Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Output SkyGo from iphone 4 to TV

Options
  • 09-12-2011 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi folks

I have skygo and bought the official hdmi output cable from apple thinking i was great. Unfortunatly HDMI is disabled. I read some threads which talk about jail breaking the phone. Can anyone tell me how to do this and DOES IT WORK? I pretty tech savvy so am willing to give this a blast. All help appreciated

BTW i am running ios 5 on iphone 4
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

mcclaffs wrote: »
    Hi folks

I have skygo and bought the official hdmi output cable from apple thinking i was great. Unfortunatly HDMI is disabled. I read some threads which talk about jail breaking the phone. Can anyone tell me how to do this and DOES IT WORK? I pretty tech savvy so am willing to give this a blast. All help appreciated

BTW i am running ios 5 on iphone 4
    Thanks

Search for Skygo

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mcclaffs

whiterebel wrote: »

If you bothered to read the post and not just the title you would see that searching for skygo will not help me

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If you bothered to read the post and not just the title you would see that searching for skygo will not help me

And if you bothered to read any of the first page, you would see a sticky for all jailbreak questions. How to get sky go working with jailbreak has been answered before, hence the link.

And if you bothered to read any of the first page, you would see a sticky for all jailbreak questions. How to get sky go working with jailbreak has been answered before, hence the link.

not for ios 5.0.1 hence the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

5.0.1 is jailbreak able!

I've not tested but I think you need tvout and unsupported4 from cydia to make this work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

displayout (cydia app) would work too.

whiterebel stop being such a <blank>, there a millions of topics that are reasked for newer firmwares.

kjl wrote: »
    displayout (cydia app) would work too.

whiterebel stop being such a <blank>, there a millions of topics that are reasked for newer firmwares.

Why don't you mind your own business. That's the problem around here, people just ask the same thing over and over without having searching first or even looking at the first page.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mickob16

What does it matter if a question is re-asked a thousand times?If you dont want to answer then dont,your posts suggests someone who has been personally insulted by the OP's nerve to ask a question,and to tell someone to "mind your own business" says alot about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

To the original poster. All you need to do is jailbreak your iPhone and install displayout. Works perfectly. I don't know what firmware your phone is on but iOS 5.0 and above can be jailbroken but is tethered which can be pain.

Let me know if you need help with anything.

Thanks folks, Damien - I am going to try display out now and will let you know how it goes. The jailbreak wasn't as bad as i thought. Have to reboot through redsnow every time the phone goes off though. I'll keep ye posted

• Advertisement

To the original poster. All you need to do is jailbreak your iPhone and install displayout. Works perfectly. I don't know what firmware your phone is on but iOS 5.0 and above can be jailbroken but is tethered which can be pain.

Let me know if you need help with anything.

displayout worked a treat. thanks to everyone for helping, i was losing faith in boards after the first reply but it came good again. Merry Christmas all

displayout worked a treat. thanks to everyone for helping, i was losing faith in boards after the first reply but it came good again. Merry Christmas all

Aw diddums, imagine if you'd actually bothered looking through the links which gave you all the above information:rolleyes:

Aw diddums, imagine if you'd actually bothered looking through the links which gave you all the above information:rolleyes:

Jesus someone keeps getting out of the wrong side of bed. As mentioned earlier if you have a problem with repeating topics just piss off and ignore it, theres no need to be an arrogant ****. It must be great to know it all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Jesus someone keeps getting out of the wrong side of bed. As mentioned earlier if you have a problem with repeating topics just piss off and ignore it, theres no need to be an arrogant ****. It must be great to know it all

Right, that's enough of that, both of you. Calm down, NOW, or I will begin by closing this thread and then hand out infractions.

Advertisement