Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lunch in Killarney

Options
  • 09-12-2011 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Am going to Santa village in Killarney next Thursday.
    We would like to have lunch in Killarney first at half 12. THere will be 4 adults and 4kids (ages 4, 3, 1.5, and 10months)
    Any recommendations? Obviously fine dining is out!! Would like to go somewhere near SAnta village and no stairs....

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

Lisha wrote: »
    Hi,

Am going to Santa village in Killarney next Thursday.
    We would like to have lunch in Killarney first at half 12. THere will be 4 adults and 4kids (ages 4, 3, 1.5, and 10months)
    Any recommendations? Obviously fine dining is out!! Would like to go somewhere near SAnta village and no stairs....
    MacD's would be perfect for your sort!.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

Theres an Eddie Rockets near enough,although at that time with school kids it might get busy.
    Try Murphys bar in college st,always good food and reasonably priced

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Jul3s wrote: »

not really our thing thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

Jul3s wrote: »

that sounds both belittling and sarcastic, What do you know about the ops family
    Lisha, there are any number of good eateries in Killarney part of the fun is finding one Have a great time in Killarney..

Theres an Eddie Rockets near enough,although at that time with school kids it might get busy.
    Try Murphys bar in college st,always good food and reasonably priced

Hi Chalkie 501, thanks for Murphys idea, Eddie rockets prob not a runner as it is my sister (we have 2 kids each) and our parents. i dont think Eddie Rs would suit my Mom.

that sounds both belittling and sarcastic, What do you know about the ops family
    Lisha, there are any number of good eateries in Killarney part of the fun is finding one Have a great time in Killarney.

Hi Invicta, no worries on above, I actually had a bet that MAcDs would get a mention :D

One place that has been suggested to me is Robertinos.... Any thoughts guys?

Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

invicta wrote: »
    Lisha, there are any number of good eateries in Killarney part of the fun is finding one Have a great time in Killarney..
    Wow you're sharp!.
    Macd's would definately suit you and your sort!.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Have you thought about Scotts hotel, they do a childs menu etc and would have a child seat etc. child changing area , something to think about .....

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

Lisha wrote: »
    Hi Chalkie 501, thanks for Murphys idea, Eddie rockets prob not a runner as it is my sister (we have 2 kids each) and our parents. i dont think Eddie Rs would suit my Mom.

Lisha, there are any number of good eateries in Killarney part of the fun is finding one Have a great time in Killarney.

Hi Invicta, no worries on above, I actually had a bet that MAcDs would get a mention :D

One place that has been suggested to me is Robertinos.... Any thoughts guys?

Thanks again
    I only suggested eddie rockets because i thought it might suit better(child friendly)....i've been there once and that was once too often:o
    Robertinos is a lovely restaurant but very expensive,wouldnt be a great place to bring kids to be honest.
    Sceal eile is very near there,or mac's on main st would be worth checking out

I only suggested eddie rockets because i thought it might suit better(child friendly)....i've been there once and that was once too often:o
    Robertinos is a lovely restaurant but very expensive,wouldnt be a great place to bring kids to be honest.
    Sceal eile is very near there,or mac's on main st would be worth checking out

No worries on Eddie Rs, all suggstions welcome.. Have eaten in mac s before it is good. Will keep sceal eile in mind thanks. Would be handy as it so near.
    Our plan when eating with kids is to just get mains, and keep it as short as possible. It USUALLY works fairly well. Kids are used to eating out. Once place is not too posh and ad we not there too long it s all good. TBH if kids were bold Mam would have us cleared:D double quick

Should be a good day am lookimg forward to it:)

Halo Kitty wrote: »
    Have you thought about Scotts hotel, they do a childs menu etc and would have a child seat etc. child changing area , something to think about .....

i thought they had closed good to know they open thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Jam would be nice, close to the village too.

Oh I do like the Jam cafe s never knew there was one in Kilarney, Thanks for that

Advertisement