Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Swim

Options
  • 10-12-2011 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Anybody know of Christmas Day swims in Cork this year??????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭rebelwoman

Theres usually one in Inchydoney every year. Havent heard anything different for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Traditional swim in Myrtleville near Crosshaven ive no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Its done all over the place but if your doing it I have one piece of advice.
    BRING POOL SHOES or some silmilar footwear.
    Living in clonakilty I did it in Inchadoney last year (ground was frozen). By the time i got from the carpark to the water my feet were numb and walking was very sore. The swim was easy. The water feeling warm to my feet. The walk back up however was a nasty experience. I really was very, very close to going up on my hands and Knees as my feet were in agony.
    Feet didnt get feeling for a while so I was still in the car heating up when a big organised group came. They had a soup station and all. Presume they do for charity so worth looking it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I've noticed them in Whitebay also (near Roches Point). I salute you swimmers - you brave, brave - lunatics! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

There will be a xmas day swim in garryvoe, i did it last year nearly killed me, not sure if i will this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

rebelwoman wrote: »
    Theres usually one in Inchydoney every year. Havent heard anything different for this year.

Yeah, the Inchydoney one is on Christmas Day at 11:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

There's one in Youghal every year, 12 midday.

I'd second the advice about bringing shoes, even flipflops would do. Also bringing a hot water bottle is great, you can wrap your clothes around it so they're warm when you get out (especially socks!) and it warms your hands up again afterwards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

SHIVERS.. crazy folk!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I brought two hot water bottles with warm but not boiled water, then you can give yourself a shower after.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Some more for those of you that are crazy http://www.c103.ie/news/diary.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

Anyone know what time the Myrtleville swim is tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭rebelwoman

Best of luck to all those of you who are brave (or daft) to do the swim. At least there shouldnt be any snow this year.Happy Christmas to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Ned_led16

gustafo wrote: »
    There will be a xmas day swim in garryvoe, i did it last year nearly killed me, not sure if i will this year.

Hi there - any idea on what time this swim is on at....
    Where is the biggest organised swim event?

Advertisement