Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do I need an eol resistor with my pir's?

• 10-12-2011 3:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi, I am wiring up the alarm system in my house. I have 4 pir's and I am putting them on their own zones. I have 6 core cable for each one. Is there any advantage/need to use an eol? It's a hkc system.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

No, no need for resistors. You have six cores, two for power, two for tamper and two for alarm. If you only had a four core cable then you would need the resistors to make the tamper work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭JohnnyTodd

My alarm only has 2 cores running through house. Each sensor has a unique address on a profibus network. I need eol on both ends. Network speed is 12mps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭froshtyv

Thanks for the reply. Is this the same for door magnets? At the moment I have them wired with just the alarm as there is no tamper connections so im not using 4 of the wires.

Tampers are not required for the alarm to work. You could just wire a pair into the 'alarm' terminals on the panel and straight into the contact.

Thanks for the reply.
    The alarm is in and working fine.
    The only thing i dont like with it is when im arming the system and say the front door isnt closed, after the exit time has elapsed the alarm indicator comes up on the keypad but the siren doesnt go off.
    The door is on the Entry exit type.

Does sound right?
    I thought the system just wouldnt arm if the door was left open?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭JohnnyTodd

froshtyv wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.
    The alarm is in and working fine.
    The only thing i dont like with it is when im arming the system and say the front door isnt closed, after the exit time has elapsed the alarm indicator comes up on the keypad but the siren doesnt go off.
    The door is on the Entry exit type.

Does sound right?
    I thought the system just wouldnt arm if the door was left open?

Have you a contact on the door? If not then you can ignore this. If you do, check to see its wired correctly

JohnnyTodd wrote: »
    Have you a contact on the door? If not then you can ignore this. If you do, check to see its wired correctly

Yes the door has a contact. It's on its own zone and I have that set to an entry exit zone. The contact is wierd fine I think. When I open the door when the system is armed i have 10 seconds untill the siren goes off. I just thought it was strange that when I go to arm it while leaving the house if the door isnt closed the siren doesn't go off and the system comes up as alarm on the keypad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭altor

The would be classed as an entry/exit fault. That is why the bell did not activate.

altor wrote: »
    The would be classed as an entry/exit fault. That is why the bell did not activate.

Thanks for the reply,

I just wasnt too sure on what it was. Its hardly likely that when set the alarm that i wont close the front door.

Once i know that the alarm does sound when the time for keying in the alarm code passes thats all the matters really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks for the reply,

I just wasnt too sure on what it was. Its hardly likely that when set the alarm that i wont close the front door.

Once i know that the alarm does sound when the time for keying in the alarm code passes thats all the matters really.

It is to cut down on the bell ringing for false alarms.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply,

The inside siren should activate and not the outside. Is your internal bell working?

Advertisement