Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Something I've seen/noticed quite a lot is when someone would have one photo of two people - one attractive, one not so attractive, with no description as to which one they are. Most of the time, in my persona experience, they usually turn out to be the not-so-attractive one.

I seriously don't get that! HOW would they possibly expect you to somehow know which one they are?!

I just got "chatted up" in the doctors waiting room. Was filling in a registration form (with loads of personal medical details!) ticked Single for Marital Status, fella sitting beside me goes "I'd been watching and hoping you'd tick that one. Can I have your number?" Creeeep! I've since moved to the other side of the waiting room, he's still giving me "eyes" :/

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    Yeah double D! Where are you?... I thought i could rely on you at least to be nice to me:(

Earning a crust to feed your Channel habit :p. Dovies will tell you how I treat my puppies & they are only dogs. So any woman in my life is never going to be short of attention :D.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭SineadMarie

I seriously don't get that! HOW would they possibly expect you to somehow know which one they are?!

I just got "chatted up" in the doctors waiting room. Was filling in a registration form (with loads of personal medical details!) ticked Single for Marital Status, fella sitting beside me goes "I'd been watching and hoping you'd tick that one. Can I have your number?" Creeeep! I've since moved to the other side of the waiting room, he's still giving me "eyes" :/

Once this guy tried it on with me in a sauna, he was very creepy!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Poor chatterpillar. I'm sure the guy meant well but came across very strange and was far too forward in asking for your number. :)

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »

Pretty sure "single" on a marital status form doesn't necessarily mean single does it?

Is that just not the option for "not married and not engaged" ?

Well actually even if you were engaged you'd still tick Single, it's just a legal thing!

As if any girl would be impressed by a guy reading a personal form over their shoulder like that. Total weirdo!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

He couldn't see that you weren't wearing a ring no? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

As if any girl would be impressed by a guy reading a personal form over their shoulder like that. Total weirdo!

If he was hot, you probably would!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Larianne wrote: »

Sad but true!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Well I most certainly hope she wouldn't! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Once this guy tried it on with me in a sauna, he was very creepy!

Why were you filling out forms in a sauna? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

I should start paying some sort of fee for all the satisfaction I get from reading this thread. :DEspecially when I contribute nothing of importance like this post. :o

No, I wouldn't, not in a doctors waiting room filling out a medical history form! It's just wrong!!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Discodog wrote: »
    Earning a crust to feed your Channel habit :p. Dovies will tell you how I treat my puppies & they are only dogs. So any woman in my life is never going to be short of attention :D.

How does Dovies know about how you treat your puppies?...:p
    Should i be jealous?... Am i going to have to fight Dovies for the puppy love?... Actually that sounds a bit wrong but you know what i mean:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    Actually that sounds a bit wrong but you know what i mean:D

But I can pretend that I don't :p.

So tis getting towards the weekend. Who's dating it up??

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mc_grens

Had one last night. It was, I think, the best date I've had. pretty much got chucked out of the Bar at closing time and we could easily have stayed and kept chatting.

mc_grens wrote: »
    Had one last night. It was, I think, the best date I've had. pretty much got chucked out of the Bar at closing time and we could easily have stayed and kept chatting.

That's great. So nice to hear! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Got a ride lined up on Saturday.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Date 5 tomorrow straight after work. Pub grub and a play!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Got a ride lined up on Saturday.

Ah the village bike. Sure we've all been on her. Frisky little minx she is too :D

GrumPy wrote: »
    Date 5 tomorrow straight after work. Pub grub and a play!

You proposing after the play? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

KTRIC wrote: »
    Ah the village bike. Sure we've all been on her. Frisky little minx she is too :D

Not great, but better than a pedal on your own

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    I should start paying some sort of fee for all the satisfaction I get from reading this thread. :DEspecially when I contribute nothing of importance like this post. :o

You can PayPal me directly if you like..

I've got one arranged for Sunday. I'm not as excited as I should be as I'm currently on a streak of three cancelled dates in a row (well, one was technically a tad up) and feeling a tad cynical.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I've been chatting to a few guys online this week. Becoming a bit of an online slut! :p

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

So the girl from last week who never is online and gave me good signs and said she would send a pic next time she's online, well she's online and hasn't replied so presume she doesn't wanna chat. AAhhhhhhhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

I just joined up a couple of sites last week. Am totally new to online dating.
    Ive sent a few messages, but I cant even get into a run of even 3 messages in a conversation. :rolleyes:
    I have no idea of etiquette on these sites....like if i strung up a meaningful run of messages, how long typically should I wait until asking a girl out?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I have no idea of etiquette on these sites....like if i strung up a meaningful run of messages, how long typically should I wait until asking a girl out?

There is no correct answer to this question I'm afraid. One girl might find asking for a date early in the conversation too forward/keen while another would interprate not asking fairly quicksmart as a sign you aren't that interested and go off with someone else. They're like snowflakes.
    You just have to go for it when you feel like it seems like a good point in the conversation and hope for the best..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Been registering on other sites as a test to see what they are like but they are all so strange.

OKC is by far the best but too few people on it.

What's the story with anotherfriend.com? I made a profile, but yet to put anything on it and it crashes when I try to upload a pic. Despite that, I've already gotten two messages? I find that suspicious since I've literally nothing but a name.

Women tend not to be the type to spam messages out to random profiles..

Anyone know what might be going on here?

Then theres this PARSHIP thing.... I dunno sites that have all the users images blurred out, where users have a basic profile and everything is linked via a personality test seems very messy to me...

I love the question thing on OKC , as its an interesting way to see what kinda opinions people have but you can actually SEE what the person looks like AND read what's usually a decent profile too. Bah its just such a shame there's feck all people on OKC.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I know a lot on here really like POF and I've tried that too but I find it a bit too much like the Geordie shore of online dating :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement