Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF4/UMVC Casuals at TYH

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

chueytoo wrote: »
    Thats fine, so when inferno is being held, I can still have my BB and kof casual from now on then??? is that ok?

This is misrepresenting the situation with Nutrient: He clearly asked for people to play AE casuals, not BB and KoF, in that thread. It's the main reason people lost the rag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

1 man 3 letters just said something which would make any innocent SF player pissed off with him. I'm trying to get people to think sensibly.

no going to even bother responding to what i quote as i do like using boards so just going to end that there

all im sayin is,just like cheuy said, if its ok and not a problem to have casuals on a tourny day,will the sf players not mind if there is bb/kof/mk on the same day as inferno etc

(please note i am NOT asking the question in smartass/smirky way,im askin it straight out and 100% honestly so i know what the story is round here and ill have something game wise to do come sf/marvel tournies)

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

This is misrepresenting the situation with Nutrient: He clearly asked for people to play AE casuals, not BB and KoF, in that thread. It's the main reason people lost the rag.

he then said sorry for putting sf4 on it, cause it was a copy and paste, but due to that casual was shut down. But i know what you mean. But like 1man3letters said

is it ok to have casual now on a tourney day? casue it seems like its ok for some ppl to have casual.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

There's not much I can say here that hasn't already been expressed (Clearly).
    Yes, I was a bit miffed at the whole prospect of being a bit undermined by casuals at the same venue as a tournament however...

It's not set in stone that casuals are forbidden at a tournament, especially at the XGC, where anyone can show up. Plus, a few people showed up expecting these casuals, and ended up watching games anyway.
    There's no point singleing out an entire community because of the actions of a single person, though my respect for one or two people was lost today.
    By the way Doyler, I still owe you three euro. Shall give it to you next casuals.

no going to even bother responding to what i quote as i do like using boards so just going to end that there

all im sayin is,just like cheuy said, if its ok and not a problem to have casuals on a tourny day,will the sf players not mind if there is bb/kof/mk on the same day as inferno etc

(please note i am NOT asking the question in smartass/smirky way,im askin it straight out and 100% honestly so i know what the story is round here and ill have something game wise to do come sf/marvel tournies)

And again you're failing to see my point:

SF players cannot speak as one voice. You can never get a 100% answer to this question: You're thinking tribally about individuals. Some SF players were disagreeing with this whole thing in the first place!

I am 99% sure that Stevo thought he was helping out by bringing extra bodies to the tournament venue, because that's what his intentions were by running Marvel at Inferno the other week. I am also sure the mans not a dick, but I am similarly sure when confronted he's going to batton down and get pissed off himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    There's not much I can say here that hasn't already been expressed (Clearly).
    Yes, I was a bit miffed at the whole prospect of being a bit undermined by casuals at the same venue as a tournament however...

It's not set in stone that casuals are forbidden at a tournament, especially at the XGC, where anyone can show up. Plus, a few people showed up expecting these casuals, and ended up watching games anyway.
    There's no point singleing out an entire community because of the actions of a single person, though my respect for one or two people was lost today.
    By the way Doyler, I still owe you three euro. Shall give it to you next casuals.

If i lost your respect for getting more people to show and at least watch your games at your tournament then tbh i don't want it.

You lads are missing the point so hard its surreal.

Again i'll ask, would it have been better if i organised SF casuals at my house (i wouldnt have done that btw).

You lads

Who's missing the point?

And again you're failing to see my point:

SF players cannot speak as one voice. You can never get a 100% answer to this question: You're thinking tribally about individuals. Some SF players were disagreeing with this whole thing in the first place!

I am 99% sure that Stevo thought he was helping out by bringing extra bodies to the tournament venue, because that's what his intentions were by running Marvel at Inferno the other week. I am also sure the mans not a dick, but I am similarly sure when confronted he's going to batton down and get pissed off himself.

i do get your point and to be honest im not intrested in the details,if stevo made a mistake fair enough,everyone makes mistakes but that fact the it went ahead after people expressing maybe it wasnt a good idea even after "the inferno inccident" on which casuals did not go ahead is what im trying to stress, not sf vs mk, not mk vs marvel,not anything, im talking about the community as a whole

chueytoo wrote: »

is it ok to have casual now on a tourney day? casue it seems like its ok for some ppl to have casual.

Again Joe, I think you need to think a little clearer.

Who actually stopped Nutrient having casuals? HE did, he asked for the thread to be closed and I did before it became more of a trainwreck than it was.

The same opposition was in this thread (third post) as was in Nutrients.

No one can stop you running casuals on a tournament day if you like, but this all seems like point scoring to me. There's plenty of us- you included- who break their backs to help out tournaments they're not even playing in. You've brought me gear before and left. I notice that stuff, and I probably don't say thank you enough to the people who do. I can understand how frustrating it feels when you feel undermined (and I have at times too, and bitched, and got it out of my system).

Stevo's never going to say he made a mistake because he clearly doesn't think he did. You've got a different opinion. But do we really think the best solution is to splinter off into little groups when tournaments are being played? Really?

I gotta sleep now. I'd appreciate this thread not being on fire when I wake up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

• Advertisement

I would never intentionally do anything to undermine any tourny being held in this community.

While i truly believe i did nothing wrong and honestly am amazed at this whole clusterfark, people are entitled to their opinions however strongly i may disagree.

I don't really know what to take away from this TBH, the whole thing seems like an invented controversy to me.

Would it have been better if i organised casuals in my house, really think about your answer before you respond.

Today i saw first hand KOF being played, i thought it looked cool, i want to play it now. If i hadnt of come that wouldnt be the case.

probly yes as it would of saved all this ****e

kof is played at every casuals since release so i doubt was was your reason to come,same with you wanted to bring people to see mk,all there has seen mk at casuals/doc so dont really buy that either,
    sure you dont care if i do which i can respect and your much longer in this community than i and i really dont want to make eneimes with anyone,mk,marvel,clayfighters,anyone, im just expressing my opinion u made the wrong choice today,thats all

so telling everyone to go fck off i do what i want etc, really makes u come of..well not well

also too all im sorry for the sf only supports sf comment,doom was right i shouldnt label a community because one person ****s up,aplogies

we all love fgs just member that,we all have same goal

I would never intentionally do anything to undermine any tourny being held in this community.

While i truly believe i did nothing wrong and honestly am amazed at this whole clusterfark, people are entitled to their opinions however strongly i may disagree.

I don't really know what to take away from this TBH, the whole thing seems like an invented controversy to me.

Fair enough Stev0.
    If you truly believe that, your word is good enough for me.

However, it does leave one very vital question.
    Are casuals okay at a tournament if the intended casuals are not for the game being played at the tournament?
    I am not insinuating anything, nor am I trying to undermine anyone.
    Honest question,

probly yes as it would of saved all this ****e

kof is played at every casuals since release so i doubt was was your reason to come,same with you wanted to bring people to see mk,all there has seen mk at casuals/doc so dont really buy that either,
    sure you dont care if i do which i can respect and your much longer in this community than i and i really dont want to make eneimes with anyone,mk,marvel,clayfighters,anyone, im just expressing my opinion u made the wrong choice today,thats all

so telling everyone to go fck off i do what i want etc, really makes u come of..well not well

also too all im sorry for the sf only supports sf comment,doom was right i shouldnt label a community because one person ****s up,aplogies

we all love fgs just member that,we all have same goal

I never said my purpose was to see KOF or get people to watch MK, my sole purpose in posting the thread was to have some games with mates on a Saturday. (and tbh the causals wasnt my idea, it was happening whether i posted that thread or not).

I wanted to play Sf, i presumed there wouldn't be an issue since the tourney was in the XGC anyone who came to casuals would be de-facto at the tourney with the option to enter if they wanted.

What u think about what i choose to do with my free time means less than nothing to me. The XGC is open to everyone at any time.

I'm in college 30hrs a week, i wanted to spend my Saturday off playing my favourite game.

Kuro, i like you and i don't want there to be bad blood between us. I truly didn't want to start a drama or do anything to make your tourney less than you wanted it to be and if i did i apologise.

I never said my purpose was to see KOF or get people to watch MK, my sole purpose in posting the thread was to have some games with mates on a Saturday. (and tbh the causals wasnt my idea, it was happening whether i posted that thread or not).

think ya should read your posts again,especialy the one a few up

i dont recall telling u what to do with you time, and just as u dont care about my opinion of anything i couldnt give care less if you were working two jobs with 50 hour week to support 2 kids,dont see that has any reilvance to anything

i seriously dont know what u problem is? all this could of been sorted with just a "sorry guys,my bad" rather than thinkin we all paranoid and just making stuff up

think ya should read your posts again,especialy the one a few up

i dont recall telling u what to do with you time, and just as u dont care about my opinion of anything i couldnt give care less if you were working two jobs with 50 hour week to support 2 kids,dont see that has any reilvance to anything

i seriously dont know what u problem is? all this could of been sorted with just a "sorry guys,my bad" rather than thinkin we all paranoid and just making stuff up
    Listen i wanted to play some SF, i assumed since the tourney was being held at the XGC it wouldn't be an issue.

What occurred was some people who normally wouldnt have shown up at all came to the venue and at least watched some of TYH, then they payed there money and went and played a game they wanted to play.

My second post, im done with this now.

Ugh, listen i'm not a bad guy but i'm not a pussy either, I'm not going apologise because you think i should. Personally i don't think i did anything wrong. If you would have preferred that nobody but you guys came to the XGC today then thats cool, i disagree with that attitude completely. Were going have to leave it there cause this is going nowhere.

PS: If u guys had a problem i really would have appreciated being told to my face and not with this nonsense on a message board. This is the kinda behaviour 14 girls on facebook carry on with.

My second post, im done with this now. You can go on feeling persecuted if you want.

dude seriously all i said was if u could just consider maybe you made a mistake and u cant even man up and admit it,get over yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Without delving into this argument, here's an observation from someone who's been at the majority of events (especially ones early on in the community's history) since SF4 was released:

Having casuals for whatever game at tournaments held in the XGC has not been a problem before, and as far as I know was considered fine at any event. The place for a long time was the only place for the scene to meet up and play, and nobody minded if people would show up to meet and play other games while events were on since there was no chance we were gonna run out of consoles, no matter what the game was (Smash, Tekken, anything else that wasn't really played by the main group holding the tournament).

Having SF4 casuals at the first Wheel of Hype wasn't a problem at the time (as far as I know), people showed up, paid their casuals money, and played SF4 on the xboxes while Wheel of Hype was run on PS3s. A bunch of the SF players who showed up for casuals entered the BB tournament (at least the first time around speaking for myself), trying to support the new game and tournament at the time.

I don't think anyone involved in running Inferno while it was in the XGC had/would have had any problem with people meeting there and renting machines to play their game of choice while it was on. All the organisers of the tournament are level-headed individuals and realise there's more than enough consoles to go around.

That said, I wasn't at XGC for TYH today and I don't know exactly what happened. I hope the tournament was able to run okay, as I'm extremely hopeful to see scenes for as many games as possible grow in Ireland.

The observations in this post are just about past events I've been to and I hope they highlight the attitude I thought was prevelant in the community - the attitudes I've read in this thread would suggest an altogether more cynical point of view and I hope the majority of our players don't think like that.

dude seriously all i said was if u could just consider maybe you made a mistake and u cant even man up and admit it,get over yourself

I apologised to Kuro if the casuals at all interfered wit the tourney, as it happens i left before anyone came so i don't even know what went down.

What i wont do is apologise for posting a thread, ffs i didnt even intitiate the casuals, i was asked by a couple of people in IRC if i was going in for SF casuals, all i did was post thread so i could figure out who was showing up.

I apologised to Kuro if the casuals at all interfered wit the tourney, as it happens i left before anyone came so i don't even know what went down.

What i wont do is apologise for posting a thread, ffs i didnt even intitiate the casuals, i was asked by a couple of people in IRC if i was going in for SF casuals, all i did was post thread so i could figure out who was showing up.

man if you just posted that extact post instead of cursing abusing etc the discussion on thread might of gone a bit smoother

that you explained yourself that way i thinks makes things alot more clear
    like i have no problem with u and im sorry if i gave the impression
    like u want the game u love to prosper and grow so do i

like i get u may of feel attacked or what not and i admit i may have got bit more heated than needed but as i said i love mk so sometimes i feel the need to express myself as such while i felt mk scene bein attacked,ya understand?

• Advertisement

man if you just posted that extact post instead of cursing abusing etc the discussion on thread might of gone a bit smoother

that you explained yourself that way i thinks makes things alot more clear
    like i have no problem with u and im sorry if i gave the impression
    like u want the game u love to prosper and grow so do i

like i get u may of feel attacked or what not and i admit i may have got bit more heated than needed but as i said i love mk so sometimes i feel the need to express myself as such while i felt mk scene bein attacked,ya understand?

Ya, listen my house is a not peaceful environment atm and I'm somewhat stressed out, my initial posts were less than friendly admittedly and that was a mistake.

I hope this is finished now because i agree with everyone that dividing the communities is not the way forward here.

Ya, listen my house is a not peaceful environment atm and I'm somewhat stressed out, my initial posts were less than friendly admittedly and that was a mistake.

I hope this is finished now because i agree with everyone that dividing the communities is not the way forward here.

i sure we can all relate to that at times,sorry again myself for gettin so heated

agreed,finished

aplogies to all the community for fanning the flames on this and making me more than it needed to be

Right, this seems to have come to an amicable conclusion naturally. Thanks lads.

It's not the first time I've seen a blow up like this on a forum I've modded and it won't be te last, these things happen from time to time.

Its fine for people to disagree and we all do with people we get on with all the time. but if you could take anything away from this for me I'd please ask you to remember how easy it is to be much nastier on a forum than you ever would be face to face. Sometimes you got to stop yourself.

I'm going to clse this thread now and let the topic rest, we can re address it later if people want to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement