Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

I got a message from a girl, when I reviewed her profile the pictures were dated from 2005 :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

I got a message from a girl, when I reviewed her profile the pictures were dated from 2005 :confused:

Ask her if she has any recent pictures. I don't think there's an 'unawkward' way around it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

If thats a timestamp from a camera, sometimes their dates reset when changing batteries, or left off for extended periods of time.

I never bothered changing it on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Ah sure, what's 7 years between friends?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

how do you check that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

booboo88 wrote: »
    how do you check that?

A lot of pics have the date on 'em, I'm guessing that's how :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I haven't logged onto the sites for over a week - think Im getting withdrawal symptoms! :eek:

But maybe I will save my manhunting for sat night! :D:P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Dovies wrote: »
    I haven't logged onto the sites for over a week - think Im getting withdrawal symptoms! :eek:

But maybe I will save my manhunting for sat night! :D:P:P

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Let them stew for a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

ecoli wrote: »
    Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Let them stew for a few days

lol bet I still have no messages! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

never had any luck with it, but this always happenend - would be messaging with someone, talking about meeting up, almost having a date set, then suddenly never hear from them again. Must have happened 4 or 5 times. After that I gave up on it. Was pretty disappointing as they all looked and sounded great.

• Advertisement

Going on a date tomorrow. I was just thinking that the guy I am going to meet is not someone I would have imagined myself going on a date with when he first messaged me but because he made an effort, was polite and consistent, here we are. I am excited about it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Third date last night. It was for some reason more awkward than the previous two. I dunno why, maybe cause the day that was in it! It was also just a cinema date, so we didn't really have the opportunity to chat much obviously! Date 4 is planned next week, hopefully it will go better and we have more time to chat this time. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭duke916

can i ask a question...

has anyone heard of people online hooking up on a dating site with someone from abroad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

duke916 wrote: »
    can i ask a question...

has anyone heard of people online hooking up on a dating site with someone from abroad?

Its quite possible alright. I wouldn't rule it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

KTRIC wrote: »

Are you and mystery girl back messaging yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭duke916

KTRIC wrote: »

been chatting to a girl from the states who messaged me on pof a good while back. as the emails became more regular we skype each other most days now and she wants to come over for few weeks. is this kinda thing common? should i be lookin out for anything? ...or just go with it and see what happens? its exciting but on the otherhand im thinkin with the distance involved, is there nobody over there that suits her more than someone like me who is a couple of thousand miles away?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

8 long dates with a girl i met on pof, she stayed over at mine a couple times, getting on well (I thought) now i'm getting the cold shoulder and being completely ignored and I don't know why.

Not even a text to say something.

dammit.

oh well. stings a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Just popped by to say bye for now - looks like bringing women on dates to see dead bodies really does work :P

Best of luck with the dating all, ill be popping back in to check on ye :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

c - 13 wrote: »
    Just popped by to say bye for now - looks like bringing women on dates to see dead bodies really does work :P

Best of luck with the dating all, ill be popping back in to check on ye :pac:

*makes note.

*makes note.

:D Me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

I'm off to the RL answer to POF tonight...

Coppers! I hate myself for going but it's for a birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

I'm off to the RL answer to POF tonight...

Coppers! I hate myself for going but it's for a birthday.

Ah just take it for what it is and have fun! Maybe bring some mace if you have some :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

deaddonkey wrote: »
    8 long dates with a girl i met on pof, she stayed over at mine a couple times, getting on well (I thought) now i'm getting the cold shoulder and being completely ignored and I don't know why.

dammit.

oh well. stings a bit.

Wowzers,that is bad.After one or two dates you could say fair enough and leave it at that but after 8 thats very bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Ammsy500 wrote: »
    Ah just take it for what it is and have fun! Maybe bring some mace if you have some :p

I think a mace would be much more usefull
    150533-we_studded_mace_large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Ammsy500 wrote: »
    I think a mace would be much more usefull
    150533-we_studded_mace_large.jpg

And they don't check bags so..maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭namelessguy

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    never had any luck with it, but this always happenend - would be messaging with someone, talking about meeting up, almost having a date set, then suddenly never hear from them again. Must have happened 4 or 5 times. After that I gave up on it. Was pretty disappointing as they all looked and sounded great.

This. Only they also delete their profiles. :(

Was it something I said?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

deaddonkey wrote: »

dammit.

oh well. stings a bit

maybe this is why...better get yourself some cream for that. :pac:

Can't wait for date Friday. Such a build up to it, hope I haven't worked myself up too much. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    This. Only they also delete their profiles. :(

Was it something I said?
    Happens to me ALL THE TIME. I can only assume they're chatting with / organizing a date with another dude too and they pick him over you for whatever reason. Stings the first couple of times but you get used to it after a bit. Just gotta move on and not dwell on it.

POF emailed me asking if I was all set for the singles night. They never said where it was though :confused:

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    POF emailed me asking if I was all set for the singles night. They never said where it was though :confused:

I replied to ask and it said they weren't accepting mails from people my age or gender.

FOREVER ALONE!!! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement