Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 800

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Phone told me there was an update but Zune says no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭paulheu

FGR wrote: »
    How are people getting updates on their Irish phones when there isn't any Irish software on Nokia's Servers?

Looking at Navifirm now and no sign of it.

Look at what it says as CARRIER in Settings>about>more information and look for that.. I am running the UK variant.. (product code 059L7C2) and previously ran the EE variant which is also fine (059Q201)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Zune is reporting that the phone is up to date. Can someone recap what the procedure was to force the update. I remember something about disconnecting the internet in order to make the update.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,572 ✭✭✭✭vectra

...worked first time:D thanks!

I Can't get the damn thing to work :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭g0g

Have any of you managed it on a VF IE Lumia 800 using that trick from above? I tried and disconnected internet but still got message saying phone up to date. Does the computer possibly get internet connection via the phone being plugged into it?

The XDA link I posted will allow you to download the update and install it directly. If you do not mind resetting the phone you can always flash it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Connected phone to laptop, checked for updates, and WooHoo, we have an update, but it seems to be more a software fix, rather than a version update to 7.8.

This software update:

*Fixes an issue with app purchases in some regions.

*Changes default sync times for email.

:(

• Advertisement

kaizersoze wrote: »
    7.8 is also known as 7.10.8858.136. Just in-house version numbers v product names.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp7/basics/update-history

Got an update done but now phone showing 7.5 as was earlier
    Zune is now showing 7.10 ( 8779 )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

I'm getting the following info off the phone -

Software : Windows Phone 7.5

OS version 7.10.8773.98

Which version have I actually got ?

Getting there.
    7.10 8783.12 now :D

irish-stew wrote: »
    Connected phone to laptop, checked for updates, and WooHoo, we have an update, but it seems to be more a software fix, rather than a version update to 7.8.

This software update:

*Fixes an issue with app purchases in some regions.

*Changes default sync times for email.

:(

Still downloading this on 2g mobile broadband.

:o

Might try the 7.8 update again tomorrow when I'm back to full strength.

:D

It took a few attempts to get the phone to update. It kept showing me the older software on the phone after I did the update. I had to close the browsers once the phone started to update and not open them until it had finished. When the phone restarts realupdater jumps on the phone. I have the same problem when I connect the phone if the browser is open.

irish-stew wrote: »
    Still downloading this on 2g mobile broadband.

:o

Might try the 7.8 update again tomorrow when I'm back to full strength.

:D

With out pressing anything further, I have an update description that looks exactly like 7.8.

:cool:

And we are done.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

g0g wrote: »
    Have any of you managed it on a VF IE Lumia 800 using that trick from above? I tried and disconnected internet but still got message saying phone up to date. Does the computer possibly get internet connection via the phone being plugged into it?

getting the same shi* not impressed !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Im on a sim free lumia 720 update worked no problem.

besides from the obvious home screen changes, and the extra themes, and dynamic wallpaper . What changes have you guys noticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

worked for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

So do you have to use that Zune crap to get this update? will it not come solely through the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

nocoverart wrote: »
    So do you have to use that Zune crap to get this update? will it not come solely through the phone?

Zune. No OTA updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Meteor Lumia 800 here, tried the update trick with disconnecting the internet a few times last night with no joy. Will try again later when I'm home from work.

vectra wrote: »
    Getting there.
    7.10 8783.12 now :D

Success...!!! :D

running 7.8 now / (7.10.8858.136)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭g0g

Still can't get mine to work! Trying on office computer now which is easier to disconnect from internet as LAN instead of WiFi. So let me get this right - turn off WiFi on phone (that's all I'm doing, not flight mode or anything), connect to Zune, go to settings - phone - update. Within max 1-2 seconds of clicking update I unplug the LAN cable. Every time I do it that way it might take a while but always tells me I'm up to date. :( Don't wanna go down the messy route of flashing, so maybe as easy to wait if VF are likely to release it soon anyway.

^^ If it is telling you that your phone is up to date you must be disconnecting too late.
    Persevere. I had to go through 3 updates which took ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

I did my own 800 yesterday afternoon no problem. Its a factory unlocked handset on o2.

I then set out to do my sons. He also has a factory unlocked handset but on meteor.

His Zune update check would take ages to report back on the phone status in comparison to my laptop so I doubled the time before disconnecting wlan (6 seconds or so) and hey presto it worked.

Loving the small tiles and crimson red!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Honestly didn't even know this was out already. Just plugged into the work lappie this morning and was greeted with updates available :). Second update currently installing. For once I didn't have to manually install it with the cab sender, which I had to do for every other update. Meteor here by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

We have work phones here. Mates phone updated but mine showing as no update available.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Still can't get mine to work! Trying on office computer now which is easier to disconnect from internet as LAN instead of WiFi. So let me get this right - turn off WiFi on phone (that's all I'm doing, not flight mode or anything), connect to Zune, go to settings - phone - update. Within max 1-2 seconds of clicking update I unplug the LAN cable. Every time I do it that way it might take a while but always tells me I'm up to date. :( Don't wanna go down the messy route of flashing, so maybe as easy to wait if VF are likely to release it soon anyway.

Turn off your data

Advertisement