Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Had a good date the other night with a girl I met on POF. It was date no.2 so I brought her to the cinema and we had drinks after. Got the balls to get "close" to her in the cinema which led to lots of kissing and holding hands and all that cheesy stuff! :o The few drinks definitely helped relax us both. Cost me a fortune but I enjoyed it and she told me she had a great night. We're gonna meet again soon. I'm in no rush for anything, thankfully don't think she is either, and I've no preconceptions so just gonna go with it and see where it goes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Elessar wrote: »
    Got the balls to get "close" to her in the cinema which led to lots of kissing and holding hands and all that cheesy stuff!

In the cinema?!?!?

*enemies list*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Galvasean wrote: »
    In the cinema?!?!?

*enemies list*

Ha no, more accurately it was afterwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Sometimes it pays to be upfront. I messaged your man earlier and asked him if he had lost interest or was just playing games... He messaged back to say he was really busy and defo hadn't lost interest :) He asked me when I was free to meet up and it just to happens we're both going home next weekend. We'll probably go for a walk with his dog on the beach :).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

We'll probably go for a walk with his dog on the beach :).

I am just about to do the same :D. You are always better off being direct & asking otherwise you just make the wrong assumptions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Grumpy.....where are you? If you don't update us on how date five went last night, I swear I will expire. I have been counting the days till Friday. It's Saturday evening. :)

I have a life. This is not what it looks/sounds like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    Grumpy.....where are you? If you don't update us on how date five went last night, I swear I will expire. I have been counting the days till Friday. It's Saturday evening. :)

Maybe he's still on the date... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

So who's keeping the couch warm tonight and who has a date ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Im having a third date tonight. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Discodog wrote: »
    I am just about to do the same :D. You are always better off being direct & asking otherwise you just make the wrong assumptions.

Oh, just copped on you were having a bit of a flirt there:p. So what kinda dogs do you have? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

KTRIC wrote: »
    I am!

1st date last night didn't even have the decency to cancel :mad: and the guy I met in the end (I was pretty sure the other guy would bail) is lovely, but no spark :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

KTRIC wrote: »

Couch warmer signing in for duty sir.
    Im having a third date tonight. :)

Yay Otis!!

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

Just had a date tonight and got on really well and even better in person rather than messages and she also looks more beautiful in person than her pictures.

My stomach was trembling with nerves seeing as it was my first time doing this online dating thing but all went well....i hope!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Itwasntme wrote:

Grumpy.....where are you? If you don't update us on how date five went last night, I swear I will expire. I have been counting the days till Friday. It's Saturday evening.
    Maybe he's still on the date... ;)

Haha! Your post cheered me right up Itwasntme. :)

The date went really nice! I picked her up after work, she doesn't drive so her Mam dropped her off at a neutral location so I didn't have to drive all the way out after work, which was lovely of her. She apparently really wanted to meet me! (The mammy) She was a nice woman. :) I figured I must be doing ok if my dates Ma was eager to meet me!

We parked in town, had some food in a nice little place, went to see a play, had a drink (non-alcoholic unfortunately, as I was driving her home!) and some ice cream. :D Conversation was good, and I really enjoyed it.

Before I dropped her off I mentioned meeting up again and she was up for it. :) I suggested maybe having her over to meet my Mam some evening and chilling with a movie and some home cooked food afterwards (Which I thought was a reasonable enough idea, considering everything had been going so well!)

But apparently it was a tad too early for that kinda talk, and I appear to have scared her off real good. :o

We swapped a text or two this evening, and she said she needed to talk about something....

So she rang, and in the sweetest, nicest most genuine way - and to make it basically long story short, told me she doesn't wanna take it further, but is happy to be friends.

:(

I'm fairly "devo" to be honest. Uuuuugh. Feel rotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Really sorry to hear that Grumpy.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Sorry to hear that Grumpy mate. Shame given how well you seem to have gotten on. Strange that she should meet up all of those times if she had no intention of progressing that bit further. It's not as if you jumped in and asked her out. You did everything right judging by your previous posts.

She might come around to the idea mate but it sucks all the same. Chin up lad.

Hugs Grumpy :( That sucks :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Ahhh sorry to hear grumpy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

GrumPy wrote: »
    Haha! Your post cheered me right up Itwasntme. :)

The date went really nice! I picked her up after work, she doesn't drive so her Mam dropped her off at a neutral location so I didn't have to drive all the way out after work, which was lovely of her. She apparently really wanted to meet me! (The mammy) She was a nice woman. :) I figured I must be doing ok if my dates Ma was eager to meet me!

We parked in town, had some food in a nice little place, went to see a play, had a drink (non-alcoholic unfortunately, as I was driving her home!) and some ice cream. :D Conversation was good, and I really enjoyed it.

Before I dropped her off I mentioned meeting up again and she was up for it. :) I suggested maybe having her over to meet my Mam some evening and chilling with a movie and some home cooked food afterwards (Which I thought was a reasonable enough idea, considering everything had been going so well!)

But apparently it was a tad too early for that kinda talk, and I appear to have scared her off real good. :o

We swapped a text or two this evening, and she said she needed to talk about something....

So she rang, and in the sweetest, nicest most genuine way - and to make it basically long story short, told me she doesn't wanna take it further, but is happy to be friends.

I'm fairly "devo" to be honest. Uuuuugh. Feel rotten.

Why did she string it out over 6 dates then?

Sweet or not, she could have easily let you know after the 2nd at the latest?

Women like this really piss me off and if it were me I would have given her an earful.

Ahh Grumpy you poor thing :(

*internet hugs*

fat__tony wrote: »
    Why did she string it out over 6 dates then?

Sweet or not, she could have easily let you know after the 2nd at the latest?

Women like this really piss me off and if it were me I would have given her an earful.
    I had a guy do it to me for 2 months!! Giving the person an earful will just make you feel crap, better to be the bigger person and just gracefully leave!

I second the not stringing someone along thing, not fair on either person imo.

On a bit more of a positive note (not the right word, but feck it I'm tired!), this appeared in my inbox today:
    I saw your footprints on my page so i said let me holla at u. more over I went through ur pics nd I believe u hv got it all going on, I would say u r such nik-nak proba tiger hurrrrrrrr . I am from London came to dublin for mission impossible2. Come let me treat u like a princess and the only 1 x
    I basically made u my selecting don't you give me rejection

Never ever been on his page before... :confused:

Don't worry, I didn't give him rejection - I got a poem a few days ago, I could get a rap outta this one! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    Couch warmer signing in for duty sir.

Thought you'd given up on the whole thing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

Pembily wrote: »
    I had a guy do it to me for 2 months!! Giving the person an earful will just make you feel crap, better to be the bigger person and just gracefully leave!

No the intention would be make him/her feel like crap which is what they deserve.

As for remaining friends, Id immediately cut off all contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I second the not stringing someone along thing, not fair on either person imo.

On a bit more of a positive note (not the right word, but feck it I'm tired!), this appeared in my inbox today:

Never ever been on his page before... :confused:

Don't worry, I didn't give him rejection - I got a poem a few days ago, I could get a rap outta this one! :pac:

He came to Ireland for Misssion Impossible 2.... He'll be pleasantly surprised when he realises that no cinema is showing it. :pac:

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement