Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European firearms pass

Options
  • 10-12-2011 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Hi lads. Can anyone tell me how long it should take to get a European firearms pass back after giving in your details?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Varies from instant to a couple of day to a week at most.

EFPs are kept in station, and once filled out with your details, your picture stuck on all it needs is the signature of the Super, and you're done. The Father got his done on the spot, and i left mine n for the FO, and had it back 2 days later by post.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Thanks for the quick response, Ezri. I have a month to get it sorted for a trip, so I think that should be enough time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Allow 5 working days. If you have not gotten it by then i would ring up. The process i outlined above is not a simplified version, it is the process. Thats all thats to it.

The only item you may be waiting on is the FO meeting the Super to get his signature.

Most Supers, i think, work office hours. As in Monday - Friday. Hence why i say leave 5 working days. So if you dropped it in today make calls by next Friday afternnon.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ProStalker

I see your location is wicklow/wexford.. If your using the Arklow station it can be a different story. They post it to Wicklow station for signing by the super and then post it back. Can add up to a week onto approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Scalachi

Re Wicklow/Arklow - I drooped my EFP directly in to Wicklow for some changes last Friday (instead of going to Arklow) and got it back in Mondays post.

Great service.

DB

• Advertisement

Thanks lads. It'll be Gorey station, not Arklow. So far the new FO there has been great so I hope it will be the same for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭tfox

Best bet is to drop it into your main station, I left mine into local barracks and when I chased it up with my main station they had no record of it :mad:

Local station couldnt find it so I went straight into super with 2 photos and got new one on the spot :D

Thanks. Was on to the FO today. She said to post it copies of the license, photos and a cover letter directly to the Super.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Hibrion wrote: »
    Thanks. Was on to the FO today. She said to post it copies of the license, photos and a cover letter directly to the Super.

Whereas I dont see any issue with it - do it and get the thing - the cover letter makes it sound like you are applying for it - when in fact it is a right of yours that they must uphold.

i.e. You cannot be denied a Europass for a firearm license you already hold.

But like I said.- do what they say, get it done and get thing.

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Bananaman wrote: »
    Whereas I dont see any issue with it - do it and get the thing - the cover letter makes it sound like you are applying for it - when in fact it is a right of yours that they must uphold.

i.e. You cannot be denied a Europass for a firearm license you already hold.

But like I said.- do what they say, get it done and get thing.

B'Man

Bananaman - that sounds uncommonly like a 'right or entitlement to'

From what I've seen of the shooting scene in the RoI there are precious few 'rights or entitlements' around. I therefore recommend that EVERY shooter, of whatever pursuasion, applies for one and keeps it valid.

You just never know when you might need it.

tac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

If you hold an ROI Firearm Certificate (which you have no right to)
    then you are "entitled to" and "have a right to"
    a European Firearms Pass for that Firearm.

I know it is splitting hairs as you must hold an ROI license first - but there is a distinction

You may not be refused a EFP for a Firearm for which you already hold an FAC.

B'Man

Advertisement