Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF4/UMVC Casuals at TYH

Options
  • 10-12-2011 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Just wondering what SF guys are gonna be at the XGC today for some hype casuals.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

i was planning to come over since im a fan of MK and just hang out (just to check out the tournament, not play). if there r Marvel casuals id be up for some

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Poor form lads.

Don't be undermining a tournament by arranging casuals for the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Tournament is at the XGC which has plenty of consoles, secondly the casuals would be for people who don't play MK or BB such as myself and a few others.

I highly doubt were going be poaching people away from hype Tourney action to the sad little corner with some SF4 games.

That said, doesnt look like thers much interest so it probably wont happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Poor form lads.

Don't be undermining a tournament by arranging casuals for the same day.

Im going to watch the MK tourney and play MvC if there's casuals like 2Gen.

Seeing as its at the same venue and i'm going to spectate I don't see how I'm undermining it?

I might even enter MK if I have time and $$$

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I'll be in about 2 or 3. Wanted to go in for TYH but my bed had other decisions

• Advertisement

The Hound wrote: »
    I'll be in about 2 or 3. Wanted to go in for TYH but my bed had other decisions

I'll be in a bit before 3 hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

bad form guys,ill see ya at next inferno for some mk casuals so

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

dont we have a rule for no casuals on days of tournaments???

i remember nutrient getting mod trouble over trying to hold mvc/bb casuals the day inferno was on

dont we have a rule for no casuals on days of tournaments???

i remember nutrient getting mod trouble over trying to hold mvc/bb casuals the day inferno was on

apparently that only applies to everything the isnt mk, i must of missed the memo on that

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Just want to say nutrient got a lot of trouble for the casual thread during the inferno. Even though it was in a different building. after getting in trouble about it casual was not held, but this was went ahead. Not going to lie seems like sf4 are being quite hypocrital.

Just cause sf4 is/was the main game and most people play it, doesn't mean you can undermine the other games.

I just thought this was bad form. So when inferno is now on in exchange, can I hold BB,kof casual on the same day, cause seems like sf4 ppl can do it to the other games???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Thought I'd throw my two cents in here. This seemed like really bad form on behalf of the guys there, I don't want to just single out SF here, since MVC was also being played, but the SF guys were the ones to kickup ruckus about Nutrient posting a casuals thread for casuals in another building on the same day. I mean really, if your going to give out to someone for that, why go a step further, and go organize casuals a few screens down?

Seems rather petty, all this is going to do is further divide the fighting game community and cause barriers. I don't play MK myself either, so it's not like I'm going to be biased and take sides here. If we all enjoy fighting games, why be dicks and try point flaws in the others enjoyments? We're not kids, leave that **** in playgrounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Whats the difference in people playing cod while the tourney is going and people playing sf4? The xgc is open to anyone to play games infairness, I doubt they were pulling anyone away from mk.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

bush wrote: »
    Whats the difference in people playing cod while the tourney is going and people playing sf4? The xgc is open to anyone to play games infairness, I doubt they were pulling anyone away from mk.

It's the principle, I remember nutrient's thread the word "respect" was thrown around a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

also you guys actually went through with this? wow...

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    also you guys actually went through with this? wow...

yep one screen down, two when we shut off one our setups, so classy

Linoud wrote: »
    Thought I'd throw my two cents in here. This seemed like really bad form on behalf of the guys there, I don't want to just single out SF here, since MVC was also being played, but the SF guys were the ones to kickup ruckus about Nutrient posting a casuals thread for casuals in another building on the same day. I mean really, if your going to give out to someone for that, why go a step further, and go organize casuals a few screens down?

Seems rather petty, all this is going to do is further divide the fighting game community and cause barriers. I don't play MK myself either, so it's not like I'm going to be biased and take sides here. If we all enjoy fighting games, why be dicks and try point flaws in the others enjoyments? We're not kids, leave that **** in playgrounds.

Get the fk out with that essay, I'll organise any fkn casuals i want in the XGC aslong as there isnt an exchange tourney happening. Did anyone who was going to TYH not play because of casuals...... No.

If you or any of the rest of ye don't like it then too bad cause FK WHAT U THINK!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If we all enjoy fighting games, why be dicks and try point flaws in the others enjoyments? We're not kids, leave that **** in playgrounds.

Ok, I have my reservations about the casuals as we've always had an unwritten rule that you don't do that, but I have to ask: How was playing a game pointing out flaws in other people's enjoyment? That's a pretty huge (and potentially inflammatory) cjump to make. Am I missing something about what happened?

Furthermore, can we keep the emotion to a dull roar, I'd hate to have to ban someone for insulting another here, it's not how I like the place to roll.

I had a conversation with someone who was heading in to play and they said the main reason was they wanted to see the MK finals.

FK WHAT U THINK!!

Not helping.

Furthermore, can we keep the emotion to a dull roar, I'd hate to have to ban someone for insulting another here, it's not how I like the place to roll.

i think u should read the post above your doom

this from your no1 street fighter player, and u wonder why people say the sf scene only supports the sf scene,
    ill just bookmart this thread for when i want to make mk/bb/kof casuals while sf tourny are on, no bother

i think u should read the post above your doom

this from your no1 street fighter player, and u wonder why people say the sf scene only supports the sf scene,
    ill just bookmart this thread for when i want to make mk/bb/kof casuals while sf tourny are on, no bother

So would you like me to judge every single MK player on the actions of one? I'm sure I can find one who's acted reprehinsibly at some point.

You will note I just addressed him. Furthermore, you will note I was aksing about what happened today, not the words he just said.

Can we all please calm down now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Ok, I have my reservations about the casuals as we've always had an unwritten rule that you don't do that, but I have to ask: How was playing a game pointing out flaws in other people's enjoyment? That's a pretty huge (and potentially inflammatory) cjump to make. Am I missing something about what happened?

I had a conversation with someone who was heading in to play and they said the main reason was they wanted to see the MK finals.

I really did misword that badly and I apologize. It doesn't point out a flaw in other games, what I meant to say was, it just shows a lack of respect for the other game that it seems they went out of their way to have casuals on the same day in the same place. It wasn't as much pointing out flaws in the other games being played, more just the lack of respect shown for the other community games through actions today.

So would you like me to judge every single MK player on the actions of one? I'm sure I can find one who's acted reprehinsibly at some point.

You will note I just addressed him. Furthermore, you will note I was aksing about what happened today, not the words he just said.

Ofc not, its not just one person that represent the community. Its just that if this matter wasn't said to Arc during the inferno, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I really did misword that badly and I apologize. It doesn't point out a flaw in other games, what I meant to say was, it just shows a lack of respect for the other game that it seems they went out of their way to have casuals on the same day in the same place. It wasn't as much pointing out flaws in the other games being played, more just the lack of respect shown for the other community games through actions today.

Okay, now I hope you can see my point where over the top emotive responses always hurt, your point is reasonable enough but coming across like that doesn't help.

Same goes for Stevo and 1Man. Ridiculously inflammatory comments like those made in this thread so like telling people to **** off for their opinions or getting in a rage with an entire scene over the act of a few individuals isn't of great help.

Now, why don't we all sleep on it before I actually have to start banning people for being dicks to each other (it's in the charter, for reals).

not sayin that,
    when this happened with inferno when was in a different building people went ape**** and it was cancelled straight away yet with a mk tourny...sure **** it ,its only mk whatthe prob?

yet on the 1st mk heading tourny ireland has seen its ok for sf/mvc casuals one screen down?? as i said if this is the cause,no bother ill have no prob making casuals threads on tourny days but i dont think its fair different "unwritten rules" should apply depending on what game the tourny is

Listen i wanted to play some SF, i assumed since the tourney was being held at the XGC it wouldn't be an issue.

What occurred was some people who normally wouldnt have shown up at all came to the venue and at least watched some of TYH, then they payed there money and went and played a game they wanted to play.

If some can explain to me how any of this undermined TYH in anyway i'd love to read it.

TBH i think alot of the people in this community invent stuff to get butthurt over.

chueytoo wrote: »
    Ofc not, its not just one person that represent the community. Its just that if this matter wasn't said to Arc during the inferno, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I understand that: The counter argument is basically that they thought yous wouldn't mind as they were bringing people to the venue. It's not really my job to decide who's right. My job is to keep the discussion going.

You say of course not: 1 man 3 letters just said something which would make any innocent SF player pissed off with him. I'm trying to get people to think sensibly.

Listen i wanted to play some SF, i assumed since the tourney was being held at the XGC it wouldn't be an issue.

What occurred was some people who normally wouldnt have shown up at all came to the venue and at least watched some of TYH, then they payed there money and went and played a game they wanted to play.

If some can explain to me how any of this undermined TYH in anyway i'd love to read it.

TBH i think alot of the people in this community invent stuff to get butthurt over.

Thats fine, so when inferno is being held, I can still have my BB and kof casual from now on then??? is that ok?

Would it have been better if i organised casuals in my house, really think about your answer before you respond.

Today i saw first hand KOF being played, i thought it looked cool, i want to play it now. If i hadnt of come that wouldnt be the case.

chueytoo wrote: »
    Thats fine, so when inferno is being held, I can still have my BB and kof casual from now on then??? is that ok?

Joe as i said in XGC i dont care what you do, i didnt give a monkeys about nutrients casuals.

• Advertisement

not sayin that,
    when this happened with inferno when was in a different building people went ape**** and it was cancelled straight away yet with a mk tourny...sure **** it ,its only mk whatthe prob?

yet on the 1st mk heading tourny ireland has seen its ok for sf/mvc casuals one screen down?? as i said if this is the cause,no bother ill have no prob making casuals threads on tourny days but i dont think its fair different "unwritten rules" should apply depending on what game the tourny is

You really need to calm down. The first person calling the lads out on this thread is a SF player: this is not a tribalistic SF vs MK thing, and making it into that is only going to hurt both games.

Tell me, if some random people came in and started playing SF there, would you still be as upset?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement