Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HKC SABB question

• 09-12-2011 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have a HKC SABB and normally there are 2 LED's that alternate on and off. When I came home tonight there was just 1 flashing on and off.

Anybody any idea what this indicates?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭altor

coffeekid wrote: »
    I have a HKC SABB and normally there are 2 LED's that alternate on and off. When I came home tonight there was just 1 flashing on and off.

Sounds like one of the LEDs has stopped working. If you activate the alarm does the outside bell ring and the strobe come on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 coffeekid

altor wrote: »
    Sounds like one of the LEDs has stopped working. If you activate the alarm does the outside bell ring and the strobe come on ?

Yip - all seems to be working as normal. As u say maybe just a bust LED

Just thought it looked a bit strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It might be that the tamper in the box is open. I know the LEDs do something different when the switch is released. The switch is at the bottom right of the box.

Yip - all seems to be working as normal. As u say maybe just a bust LED

Just thought it looked a bit strange

I would think that's all the issue is then. At lease the bell activates if the alarm is set off.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Hi altor,
    As in a previous thread I have the same problem with my system today, only one of the LED lights up. Is it a bug perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If everything is working correctly then its more than likely just the LED is gone.
    Is it a HKC SABB?

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    Hi altor,
    As in a previous thread I have the same problem with my system today, only one of the LED lights up. Is it a bug perhaps?

Hi Mr_Grumpy,

A bug is a system would have no effect on the external bell LEDs. It is more than likely that one of the LEDs has stopped working which is why only one works.

altor wrote: »
    Hi Mr_Grumpy,

A bug is a system would have no effect on the external bell LEDs. It is more than likely that one of the LEDs has stopped working which is why only one works.

That's what I thought, but also maybe a bug in the system could have affected it. How do I replace the LED?
    KoolKid wrote: »
    If everything is working correctly then its more than likely just the LED is gone.
    Is it a HKC SABB?

Yes it's a HKC SABB, see attached.

That's what I thought, but also maybe a bug in the system could have affected it. How do I replace the LED?

Yes it's a HKC SABB, see attached.

New bell. I don't think the LEDs are interchangeable on this SABB.
    Try ringing the installer and see what he says as he may return the SABB to HKC to get it fixed.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its not that old. he should be able to get it replaced.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Its not that old. he should be able to get it replaced.

Is it possible to change the LED myself? Would HKC replace it for my installer? EDIT: did a bell and light test and only 2 lights flash.

Is it possible to change the LED myself? Would HKC replace it for my installer? EDIT: did a bell and light test and only 2 lights flash.

That would be the strobe LEDs working. The LEDs are fitted into the newer bell, not like the removable ones on the older SABB. I would advise asking the installer rather than doing this yourself, he may return it to HKC for repair.

I can't see why the installer would not be able to get a replacement for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Chances are that is still under warranty so look to get it replaced.
    Replacing leds is not an option on these units

Jnealon wrote: »
    Replacing leds is not an option on these units

Just noticed that today when I was coming into the house, there was two LED lights flashing as it should as normal, this same very bell box seems to be working. It hasn't been serviced, i'm now scratching my head?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Just noticed that today when I was coming into the house, there was two LED lights flashing as it should as normal, this same very bell box seems to be working. It hasn't been serviced, i'm now scratching my head?:confused:

Could be a bad solder on the LED and when windy the bell is vibrating causing the LED to shake???????

Advertisement