Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

panda100 wrote: »
    Nah, wouldn't agree with this. Most women want to go out with someone who is 'nice'. If someone was challenging to start with then I wouldn't give him the time of day tbh. You can be nice and still be charismatic. I'd say just be yourself Captain Havoc :)

I agree with you, most women I know, including myself, do want someone who is nice, so nice guys, don't lose heart :)

I've actually had to get the garda involved with the last guy I met on okcupid!He's been stalking me at work, and followed me home and has turned up at my house numerous time,making a lot of noise late at night.We only went on one date, and I think he just built me up into something amazing. I know the same thing could have happened if I met someone in a pub, but has turned me off okcupid for a while!

:eek: Wow how awful for you, scary stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

I've actually had to get the garda involved with the last guy I met on okcupid!He's been stalking me at work, and followed me home and has turned up at my house numerous time,making a lot of noise late at night.We only went on one date, and I think he just built me up into something amazing. I know the same thing could have happened if I met someone in a pub, but has turned me off okcupid for a while!

:eek:

Jesus! What the hell is it with guys that so many (I've heard stories) become such stalkers!?!

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

awec wrote: »
    Yikes! Hope you get sorted panda.

That's hardly a fair comment. :(

I've heard so many stories about guys from female friends that used online dating before and in general.

I know women can be stalkers too, but from what I've heard most of the stalking population seem to be men.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Nah, wouldn't agree with this. Most women want to go out with someone who is 'nice'. If someone was challenging to start with then I wouldn't give him the time of day tbh. You can be nice and still be charismatic. I'd say just be yourself Captain Havoc :)

Oh wow! :eek: I dunno where you're located but if its in a small catchment area maybe ladies can mail you so they don't have any contact with him either.

I like the guy to be nice, and funny and get my humour etc etc. I don't take any shít so wouldn't be into any game playing (maybe that's why I'm still single! :cool: )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

haa, i didnt mean turn into a a**hole just to be a challenge, i meant that maybe some guys focus all their profile into being a nice guy they are and maybe a hint of mystery and charisma doesnt shine through, thus not provoking women to message them or respond, any truth in this? :)

cue everyone bitching about the singles night message or whatever it was!! haha. got me too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 sallyr

Im going putting myself on the market there shortly,which one will i use,seen loads of ye using plenty of fish, what's the story with ok cupid and connecting singles,what would ye recommend me.
    I would say plenty of fish.. First time i joined i hadnt even picture up only a bit about myself and i still got about 30 messages from different people in the first couple of days! Although i did seem to recognise alot of people from the same area as i am from, and they were messaging me! so if u are looking for something discreet it may not be the best option!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

Well my date that happen last thursday went great, and the girl i went on a date with was really nice and beautiful and we still talk and text alot but i think i'll leave it at that....She has a kid that is only four months old and i'm looking for someone without any children. She's really lovely but i think i will leave it at that but will still remain friends i suppose.

finipops wrote: »
    Well my date that happen last thursday went great, and the girl i went on a date with was really nice and beautiful and we still talk and text alot but i think i'll leave it at that....She has a kid that is only four months old and i'm looking for someone without any children. She's really lovely but i think i will leave it at that but will still remain friends i suppose.

why did you go on the date then? did you not know she had a kid beforehand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 DwightShrute

Is it not possible to send pics to someone in a message on OKC??

• Registered Users Posts: 21 sallyr

Is it not possible to send pics to someone in a message on OKC??
    Dont know anything about okc but u can on plenty of fish

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

JimBob777 wrote: »
    cue everyone bitching about the singles night message or whatever it was!! haha. got me too :(

Yup thats the 2nd time that stupid bitch has got me with one of those

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

• Log onto pof
    • See one new message
    • Get excited
    • Open message
    • Admin invite to a singles night
    • Foreveralone.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

GrumPy wrote: »
    • Log onto pof
    • See one new message
    • Get excited
    • Open message
    • Admin invite to a singles night
    • Foreveralone.jpg

It's like getting excited about getting a package through the post and when you open it up it's just full of old newspapers. :(:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

Oh god, that sounds scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

One thing i have been holding off putting in messages recently is a bit of a cheesey line or two.
    Looking for the opinions of the girls here does stuff like that catch your eye and maybe make you more inclined to reply? Or is it off putting?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

VinLieger wrote: »
    One thing i have been holding off putting in messages recently is a bit of a cheesey line or two.
    Looking for the opinions of the girls here does stuff like that catch your eye and maybe make you more inclined to reply? Or is it off putting?

Depends on what it is really!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

VinLieger wrote: »
    a bit of a cheesey line or two.

imagesqtbnANd9GcQGid-iIo53RDfM2YUqx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Discodog wrote: »
    imagesqtbnANd9GcQGid-iIo53RDfM2YUqx.jpg

Mmmm Cheestrings mmmmm:p

I ike a bit of a cheezy line for a laugh as long as it's a really obvious one and can't be misconstrued

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Larianne wrote: »
    Oh wow! :eek: I dunno where you're located but if its in a small catchment area maybe ladies can mail you so they don't have any contact with him either.

Well this particular guy is no longer on okcupid, so all you guys are safe from him at the moment. I am keeping my profile up for the moment, so I can keep an eye on his whereabouts!
    haa, i didnt mean turn into a a**hole just to be a challenge, i meant that maybe some guys focus all their profile into being a nice guy they are and maybe a hint of mystery and charisma doesnt shine through, thus not provoking women to message them or respond, any truth in this? :)

Well of course you want someone to be interesting. I still think you can be nice, and have mystery and charisma. What is a turn off is when someone lacks any type of assertiveness and agrees with everything you say and has no personality of their own. I think sometimes men,and women, can fall into this trap, and are so eager to please and be nice that they agree with everything the other person is saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Okay, same question (every week! :o)

Who's dating it up this weekend??

Ooh Silvercvixen is dating it up tonight I think. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Not me - nothing new there! Dont have any time this weekend even if I had a sniff of a date though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Have one for tomorrow :) Coffee in Limerick. While I'm at it, anybody know of any nice cafes in Limerick for a first date? If you could call it that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Dovies wrote: »
    Not me - nothing new there! Dont have any time this weekend even if I had a sniff of a date though!

I lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Dates this weekend, are you mad?
    Paddy's weekend is a time for drunken debauchery with as many women as possible!
    Is he joking?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Dates this weekend, are you mad?
    Paddy's weekend is a time for drunken debauchery with as many women as possible!
    Is he joking?

answer is no but good job in makin it seem like your joking :) ha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

So I sent a message to a girl on POF, it said "sent" yet the message isn't in my "sent messages"
    Glitch in the system or am I missing something here?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

answer is no but good job in makin it seem like your joking :) ha

Yes and no. As many as possible = none :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Dovies wrote: »

I agree totally :(:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement