Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Larianne wrote: »
    So who's dating it up this weekend then? :D

I may have a coffee date this weekend. Just thought feck it! Might not be a good idea throwing caution to the wind with online dating. :o

Sounds good! :) Ya can never be too cautious, but you can get a gut feeling from someone before meeting, and always arrange to meet somewhere central enough and that a friend or two know your plans for the evening!

The about of times my planned abductions have failed due to bloody overly careful Irish women! :pac:

Just want a good woman to make me sandwiches!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

GrumPy wrote: »
    Sounds good! :) Ya can never be too cautious, but you can get a gut feeling from someone before meeting, and always arrange to meet somewhere central enough and that a friend or two know your plans for the evening!

The about of times my planned abductions have failed due to bloody overly careful Irish women! :pac:

Just want a good woman to make me sandwiches!!! :p

Well he's gonna call at the weekend so we'll see. And sure its only coffee...

or a kidnap attempt. Better keep the sandwich making and tea making skills to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Just seen 2 people i know in real life on connecting singles. Saw someone on POF as well. People dont seem to mind as much being seen on dating sites now i think. It wouldnt bother me who sees me on a dating site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Nah Im going out with real people this weekend - not a date!
    Had some guy have a go at me last night because I wouldnt meet him for 'the bold thing'! Seriously :eek:. Told me I needed to live a little and be adventurous etc.

My profile couldn't be more clearer - not interested!! Maybe thats why the freaks are attracted to it! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Date 2 went well last night, lots of chemistry and kissing :P Third one is lined up but not sure for when, sooner rather than later i hope.

• Advertisement

Just seen 2 people i know in real life on connecting singles. Saw someone on POF as well. People dont seem to mind as much being seen on dating sites now i think. It wouldnt bother me who sees me on a dating site.

My brother comes up in my matches. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

andreac wrote: »
    Date 2 went well last night, lots of chemistry and kissing :P Third one is lined up but not sure for when, sooner rather than later i hope.

whoo hoo deadly, loads of kissing, that's what I like to hear ;) (am not a perv)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

:eek:

:eek:

So did my cousin.

Its one of the reasons my profile is hidden now. :cool:

I'm probably gonna get ribbed big time for mentioning the S word, but anyone on Smooch wanna have a gander at my profile? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Smooch sounds like a smoothie bar. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭amacca

meeeeee! (my quasi real world strategies have borne some fruit), going for a light bite to eat and some drinks

I feel like a big old interloper in this thread :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The way I saw it, why be embarrassed about some recognising you, they are on it too sure. :)

awec wrote: »
    There's a site called Smooch?

ha ha yup, not a hell of a lot of people on it but I'm well fed up wtih POF
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Smooch sounds like a smoothie bar. :pac:

It is a bit of a tacky one alright :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Smooch is a bit meh, but lately all my matches on okcupid are in Galway :(

booboo88 wrote: »

think I'll give okcupid another bash

• Registered Users Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Some of my best dates have been from Smooch! :D

Dovies wrote: »

Yay, always good to hear ;)

• Advertisement

Dovies wrote: »

All the guys that send me messages are in dublin :(

All the guys that send me messages are in dublin :(

Still all the same faces on it since I was last there :(

Yup.... and still the same... text me babes on .......

yea right:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What age are they? 12???

there's one on there that just doesn't get the message at all.. 10/10 for persistence

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

It could be worse, you could of been matched on OKC where they tell you what percentage a match you are. 95% with your brother would just creep anyone out. :eek:

Got a second date this weekend, both been busy so it has taken us a while so looking forward to it despite it being bowling and I suck at bowling. Just have to pretend I am having a great fun time while inside I am dying from my competitive steak going nuts.

Maguined wrote: »
    It could be worse, you could of been matched on OKC where they tell you what percentage a match you are. 95% with your brother would just creep anyone out. :eek:

I know. :cool:
    Maguined wrote: »
    Got a second date this weekend, both been busy so it has taken us a while so looking forward to it despite it being bowling and I suck at bowling. Just have to pretend I am having a great fun time while inside I am dying from my competitive steak going nuts.

Watch out for the bowling dance! Ya know, the little dance everyone does after they get a strike. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I'm probably gonna get ribbed big time for mentioning the S word, but anyone on Smooch wanna have a gander at my profile? :rolleyes:

Just did :D Unless I missed it there is no space for personal comments, unlike most sites.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement