Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish/Walled Gardens Celbridge

Options
  • 08-12-2011 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi. Does anyone know anything about the rubbish dumped in the alleyway in the Walled Gardens? Is there a litter warden? I'd clean it up,but I don't have room in my bin, and can't afford to be paying for the disposal of scangers waste. Although in my experince it's not teens doing this. I've seen mass going ould ones dumping there. Seriously.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

resident1 wrote: »
    Hi. Does anyone know anything about the rubbish dumped in the alleyway in the Walled Gardens? Is there a litter warden? I'd clean it up,but I don't have room in my bin, and can't afford to be paying for the disposal of scangers waste. Although in my experince it's not teens doing this. I've seen mass going ould ones dumping there. Seriously.
    It's still there??? :eek: I came home in the early hours of Sunday 27th November after getting off the nitelink, and I walked through that alley as I was staying in my mums, but there was nothing there, and as I walked through I went to the left but I could hear a load of commotion coming from the woods. When I looked I could see a few shapes and hear a few voices and also what looked like torches or it could have been the shine from phones, but because I was on my own, I didn't hang around, I put up speed and got into the house quick enough and next morning, very early, there was loads of rubbish in the arch! I'd get onto the council!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

ChewChew wrote: »
    It's still there??? :eek: I came home in the early hours of Sunday 27th November after getting off the nitelink, and I walked through that alley as I was staying in my mums, but there was nothing there, and as I walked through I went to the left but I could hear a load of commotion coming from the woods. When I looked I could see a few shapes and hear a few voices and also what looked like torches or it could have been the shine from phones, but because I was on my own, I didn't hang around, I put up speed and got into the house quick enough and next morning, very early, there was loads of rubbish in the arch! I'd get onto the council!
    It's just harmless teenagers walking home.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 resident1

Yeah it's still there. Isn't anyone else concerned???

airmax87 wrote: »
    It's just harmless teenagers walking home.
    To be fair, I've lived in The Walled Gardens long enough to take those kinds of comments with a pinch of salt really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

To be fair, I've lived in The Walled Gardens long enough to take those kinds of comments with a pinch of salt really.
    I'm living there since 93' so I know what I'm talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Yeah it's still there. Isn't anyone else concerned???

If everyone passes the buck then nothing will get done. The number for dumping reports to KCC is 1800243143

What do you mean by this Chew chew? Do you find it a problem?

airmax87 wrote: »
    I'm living there since 93' so I know what I'm talking about.
    And I'm living there since 1990; so I also know what I'm talking about.
    What do you mean by this Chew chew? Do you find it a problem?
    Unfortunately teenagers in the Walled Gardens (and I'm not saying teenagers from the walled Gardens) are a pain in the rear. Read back to previous threads on here about numerous residents who have have their wheelie bins stolen from the gardens and then set alight. Look at the alleyway where the rubbish is dumped at the graffiti. Listen out on a friday, Saturday, Sunday night at the crowds that go into the woods via the Walled gardens with their radio blaring and the bags of cans. Go into the woods and see the litter (iirc there is a litter fine sign?). Go into the woods and between the Walled Gardens and Hawthorn there is what we used call the temple.. it's destroyed. Look at the threads about the campaign to have the woods fenced off to stop the above.

I think it's fair to say all of the above is a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 algemma

Hi All

I am new to the post and to the walled garden too. It is a lovely area but it seems littering is a problem (cans and glasses but also bags and plastic). Is there any action group to clean up the area from the illegal litters? Would anyone be interested in starting a campaign? Can we reach out to the council for support?

Thanks
    Algemma

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Many estates have littering problems, some more than most. The best solution is to get a litter rota going by getting enough people interested. Try going through your Residents Association as they may do update leaflet drops to all houses and could include a request for those interested in doing regular cleanups. KCC's Environment section supply sponsored wheelie bins to estates which can be held by a nominated person and provides a means of disposing of collected rubbish. The sponsored bins are collected by AES as part of their domestic collection run. Someone in your estate may already have a sponsored bin. KCC will often provide litter pickers, bags and gloves on request.
    An Taisce's National Spring Clean runs for the month of April and provide support to groups - register here http://www.nationalspringclean.org/

• Advertisement

Hi Algemma,I saw the rubbish you're talking about. Some was dumped at the entrance to the forest, and there is one spot in the walled gardens where there is ALWAYS broken beer/vodka bottles on the path. Everyone blames the teenagers, but alot of the time it can be older selfish gits who should know better. My big worry is that there are two little kids that I see in and around the roads of the walled gardens who are out on their own unsupervised,one is not even 4 years old,and he has run out in front of me twice and just stood there, doesn't bear thinking about but I'm soo afraid he'll be hit by someone soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 algemma

Thank you for replies. I am searching the net to see if there is an offical resident association. Litter is a problem and kids can get hurt. Few weeks ago i collected two bags of bottles someone had dumped close to the arch. But a more structured approach is needed. i am available if residents want to meet and set some sort of rota and organisation for the common interest. I understand we might be busy but with a bit of effort we could achieve something.

Advertisement