Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Larianne wrote: »
    Maybe he was being sarcastic?

There's sarcasm... and then there's plain crazy. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

There's sarcasm... and then there's plain crazy. :eek:

PM link to profile please. My curiosity has been sufficiently piqued.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Samich wrote: »
    My own experience is that I won't contact people without photos and I won't ask out of politeness for one, even if they contact me, I'll chat to them until they get bored. I think the photos need to be in the profile.

I have no problem sending pics, but hard to take when no one ever replies after sending a pic.
    Theres nothing worse than this. It is lousy. Id never treat someone like that. Plenty of **** out there that do though, most of thrm arent even good looking themselved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

eternal wrote: »
    Samich wrote: »
    My own experience is that I won't contact people without photos and I won't ask out of politeness for one, even if they contact me, I'll chat to them until they get bored. I think the photos need to be in the profile.

I have no problem sending pics, but hard to take when no one ever replies after sending a pic.
    Theres nothing worse than this. It is lousy. Id never treat someone like that. Plenty of **** out there that do though, most of thrm arent even good looking themselved.
    Excuse typos

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SEEMagazine

Galvasean wrote: »
    And another thing! (:P)
    If you dont live in Dublin dont list yourself as being located in Dublin!
    The following counties are not in Dublin: Louth, Wicklow, Meath, Kildare.

edit: Argentina is not in Dublin either. I kid you not!

Well, officially I shouldn't post here, as this is a company account, but my OH's profile said Cork... Turned out she was actually in Croatia, and well... Here I am. Croatia.

Speaking of, I have some passes for the Zagreb Boat Show...anyone want one? Runs til Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Zagreb is a bit out of the neighbourhood for some of us. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SEEMagazine

Aye that it is I suppose. Ah well. Best head over there, hang out with the hot Yamaha wimmins.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I do agree! But this lad wasn't as perverted as more... obnoxious! and a bit creepy.. as in, turned on by serial killers creepy.

And I also sensed he hated everyone. Now don't get me wrong, I hate people at the best of times but I wouldn't be suprised if he goes on a murderous rampage!

I recent watched a program entitled "My Social Network Stalker" available on 4 OD & the amazing documentary Tall Hot Blonde (tallhotblonde). Both will make anyone think twice about using the net to meet someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

talhotblonde is frickin mental,Jaysus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Oh do tell ??

I disabled both my accounts last week and don't regret it one bit.

• Advertisement

It kept appearing on the late night schedules & I ignored it. Then I decided to watch. It's an amazing story & we had better not spoil it :D

It may be on youtube but you need to be able to watch the whole program.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

KTRIC wrote: »
    Oh do tell ??

I disabled both my accounts last week and don't regret it one bit.

Its a documentary about the perils of online dating,well worth checking out if you can find it.

KTRIC wrote: »
    Oh do tell ??

And it has some rather surprising twists :D

Discodog wrote: »
    And it has some rather surprising twists :D

Thats my lunch time viewing sorted. Thanks for the heads up ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

A certain girl kept messaging me but i had no interest in her and i felt horrible if i said no directly so i told her that "She can find someone better than me because all i was looking for was sex" (I'm not really) I think it worked, i feel horrible about it though.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Bookworm85

Well I had my very first date yesterday evening. went for a bite to eat and a glass of wine. I must say I was terrified at first, but it all went better than expected and we're meeting again on Sunday :D

God he's a handsome divil!

I recent watched a program entitled "My Social Network Stalker" available on 4 OD & the amazing documentary Tall Hot Blonde (tallhotblonde). Both will make anyone think twice about using the net to meet someone.

Looking this up with apprehension!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

finipops wrote: »
    A certain girl kept messaging me but i had no interest in her and i felt horrible if i said no directly so i told her that "She can find someone better than me because all i was looking for was sex" (I'm not really) I think it worked, i feel horrible about it though.:o

And you know that's not what she wants? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I have just had some bloke telling me that I was so hot he would 'die for me' :eek:
    Eh DELETE!!! :eek:

Dovies wrote: »
    I have just had some bloke telling me that I was so hot he would 'die for me' :eek:

Ask him to :D

Just for a laugh like :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

That Bruno Mars lad has a lot to answer for ...

finipops wrote: »

The risk is that sometimes females hunt in packs. They often join sites because friends are on them as well. It would be your loss if her totally gorgeous friend dismissed you because you are only looking for sex.

What's wrong with being a gentleman & writing that she is really nice, that are sure that she will find someone soon but that you feel that you & her would not be compatible. In other words a complementary brush off. :)

But I have heard people say that they are dying for a drink, or dying for whatever one wants to add. Ask him to define "hot" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

had a date awhile back, went well and now were meeting for a second time this weekend. maybe my famine is over!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

c - 13 wrote: »
    That Bruno Mars lad has a lot to answer for ...

Ugh don't like serenades but to be honest I much prefer Olly Murs to Bruno Mars, Bruno is a bit too soppy with his music.

Honestly if a guy sang for me I be mortified never mind embarrassed if he wrote it in a online dating message.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

3 weeks back in online dating and the only good to come from it is that my wpm speed has dramatically increased with the amount of practice I am getting typing up messages:D

Have to say it can wear you down and dent even the hardiest of egos but we persevere hopefully other guys are having a little more success and there seems to be a core of similar experiences in the thread

Anyone have any other options that they have found to be more fruitful than online (that don't involve the lucky dip of getting hammered in Coppers and waking up the next day to see who you wake up beside :p)

ecoli wrote: »
    Anyone have any other options that they have found to be more fruitful than online (that don't involve the lucky dip of getting hammered in Coppers and waking up the next day to see who you wake up beside :p)

Those were the days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

And you know that's not what she wants? :pac:
    She doesn't look and sound like she wants that plus she said ok when i told her.So it seems all is good so far.
    The risk is that sometimes females hunt in packs. They often join sites because friends are on them as well. It would be your loss if her totally gorgeous friend dismissed you because you are only looking for sex.

What's wrong with being a gentleman & writing that she is really nice, that are sure that she will find someone soon but that you feel that you & her would not be compatible. In other words a complementary brush off. smile.gif
    Hopefully not! We got on and still get on great so even if she did have friends on there hopefully she'd keep it to herself.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Those were the days.

Not if you crash in the mates house and for that split second you get scared that you had one drink too many and that a drunken rant about how girls are too much hassle is taken way too far:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement