Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Discodog wrote: »
    You must be psychic. Two Dove 'ies have started building a nest in my hedge :D

I think they are Collared Dovies :p

Thats me trying to get a sneaky look at your puppies! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Dovies wrote: »
    Thats me trying to get a sneaky look at your puppies! :D

No need to sneak - check your inbox :D

Too graphic to post here :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Well that was bizarre. That guy came back on to chat and it was like speaking to a completely different person to all the previous times we'd chatted. Txt spk, lols, no personality, completely different conversational style.

He's either been fraped or it's a bunch of mates taking turns logging on and having a laugh, and I just happened to get the same one the first few times. Either way, welcome to Blocksville, dude.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Bad luck. That's quite nasty.
    best just forget about it and move on.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Not having much luck with him are ye honey-ec?

Nope, but he's gone to Room 101 now anyway.

Bleedin' typical, though - the first guy on POF I actually liked and he turns out to be a split-personality PUA...

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Bleedin' typical, though - the first guy on POF I actually liked and he turns out to be a split-personality PUA...

You should try someone like me. I'm not a PUA....

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

The only thing I could not decide on was whether to say "I'm not" or "We are not"

Galvasean wrote: »
    The only thing I could not decide on was whether to say "I'm not" or "We are not"

The Borg of dating. Great.

• Advertisement

I was thinking more along the lines of this guy:

44ecf497-24a2-4255-b43e-bc03cfc50a9f.jpg

At the risk of jinxing it, date set up for Sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

^That's going to give me nightmares! (the venom image) lol

At the risk of jinxing it, date set up for Sunday :)
    doovdela wrote: »
    ^That's going to give me nightmares! (the venom image) lol

The idea of me being romantic? :pac:

edit: bah, beaten by a ninja edit!

Well that was bizarre. That guy came back on to chat and it was like speaking to a completely different person to all the previous times we'd chatted. Txt spk, lols, no personality, completely different conversational style.

He's either been fraped or it's a bunch of mates taking turns logging on and having a laugh, and I just happened to get the same one the first few times. Either way, welcome to Blocksville, dude.

The text speak would do my head in. Could have been hacked into by a friend of his?

That sort of thing has happened to me a few times when someone played a prank on me by text was not happy.

Avoid a guy who does either of those things! Immaturity is not a good look!

The idea of me being romantic? :pac:

edit: bah, beaten by a ninja edit!

Is that you being romantic! :pac: Only that I have a good eye for creativity and anything with design would I get that image. lol

Beaten by a ninja edit? what you say the first time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I seem to be attracting the wrong people on all the sites , none of which I'm interested in :confused:

I have my eye on someone in work and I'm trying to pluck up the courage to ask her out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

KTRIC wrote: »
    I seem to be attracting the wrong people on all the sites , none of which I'm interested in :confused:
    I know the feeling!
    I have my eye on someone in work and I'm trying to pluck up the courage to ask her out.
    I know sometimes people say it's not a good idea to date someone you work with and I can see how it could be awkward if it ended in a bad break up. Still though I think you should go for it - life's too short! In my workplace, everyone is attached, most are married. I feel like the last of the mohicans sometimes!

I worked in a telco start-up from the age of 18 to 24 and everyone was at it like rabbits the whole time. Nothing better than fancying someone in work; you bound into the office every day!

hollypink wrote: »
    I know the feeling!

I know sometimes people say it's not a good idea to date someone you work with and I can see how it could be awkward if it ended in a bad break up. Still though I think you should go for it - life's too short! In my workplace, everyone is attached, most are married. I feel like the last of the mohicans sometimes!

I managed to talk to her this morning for a few minutes and she seemed welcoming to talk to me. I have to do something about it before I drive myself mad. She's the first thing on my mind in the morning and the last at night and she doesn't even know it. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

I managed to talk to her this morning for a few minutes and she seemed welcoming to talk to me. I have to do something about it before I drive myself mad. She's the first thing on my mind in the morning and the last at night and she doesn't even know it. :o

Aww that's so cute!:) Go for it! We're all behind you. Good luck and God speed. I wish somebody felt like that about me :( Anyone?.... No?..... Oh well!.....:o

You have just become my perfect woman for referencing the Borg.

Heeeellllooo Nurse.

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    Aww that's so cute!:) Go for it! We're all behind you. Good luck and God speed. I wish somebody felt like that about me :( Anyone?.... No?..... Oh well!.....:o

Discodog is clearly not online! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Dovies wrote: »
    Discodog is clearly not online! :P

Yeah double D! Where are you?... I thought i could rely on you at least to be nice to me:(

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    I wish somebody felt like that about me :(

The weird part is there probably is someone. So many people spend large chunks of their lives fancying someone but never go for it for fear of rejection, nervousness etc. It's all very pointless when you consider that a person won't go out with you if they never know you like them. If you ask they just might.
    Don't spend two years looking for 'the right time' either. There is no magical perfect time to ask someone. You're not a sniper. If the person is as amazing as you think then chances are you're not the only one of that opinion and someone else will snap them up while you procrastinate and are left pondring what might have been.

TL;DR, KTRIC, just do eeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something I've seen/noticed quite a lot is when someone would have one photo of two people - one attractive, one not so attractive, with no description as to which one they are. Most of the time, in my persona experience, they usually turn out to be the not-so-attractive one.

Something I've seen/noticed quite a lot is when someone would have one photo of two people - one attractive, one not so attractive, with no description as to which one they are. Most of the time, in my persona experience, they usually turn out to be the not-so-attractive one.

Or a pic of the person with an horrendously ugly friend :rolleyes:

Or a pic of the person with an horrendously ugly friend :rolleyes:

Makes a semi-attractive person more attractive when beside someone uglier.

Makes a semi-attractive person more attractive when beside someone uglier.

• Advertisement

The weird part is there probably is someone. So many people spend large chunks of their lives fancying someone but never go for it for fear of rejection, nervousness etc. It's all very pointless when you consider that a person won't go out with you if they never know you like them. If you ask they just might.

We had our school reunion recently and I was chatting to one of the guys who was in my class. He said 'I used to fancy you something rotten in school but never did anything about it'! I used to fancy him too
    Took 25 years to find out and toooooo laaate! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement