Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15.5 grain HMR

Options
  • 10-12-2011 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Anyone try the new 15.5 grain HMR yet? Just wondering as I heard some good reports of them from the states.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

can you get them here anywhere, i have seen them in NI but not down here :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

Dunno LK,I haven't seen them anywhere yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭rabbit assassin

Cant see the appeal of the 15.5g to be honest . They're 25fps slower than 17g :P They have less energy than the 17g (not a lot less but less all the same) and they drop faster. 17g if sighted @100 yards drops 8.5 inches at 200 !!where if the 15.5g is sighted @100 yards it drops 10 inches at 200 ! I havent seen them anywhere here and I wouldnt bother buying them if I did ! On the Hornady website they are selling I think $1 more expensive than the 17g :confused:

If it aint broke lads.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Are they a Hollow Point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Jonty wrote: »
    Are they a Hollow Point?
    No they are a polymer tip V-Max bullet and made for the likes of people that live in California that can't use lead and called green ammo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement