Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CFS furniture /Groupon

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Roberta Oliveira

Hi guys,

I can't believe I only found this forum now!

Same story here, bought the deal (3+2 seater), got the money back from Groupon, after a LOT of stress trying to get it delivered...icon8.gif

I had paid for an upgrade on the delivery and fabric (£69.99), but that was paid directly to CFS over the phone using my debit card :/

I got the letter from Mistry Associates last week but so far I have only contacted them by email.

Was anyone able to get their delivery fee back from Mistry/CFS/Groupon?

I know some of you got it back from paypal...

So much frustration, the worse was the stress they made me go through. So much wasted time.

Good luck to everyone in this "quest"

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bacopa

Hi join the CFS club!! I sent off the part of the form Mistry sent to register my claim as a creditor by registered post - more money!! CFS in liquidation spells bad news Im afraid as we be way down the pecking order to get anything back. Their financial affairs dont look at all healthy surprise surprise? Groupon had no advise except apply to Mistry Associates before end March as the only hope of getting a cent back?

Is this form the Proof of Debt Form?

The one you need to log in at thecreditorgateway.co.uk and download?

I'll try that, and then fingers crossed!

I registered the details with Watchdog and Actionfraud (which I gave details from this Muldowney guy). I do believe this is fraud, I think this guy just took our money without ever intending to deliver any sofas.

I also wrote to the Guardian consumer queries to see if we can hold Groupon accountable for putting us in touch with a dodgy retailer. I will let you guys know if I hear back from any of these people.

I know, I should consider myself lucky for getting back the £250, but £69.99 is a considerable amount and I will drag this to the end until I feel like I done all I could have.

Good luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 LoveFurniture

You can go online to companies house here and find the public info on his new company.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/f128a3ed96ef684f1defdc417ab60e0b/companysearch?disp=1&frfsh=1331243771#result

I have attached it for you too.
    It shows the company was formed just before Christmas and that would need to have been in the planning for a while.

<SNIP>

I don't suppose it helps much but I just saw this on the Guardian website:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/mar/16/groupon-breaches-consumer-protection-laws

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 cadger1978

Not sure where the previous post came from but I just rang this Barry Clarke and he has stated that he has nothing to do with refunds.Same old story over and over.All I want is my delivery costs refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cadger1978

Scam alert guys.I was the person who rang earlier , i guess ,but i certainly did not use foul and abusive language in any way,(although i'm now tempted) and I take offense to this false statement.The phone actually wasn't answered at first but i received a call back from this Barry Clarke who seemed unaware of the previous post here.He denied all knowledge of being part of a refund programme.Also I find it all a bit hard to believe as the company trading as CFS is in liquidation so why would a completely different trading company being offering refunds.If any mods are reading this please pay heed to the claims being made by Lord 789.

I agree with Cadger1978!

I texted one of these guys and never got a reply back.

I am thinking about contacting the police about this.

Have any of you managed to get in touch?

I have heard nothing from the liquidators so I am taking it as a lost cause. Anyone fare any better?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hate being ripped off

Has anybody managed to get their P&P back??

Mistry say it's unlikely we will get our money back and GroupOn doesn't give a cr*p about it.

What's the next step?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Hate being ripped off

Roberta Oliveira - have you contacted the police about this? If yes, what did they say?

A year later Mistry Liquidators wrote to me. And looks clear that the like of us get nothing?:mad:

Advertisement