Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bog

• 09-12-2011 10:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

have 3 acres of over growen bog how can i make money without draining it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭charityboy

how bad is it ,overgrown with :confused: when you say bog do you mean low lying field that holds water or is it a proper bog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Ford4000

If its a proper peat bog you cant make a hoot of it draining or not, trust me i have 150 acres of it...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Christmas trees might grow on it for you. How wet is it?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭milkprofit

part is shake bog
    over grown salleys briars no turf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

milkprofit wrote: »
    part is shake bog
    over grown salleys briars no turf

You could import a few crocodiles, their skin makes lovely shoes and bags, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭vcsggl

have 3 acres of over growen bog how can i make money without draining it

If you are prepared for a long term return you could plant swamp cypress, Taxodium dystichum. Will grow to about 12-15 metres in 20 years. Lovely wood. They are native to the south east USA - Louisiana swamps - but will happly grow in Ireland. If they are growing in standing water or ground that is always sodden they produce very big "knees" at the base - - like big butresses all around the base of the tree - the crocodiles - or alligators - would like them too, make them feel at home!!

George

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭MacraPat

over grown salleys

You know what you do with those Sallys .......

Baskets for direct sale,
    Willows for sale,
    Basketry courses for the hipsters

Advertisement