Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Unless they are posting in this thread then please dont mention any names.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Unless they are posting in this thread then please dont mention any names.

No problem, wasn't really serious anyways, I don't fancy reading back through all the pages though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Found another Boardsie! damn I'm good at this! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

How :confused:

mood wrote: »
    How :confused:

Photos from TLL, TGC and Nerds...

Not a stalker.

Most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    On where?

OKC! They just randomnly popped up on my matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Shhhhh! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Anyone having trouble viewing messages on pof atm? Says there's a server error. Can view the site though grand.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Samich wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble viewing messages on pof atm? Says there's a server error. Can view the site though grand.

I was having trouble with errors this afternoon. Hadn't noticed a problem tonight, but I'll check now.

• Advertisement

I was having trouble with errors this afternoon. Hadn't noticed a problem tonight, but I'll check now.

This is what I'm getting.
    401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.
    You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

So today is the day of the year when women are supposed to propose to men...
    Better log into POF so :pac:

That said, a fortune teller recently told my mother that I would be getting a girl pregnant soon so perhaps not! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭rebelwoman

Its actually tomorrow that they propose Galvasean so you had better check POF again tomorrow ;);) lol

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Ah, POF is broken. So that's obviously why I'm getting no messages.
    :rolleyes:

:pac:

It's not working for you either?
    Phew :P

I have like 5 messages and I can't see them :( rejections probably though

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's working perfectly for me. :confused:

Aaaaannnnnnd I have a date tomorrow evening! :eek:

It's working perfectly for me. :confused:

Aaaaannnnnnd I have a date tomorrow evening! :eek:

Grrrr, what's wrong with mine then? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Just logged in to POF. It appears to be working as normal.

edit: I dont seem to be able to click the 'online' tab anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

How come nobody i like, likes me and vice versa? Damnation

eternal wrote: »
    How come nobody i like, likes me and vice versa? Damnation

Story of my life :P

Also any ideas why pof isn't working for me? :(

• Advertisement

Samich wrote: »
    Story of my life :P

Also any ideas why pof isn't working for me? :(

And suddenly it's broken for me too! Hopefully they'll have it fixed again soon.

And suddenly it's broken for me too! Hopefully they'll have it fixed again soon.

Mine is working now? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

joined pof a week ago,its been an experience,however i was a noob to the online dating game,so sent out a few bland messages and had a pretty boring profile to start so the game is up with some girls :) hah.
    however iv improved my profile immensely and put thought into my messgaes now.
    i wasnt aware you have to have an eye-catching profile and send out an "extraordinary" messages to get a reply,but now im aware ha, but maybe its too little too late?
    im taking to a few girls but usually ones that message me first,
    not putting too much hope into getting a reply from girls i text first,even though some of my msgs are eye-catching.
    but im annoyed that even though my profile is way improved,most girls wont give it a 2nd look because it was boring in the first place.fair point?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

POF was broken for me too but appears to be working now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Well I seem to have outdone myself this time. I sent about 20 emails out and I've got zero replies. :(

I've had two girls initiate contact with me, both of whom have no picture and both who didn't respond when asked for one.

I better head on now. Off to the local county council to see about changing my name to quasimodo!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

G-Money wrote: »
    Well I seem to have outdone myself this time. I sent about 20 emails out and I've got zero replies. :(

I've had two girls initiate contact with me, both of whom have no picture and both who didn't respond when asked for one.

I better head on now. Off to the local county council to see about changing my name to quasimodo!

You shall find your Esmerelda soon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Misticles wrote: »
    You shall find your Esmerelda soon ;)

Didnt she get executed O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Getting quite annoyed with POF people adding you favourites without even messaging you first!? Why are people doing it then not mailing! I had someone add me today, I messaged back and got a " ;) " as a response!! Newest pet hate!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Getting quite annoyed with POF people adding as favourites without even talking to ya!? I got added today messaged back and got a " ;) " as a response!! Newest pet hate!

Hate that too - I delete myself off their list! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Busy Lizzie

Discodog wrote: »
    Hi Lizzie,

You can make yourself completely invisible & only contact people who appeal to you or you can choose not to post a photo.

Thanks Discodog. So people when they search, wont be able to see my profile, instead of just not being able to contact me?

Just from browsing on pof I've seen a couple of guys that I've come across before, and I'd prefer not to have any contact with them again. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement