Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vec help

Options
  • 10-12-2011 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I am currently attending digital media as a first year mature student and have applied for the fees grant. I was sent a letter from the vec looking for me to prove i have been in the country for the last five years(which i have and have lived here all my life) after exhausting all other avenues my only option is to get a letter from the department of justice confirming lawful presence in Ireland, i have sent an email to them describing my situation but got no reply so i plan to go in next week as i have free time from college.
    My question is has anyone any experience with the dept? can i just walk in and request the letter? I hope to have this sorted by next week and would appreciate any help or direction anyone could provide.

Thanks in advance

Jon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

What have you been doing for the last five years? If you were working then you could forward them copies of your P60's. Or if you were on the dole you could get a letter from the Social Welfare stating that you have been claiming a payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

do you have no bills, letters to you, social welfare statements?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

VEC denied my wife her grant saying the course wasnt suitable yet other people on her course have gotten it. She appealed it and it was denied it again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Gareth2011 wrote: »
    VEC denied my wife her grant saying the course wasnt suitable yet other people on her course have gotten it. She appealed it and it was denied it again :mad:

Gareth you could try the student support unit in Tullamore. They basically enforce policy in relation to education funding and at least they might be able to give you a bit more clarity as to why your wife was denied the grant. Tel: 057 9325317.
    It's not unknown for VEC's to make mistakes.

Advertisement