Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo trip

Options
  • 10-12-2011 3:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Hi,
    looking for a bit of advice,our football club are going to Sligo in Janurary for a weekend.There will be around 25 lads aged between 20 to 36.Can anyone recommend a place to get breakfast on saturday and Sunday morning,hotel was booked without this option thought it was handier considering some lads wont want to get up early.
    Could anyone tell me a few good pubs to go to during the day ,looking for one thats close to a bookies and will have football/racing on.
    What are the main pubs/clubs to go out to at night?

EDIT:I was in Sligo about 5 years ago and ended up drinking in a pub called Connolly's beside Ulster bank(I think).It was a bit ramshackle but had a great pint and was good craic.Is it still open and is it worth going to now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Hi,
    looking for a bit of advice,our football club are going to Sligo in Janurary for a weekend.There will be around 25 lads aged between 20 to 36.Can anyone recommend a place to get breakfast on saturday and Sunday morning,hotel was booked without this option thought it was handier considering some lads wont want to get up early.
    Could anyone tell me a few good pubs to go to during the day ,looking for one thats close to a bookies and will have football/racing on.
    What are the main pubs/clubs to go out to at night?

EDIT:I was in Sligo about 5 years ago and ended up drinking in a pub called Connolly's beside Ulster bank(I think).It was a bit ramshackle but had a great pint and was good craic.Is it still open and is it worth going to now?

Fiddlers creek pub is right next store to Boylesports along rockwood parade then if you turn right and go up the alleyway paddy power and ladbrokes are at the top.If you fancy going back to connolly's there is another ladbrokes across the road.At night time the Garavouge(right across the river from fiddlers)shenanigans,and Mc hughs are all late disco bars as is fiddlers but i cant see the door staff there letting in a big group of fellas after 9.Nightclubs you have Pure,Toffs,the clarence,and the velvet rooms.My recommendation would be Velvet. Toffs and Pure are a younger crowd while the Clarence is hardcore dance music.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

Fiddlers creek pub is right next store to Boylesports along rockwood parade then if you turn right and go up the alleyway paddy power and ladbrokes are at the top.If you fancy going back to connolly's there is another ladbrokes across the road.At night time the Garavouge(right across the river from fiddlers)shenanigans,and Mc hughs are all late disco bars as is fiddlers but i cant see the door staff there letting in a big group of fellas after 9.Nightclubs you have Pure,Toffs,the clarence,and the velvet rooms.My recommendation would be Velvet. Toffs and Pure are a younger crowd while the Clarence is hardcore dance music.

Cheers for the info.If anyone has anymore to add that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

Davis's Restaurant@Yeats Tavern serve Breakfast Mon-Sat from 9.30. Its 5-10min drive from town though but they have a big carpark and its the ideal location for groups. Its a big restaurant and they are well used to groups, food and service is perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Connolly's is still a bit 'ramshackle' but the toilets have been modernised.

Advertisement