Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox ms points not working

Options
  • 09-12-2011 10:53pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys, can MS find out if points have been used, and by who/when?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

How do you mean used? Are there points on your account and they won't work? Very odd if so. Or are you trying to claim points with a code, you will get a message saying the code is either wrong or already used if it won't add points to your account. You can check your download history and see everything you have ever bought and downloaded or anyone who could login in on your account.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sold a 2100 ms point code to a lad on adverts. I scratched it just before I sent it. He says that the code is invalid. I sent the right code. I checked the code on my xbox and it states it's invalid because it's already been used.

Note that I don't want any accusations posted here, but facts on whether I can verify if the code has ever been used. I believe the guy when he says they dont work. Can I confirm the ms support number if 012420758?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Try entering the code on xbox.com first , I sometimes get an invalid code error when I do it from the box itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I checked the code on my xbox and it states it's invalid because it's already been used.

There is your answer. I doubt MS will tell you what the GT was that used it because of data protection etc. If you did get a code that was just printed out wrong then yeah sure they could help, but if it's used, it's used no 2 ways about that one.

calex71 wrote: »
    Try entering the code on xbox.com first , I sometimes get an invalid code error when I do it from the box itself.

Tried it there too, says it's already been used.

• Advertisement

There is your answer. I doubt MS will tell you what the GT was that used it because of data protection etc. If you did get a code that was just printed out wrong then yeah sure they could help, but if it's used, it's used no 2 ways about that one.

Only two people had the code. Me and him. If microsoft gives me a time of when it was activated thats all I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

I would ring and ask them to confirm that my gamertag did not use it, ie ask "Can you confirm that a gamertag that is not *insert gamertag here* used the points?"

To me it seems very suspect, i know i would be thinking what you are probably thinging Futureguy

GAAman wrote: »
    I would ring and ask them to confirm that my gamertag did not use it, ie ask "Can you confirm that a gamertag that is not *insert gamertag here* used the points?"

To me it seems very suspect, i know i would be thinking what you are probably thinging Futureguy

Will be ringing them first thing tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Will be ringing them first thing tomorrow.

I really hope this is a points flaw and not what everyone is probably thinking, hope this gets resolved soon for you mate..

Adverts.ie site has gone downhill IMO used to be a fantastic tight .community it would be a shame if someone is playing fowl there!!

I have had two very dodgy deals on adverts and one of the guys involved was perm banned recently for ripping me off. I guarantee you adverts mods will come down hard on buyer if u can prove they used the points

Rang microsoft and they confirmed that the points were used yesterday and that it was not my account that used them. Asked buyer to talk to ms because it's probably a problem with his account...

Thanks guys, will close the thread now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement