Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Logged in to see 1 new message flashing at me, whats this have i got a reply?

Of course i havent its for another stupid ****ing singles night that i couldnt give a **** about but thanks for getting my hopes up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Viewed me is back working

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

Viewed me is back working
    I know it works on the android app but you mean it's back on the site in general? Anyway i hope it's true but i'll check later on. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

finipops wrote: »
    I know it works on the android app but you mean it's back on the site in general? Anyway i hope it's true but i'll check later on. :)

Yeah on the general site

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

JimBob777 wrote: »
    why did you go on the date then? did you not know she had a kid beforehand?
    I did know she had a child alright but when i was talking in person to her she said her kid is only four months old! She's nice but i don't think i want to get got up in any of that at the present time.
    Yeah on the general site
    Cheers for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

hmmm has anyone been told 'i love you' before on a dating website? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Been scoping out POF again today for the first real time since that girl I was dating for a while. Unfortunately, almost every profile is either:

A - Not filled in "lol, dunno what to put here so just message me"

or

B - "Just normal gal, like music and drinking with my gurls at de weekend, luv goin' out wit dem it's mad buzz. Doin' hairdressin'/make-up in college luv it, don't message me if yur a weirdo lollollol wb bbz xoxox"

Have I been looking at the wrong section or something? :pac:
    Finding it near impossible to locate a girl with a completed and/or interesting/intelligent profile. Profiles still seem generally better on okcupid, but it's like tumbleweed compared to activity on POF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

GrumPy wrote: »
    Been scoping out POF again today for the first real time since that girl I was dating for a while. Unfortunately, almost every profile is either:

A - Not filled in "lol, dunno what to put here so just message me"

or

B - "Just normal gal, like music and drinking with my gurls at de weekend, luv goin' out wit dem it's mad buzz. Doin' hairdressin'/make-up in college luv it, don't message me if yur a weirdo lollollol wb bbz xoxox"

Have I been looking at the wrong section or something? :pac:
    Finding it near impossible to locate a girl with a completed and/or interesting/intelligent profile. Profiles still seem generally better on okcupid, but it's like tumbleweed compared to activity on POF.

Is it just profiles with pictures you're looking at? I find there's more well written profiles with pictureless ones sometimes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

Back in this game again said I would give it another shot as real life romance didn't work out . I joined match.com as pof just was not for me . I still have my POF profile but no pic so not expecting responses . I have had a few winks on match.com and wondering what the protocol regarding them is . I am still very wary so treading very carefully . One guy who winked me has messaged me and seems ok the rest are just winks .

Dolly Daydreams that's a new one on me think I would be running the other way unless you have had a lot of dates and meets .

Samich wrote: »
    Is it just profiles with pictures you're looking at? I find there's more well written profiles with pictureless ones sometimes :)

Maybe because the ones with pictures think that's enough to get them by :pac:

• Advertisement

alibab wrote: »
    Back in this game again said I would give it another shot as real life romance didn't work out . I joined match.com as pof just was not for me . I still have my POF profile but no pic so not expecting responses . I have had a few winks on match.com and wondering what the protocol regarding them is . I am still very wary so treading very carefully . One guy who winked me has messaged me and seems ok the rest are just winks .

Dolly Daydreams that's a new one on me think I would be running the other way unless you have had a lot of dates and meets .

None at all :eek: Was just explaining earlier today that we haven't actually met yet, just chatting for what seems a lifetime (well since end of Jan I think it was) I tried to put it down to my irresistable personality, but I don't think that's the answer :p

I think the winks is the easier option to the 'hi' I get about 5 times a day :rolleyes:

None at all :eek: Was just explaining earlier today that we haven't actually met yet, just chatting for what seems a lifetime (well since end of Jan I think it was) I tried to put it down to my irresistable personality, but I don't think that's the answer :p

I think the winks is the easier option to the 'hi' I get about 5 times a day :rolleyes:

What age fella is he?

What age fella is he?

34, could be excused if he was 18 maybe, but 34 :rolleyes:

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

Dolly Daydreams its a bit strange alright I would be very freaked out by that . But as you said you could be just irresistible lol . Any plans to meet him as you are chatting since jan .

awec wrote: »
    Probably a poor choice of words on his part, but maybe he has just fallen for you?

he's said some things that would suggest he has but I've been around the block a few times before so just not sure. Hate to rule anything out but confused.com all the same :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

hmmm has anyone been told 'i love you' before on a dating website? :eek:

That's a new one to me! I did get a "will you marry me?" completely out of the blue yesterday though :eek:

Everyone got their wedding hats ready? :pac:

I see where you are coming from, I was just trying to put another potential spin on it.

Still, gotta feel good that someone has apparently fallen for you! :)

I wouldn't take my word for it though! :pac:

ha ha it would be nice to think like that alright. I've not been on my profile in a while and just had a look he's still actively on it. So I'll take what he says with a pinch of salt.. As the phrase "I don't want to talk to anybody else on this but you" has been said to me by him as well :rolleyes:

alibab wrote: »
    Dolly Daydreams its a bit strange alright I would be very freaked out by that . But as you said you could be just irresistible lol . Any plans to meet him as you are chatting since jan .

Sorry only saw this now, yeah but not for a bit yet.. Work commitments and what have ya.. Slowly losing interest

• Advertisement

So cynical! :D

You're so right Awec. I really am such a cynical person :( Wish I wasn't it would make things in the dating world A LOT easier

If someone says they don't want a bf, but have fun, go on a few dates and maybe more. What does this mean? Also she adds in wants to meet people?

If someone says they don't want a bf, but have fun, go on a few dates and maybe more. What does this mean? Also she adds in wants to meet people?

She could be keeping her cards close to her chest.. Maybe she's had undying love declared after one date and wants to see how the date goes? Have you 'looking for a relationship' on yours?

Trust me, it wouldn't make it any easier! It's hard no matter how you approach it.

Though again, I'm far from an expert! :pac::pac::pac:

Well me neither, I like to have the damage limitation at a minimum. I suppose we all do eh :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

Sorry only saw this now, yeah but not for a bit yet.. Work commitments and what have ya.. Slowly losing interest

It seems strange that he couldn't meet even for a few hours on a saturday or something.

Are all the conversations by text or do you skype, or speak on phone etc (sorry if that's been asked)

I shall be diving into the world of online dating in the next couple days. Looking forward to it. There is great reading in this thread, so fingers crossed ill have a story or two to add to it.

Ah keep the chin up Dolly!

Sure you've got a guy who's fallen for you and told you so already!

If that was the case though, he probably wouldn't be still logging on :rolleyes:
    Starokan wrote: »
    It seems strange that he couldn't meet even for a few hours on a saturday or something.

Are all the conversations by text or do you skype, or speak on phone etc (sorry if that's been asked)

I shall be diving into the world of online dating in the next couple days. Looking forward to it. There is great reading in this thread, so fingers crossed ill have a story or two to add to it.

It's been text, no phone call. I have to say I'm sh*** on the phone, much better after meeting someone in person. It came up about during the week, but I'm full time in work and nothing about the weekend is suggested yet. All I know is it's finished (his work deadline) mid-april and then supposedly we're meeting. Losing heart and fast. Don't know if I have a right to be peed off but the whole thing kind of sounds a little sour to be hoenst. If i stepped outside and offered advice I'd tell 'me' to move on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

It's been text, no phone call. I have to say I'm sh*** on the phone, much better after meeting someone in person. It came up about during the week, but I'm full time in work and nothing about the weekend is suggested yet. All I know is it's finished (his work deadline) mid-april and then supposedly we're meeting. Losing heart and fast. Don't know if I have a right to be peed off but the whole thing kind of sounds a little sour to be hoenst. If i stepped outside and offered advice I'd tell 'me' to move on

Hey who knows it could be case off he is really up the walls with work, i think you should tell him you would like to meet earlier than April to see how you both get on, suggest a day time meeting just for coffee or something. Is there much of a distance between you both.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement