Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

demotion

Options
  • 10-12-2011 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

having discovered i have been demoted with out any discusions i have decided that this is bad form from all other command positions and am leaving the clan on these grounds after all i was put there for reasons.. and yes i dont be on as much but this is due to work commitments and not a reason to be demoted without notifaction or discusion,and is not a way to run a clan.

mercenaryireland

if this had been discussed with me then that would have been fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

i presume paddy was just switching things around temporary to make room for tiicd coming over monday. they are coming on a weeks trial.
    no need to be rash merc and you are a valuable member of the clan.
    im sure you will get your position back when everything is sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mercenary2

it was not discused as it should of been and i have been on when paddy and other command has been so this is why i left it was bad command not to discuss or let me know

of course he , or whoever did it should have let you know, but it wasnt done maliciously and to be fair the command does a good ( thankless) job most of the time. after all they just want to drive tanks like the rest of us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Bus77II

It's not nice to be demoted without warning. But it's also an empty title because anyone of us can step-up to the command plate if we want. You should have a quick word with whoever, and even if they hate your guts and want your house you should come back to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

big apologies Merc , im a noob when it comes to this stuff, i was trying to set up 2 different DC positions without screwing the current set up , (didnt do it intentionally)

I didnt even realise i hadnt reset all these positions , we had agreed for 2 of us and 2 of them to be joint commanders (Dan & Fionn,Bruffio & Huntseker)

As such we are all being demoted (me included once this was sorted)

• Advertisement

the issue itself isnt the demotion i would of had no problem being demoted as work commitments i dont have the time but its the fact that all this is done with out any form of discusion in the clan and before all clan members well the active ones anyways were pulled into this forum so we could all see whats going on ,as we all know this has happened before and lead to probs.in the clan with a few going to leave.no names being mentioned

stop being so dramatic , im doing my best for all so it aint easy..criticism is easy, come back u git :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Paddy - there can only be 1 commander, and that position must remain with a B-IE commander - meaning you cannot be demoted :P

Ive done my bit with negotiation , I will pass it back to Dan & let him take it from here , my causing on of our oldest members to leave is not what I intended.

Anyway we can hopefully push on from here with a more competitive team

i dont wish you to quit over me i think i did over react a bit as i was tired but just would of been nice if it was mentioned to me as i would of had no prob dropping down

• Advertisement

so get back in you git :) seriously though rejoin

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

mercenary2 wrote: »
    i dont wish you to quit over me i think i did over react a bit as i was tired but just would of been nice if it was mentioned to me as i would of had no prob dropping down

I don't have an issue dropping down either but I've received about 5 PMs for people asking me to accept their clan invite but I can't do so any longer.

Can someone in charge please let everyone know who is able and no longer able to accept these invites? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I've been accepting the invites today as I seen them pop up in our clan inbox as they should all be relating to the merge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I leave for a month and the whole place goes to pot :P

Advertisement