Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win $1.6 million dollers by playing Battlefied 3 - Wanna try it?

Options
  • 10-12-2011 3:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭

This isnt news to anyone who has heard about it already, but for those who havent ... basically 'Virgin Gaming' (Virgin of Richard Branson fame) will be running a tournament in which the winners will get 1.6 million US dollers. Seems you have to qualify online in games in order to be flown out to play live at the actual tournament (I could be wrong but thats the info I got) ... but heres the website: http://virgingaming.com/tournaments/worldwide-conquest/

But anyways, is anyone here going to give it a bash? ... I know the odds are stacked against you as so many applying for it. But who dares wins right? ... I gather you need a squad of 4 .... who wants to join lighterguy :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Console only?! Meh...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Why in God's name would they only aim it at console gamers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Decryptor wrote: »

Moar money in it.

I'd be up for it if there's a squad or two going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Decryptor wrote: »

Because there was almost 6-7 times copies of the game bought on console than the PC. I'd be shocked if it was on pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Because there was almost 6-7 times copies of the game bought on console than the PC. I'd be shocked if it was on pc.
    I didn't think the multiple was quite as big to be honest...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

It was, was surprised by it myself. supposed they got sick of hearing us talk about how awesome BF2 was. Reckon it'll even increase over the christmas.

In the first week
    Xbox 360: 2.2 million
    PlayStation 3: 1.5 million
    PC: 500,000

Advertisement