 2012 Furniture show at the NEC in Birmingham, in the West Midlands, from the 22nd to 25th of January. They will be under the name of Designer Trade Furniture. Click here for proof and where to find them.
    Notice that its the old CFS address listed- It's them alright, and I will be going for my refund, and if they don't give it to me in full, I will call the police in the spot. I am travelling 100 miles to get to Birmingham, and it will cost and my wife me about 30 quid each to get into the show, but it's a matter of principal. Also I'm gonna get all of the names of the people involved in the "new" CFS company, and everyone will be investigated, believe me. And don't even get me started on GROUP CON.
    I'll let you know how I get on in Birmingham. Once I have proof it's them, I will post some photos. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 davepjones2

Good Evening All,

The private investigator has been very good at her job I can see. I have been speaking to a few ex work colleagues from the sales office about what has happened and I have been reliably informed that CFS has just changed its name to Designer Trade Furniture Ltd. They are still based at Unit 1+2 Laurel Trading Estate, as was CFS Furniture Ltd. As for the link to the company profile, I have been told that the address on there is of the new company director, an employee kept on from CFS Furniture. The telephone number is also his I believe as I've been told they dont have a landline phone at the moment.

They are to be at the furniture show as stated by loadsamoneyian, with only the sales staff on the stand, unfortunatly no directors are likely to be attending. I am going to go myself with another ex work colleague to see whats going on.

I am just thankful I have managed to get myself another job in a warehouse not too far away, doing pretty much the same as I was doing at CFS, warehouse labouring. The showroom that used to belong to CFS no longer does and has been taken over by a private individual, who has nothing to do with CFS (luckily for him, as I believe many an irrate customer would be paying the store a visit).

If I hear anything off current employees or ex work colleagues I shall post more and keep you all up to date. Until then, keep battling for your money back and I wish you all the best of luck!

Many Thanks

Dave Jones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pwjj

Regardless of who has been ripped of by CFS you have little or no chance of getting your money back this company is now defunct its bills outstanding orders etc will not be honoured its futile to try and get your money back from the'new company' as all they will have done is to 'buy' the previous companies stock data base etc from the liquidators at a knocked down price all you can do is to stop dealing with Groupon (who seem to be good at finding dubious companies to deal with,purchase using either paypal or a credit card)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pwjj

also that 'excuse' by the ex-worker must rank as one of the lamest I have ever seen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 wackywoman

Here I am...
    Paid for my two settees back in September, protracted time before delivery date given, recieved two settees, brand new... looked good... very uncomfortable, very cheap looking, didnt like them.... thought what did I expect what a fool not seeing them before buying... and they were very uncomfortable... thought oh well... we will get some better ones in the new year. then two days later I leaned on an arm and it collapsed!

I told CFS and Groupon and waited for collection with NO contact from either of them. then after badgering them I had a telephone call to arrange collection on 12.12.11 I was busy waiting, and suddenly wondered whether I had had any email contact about it! Then I found the fateful "there will be no deliveries until 2012" I tried to phone them to ask if this was also the case for collections with NO reply to ANY of the extensions on the land line number. Groupon said I had to arrange it with CFS as it was a collection. They fobbed me off to get me off the phone.

Nothing.... nothing.... nothing....
    Then an email from Groupon saying they had reported to CFS to the Fraud website... and they encouraged me to do the same... which I have done.

Im not surprised about all of this... I felt bloody foolish when I recieved them that they were so rubbish and you should have seen the crappy van they were delivered in.

Thankyou ALL for all of your posts they have filled in bits of information that I have been asking Groupon for.

I feel the same as lots of people on here that feel that Groupon ARE responsible as they should check out the companies they sell for to ensure safety in these situations, and they should be responsible for paying out as they should be insured for such eventualities. I guess its a surprise for them as for us, but they are responsible for running the advert twice and not realising what they were doing in overselling for any company.

So I feel confident to contact Groupon again and Demand they give me my money back. I have contacted the fraud site, and mistry associates and am waiting for them to get back to me. I too had contacted trading standards but got no local help. I was pulling my hair out. I am desperate for my money back now.

Alison
    Nottingham:(:confused::o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 3chihuahuas

Hi everyone - just to let you know that I phoned Groupon again today as hadn't heard back from them after my call 2 weeks ago.
    I have now been promised a refund for the original £250 and like others advised to write to Mistry Associates for the £50 delivery and fabric upgrade charge.
    Groupon said the refund will take about 10 days as it's more complicated arranging a refund as the sofas were delivered.
    As it will cost around £30 to get the council to take the sofas away I'll also be asking for them to reinburse that too.
    Hope everyone else gets their money back.
    Thanks for the info and advice in this thread :)

3chis

Well Would you believe it, I received the following mail from Paypal on the 31st Jan: -

We recently received notice from your credit card company that you filed a chargeback stating that you did not receive merchandise you paid for.

Please review the details of the disputed transaction below and the steps
    for what to do next.

Last Paragraph: -

If you wish to continue with this chargeback, no further actions are required by you at this time.

Was looking at my card account on line and guess what.............. the carriage and upgrade costs were returned into my account on 27th Jan by Paypal!! Happy Days:D:D

It took a good bit of work to acheive and lots of letters, mails and calls to the bank but it paid off. Don't give up guys it's worth the effort!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Lisa6297

Am a bit slow on the uptake here. I too received emails stating about delayed delivery. But I was fine with this as I didn't want the 2 sofas until end of January really - redecorating. So it is only now I find that nothing will be arriving. So having read this blog I've done the following. Contacted Groupon for a refund (even though it seems this should have been automatic!) and written to Paypal & Mistry to get the £45 delivery charge back.

Will be keeping an eye on this and will let you know how I get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dlrpkris

Rella wrote: »
    Well Would you believe it, I received the following mail from Paypal on the 31st Jan: -

We recently received notice from your credit card company that you filed a chargeback stating that you did not receive merchandise you paid for.

Please review the details of the disputed transaction below and the steps
    for what to do next.

Last Paragraph: -

If you wish to continue with this chargeback, no further actions are required by you at this time.

Was looking at my card account on line and guess what.............. the carriage and upgrade costs were returned into my account on 27th Jan by Paypal!! Happy Days:D:D

It took a good bit of work to acheive and lots of letters, mails and calls to the bank but it paid off. Don't give up guys it's worth the effort!!!

That's fantastic. Great news! perhaps you could share with us what it was exactly that got you the money back? I'm sure we're all keen to do the same :)

• Advertisement

Do any of you know if it makes any difference that I pay my paypal account with a debit card as opposed to a credit card?

Even though they knew about the huge mess up with this they weren't pro-active in refunding were they.

However, I did get an immediate reply and they have confirmed that I'll receive a refund within 14 days - so getting the £250 back is a start.

Will keep trying now with the £45 delivery charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sg01red

I am a retailer and we dealt with CFS for almost a year! infact at 2011 Birmingham show they were doing a roaring trade! i also know other retailers suffering the same as i am!

We promoted their ranges and done quite well with them, under no illussion that they were top range goods they where bottom market and sold cheaply to our customer so you dont expect them to last ten years, but you do expect them to last 6 months! we are now left with a large number of complaints and service issues with which we now must meet out of our own pocket! right up to just 3 weeks ago i was being promised by Julie at CFs that all our service issues would be met! i got back from holiday to hear they had gone bust! i hadnt even got finnished trying to sort out the mess they left us in and Barry is on the phone from the new company trying to get sales from me! i could not believe it!!! i told him that given the poor service from them we would not be dealing with them in the future! he gives all sorts of rubbish about new people and new management! three days later just this morning i get a call from someone from the new company! pretending that we contacted them recently and woiuld we be interested in some offers thay have on! being sus i asked for his location and realised it was cfs again trying to see if i was aware of the new business and place orders with them without realising, i cant believe they have the balls to do that! truth is i have sorted my customers problems at my expense! and even if they offered to repair or replace these goods i still wouldnt have accepted as they would only be back again with more trouble later and my customers trust is more important to me than saving a few pounds ! i remember being angry when i saw he groupn offer as we couldnt buy these sofas at that price from them to sell on and yet they were giving them away online! i knew something was wrong and have just found out what it was! it sounds like cfs where all set up to fail with key directors making fortunes out of it! rant over! sorry you wont all get your money back but think your self lucky its only one set you bought i have 8 so far i am having to settle myself. good luck!

sgo1red - I'd be tempted to deal with the new company, order some sofas and then erm shaft them... but hey ho probably won't do any good for your usiness - just a knee jerk reaction.

Anyhow... thanks to finding this board my reclaim journey has been painless. Was contacted by my bank today and they've done an indemnity claim and credited my account for portion of the delivery, I was in credit on paypal so the money transferred from my debit card was a little less than the complete charge. I checked my account and yes almost all the delivery charge is credited back, and today I also got the groupon refund.

So feeling a bit better now. Am still sitting on a crappy sofa, but sounds like the new ones were going to be rather crappy anyway. So going to spend the money on a new roof for my convertible car so I can optimise the sale of that and then will have some funds to play with...

Thank you boards... made my journey less painful. Lisa

dlrpkris wrote: »
    That's fantastic. Great news! perhaps you could share with us what it was exactly that got you the money back? I'm sure we're all keen to do the same :)

Hi dlrpkris, if you go through this thread you will see exactly what I had to do to get my money back. It is all there in painful detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 indeed324

Good Evening All,

The private investigator has been very good at her job I can see. I have been speaking to a few ex work colleagues from the sales office about what has happened and I have been reliably informed that CFS has just changed its name to Designer Trade Furniture Ltd. They are still based at Unit 1+2 Laurel Trading Estate, as was CFS Furniture Ltd. As for the link to the company profile, I have been told that the address on there is of the new company director, an employee kept on from CFS Furniture. The telephone number is also his I believe as I've been told they dont have a landline phone at the moment.

They are to be at the furniture show as stated by loadsamoneyian, with only the sales staff on the stand, unfortunatly no directors are likely to be attending. I am going to go myself with another ex work colleague to see whats going on.

I am just thankful I have managed to get myself another job in a warehouse not too far away, doing pretty much the same as I was doing at CFS, warehouse labouring. The showroom that used to belong to CFS no longer does and has been taken over by a private individual, who has nothing to do with CFS (luckily for him, as I believe many an irrate customer would be paying the store a visit).

If I hear anything off current employees or ex work colleagues I shall post more and keep you all up to date. Until then, keep battling for your money back and I wish you all the best of luck!

Many Thanks

Dave Jones
    Great that you have confirmed that the investigation into CFS and Designer Trade Furniture Ltd are one of the same .. however although you mention that the new director of Designer Trade Furniture Ltd is an ex employee of CFS.. how come you failed to mention the connection between the Director of Designer Trade Furniture and Martin Muldowney... Isn't the Director of DTF <SNIP>.. and that martin muldowney is still calling the shots in this new company... also that CFS was decided to be wound down at least back in september..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 wackywoman

Had a call from Groupon back in January saying they would get my money back to me... still nothing... three or four emails later and still nothing... they keep asking me to verify details... did I try to return the settees, have I contacted CFS, argh I am so so frustrated.

I am now holding AGAIN on the phone to go mad at them... the poor telephone peeps must dread calls about bloody CFS...

I am so glad some of you have your money back... I just wish it was me too....
    Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Surely this should be a criminal investigation if they have run off with our money and starting up straight away again? :mad:

Alison N<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bacopa

Hi I am very confused bout whats going on with my refund? The 300 euro was refunded promptly and then I was told to write to get the 59.95 refund on delivery charges separately. No refund to date and now yesterday a letter from Mistry Associates about liquidators, notice to submit claims, proof of debt forms, etc.? Sounds like the delivery refund is not guaranteed and I have to apply as a debtor? Could this be right?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Did you pay the delivery charge by credit card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 bacopa

paypal? they only intervene up to 45 days after purchase so its way more than that now. Phoned Groupon and not much assistance there. Told me to apply to liquidator and take it from there. Have a feeling my claim be small fry in the payout and not get priority!!

Advertisement