Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Frustrating as I was having a REALLY good mailversation with a nice gal.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Galvasean wrote: »
    Frustrating as I was having a REALLY good mailversation with a nice gal.

I read that word as something else when I read your message... :p

:eek:

POF is back up now. *phew*

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

JimBob777 wrote: »
    Larianne where are ya? hah :D

Sorry, wah?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

Larianne wrote: »
    Sorry, wah?

seems like your quite the miracle worker around these parts :)

• Advertisement

JimBob777 wrote: »
    seems like your quite the miracle worker around these parts :)

Now now let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Well my supposedly 3rd date that was meant to happen tonight never did :-((( No explanation, or anything. I had text to ask what film/time etc earlier today and got no reply, then asked later is it still on or off and just let me know either way, to which i got "In the middle of a situation at the moment, will call you later" and i still havent heard from him.
    What is wrong with people that they cant just be upfront and honest and say they dont want to meet again etc? This is the 3rd or 4th guy in a row that has done this to me, all from online dating.
    Just to note, this guy cancelled on me twice before and we never got to meet until he got back in contact again recently and finally arranged to meet. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and now hes done this, really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

andreac wrote: »
    Well my supposedly 3rd date that was meant to happen tonight never did :-((( No explanation, or anything. I had text to ask what film/time etc earlier today and got no reply, then asked later is it still on or off and just let me know either way, to which i got "In the middle of a situation at the moment, will call you later" and i still havent heard from him.
    What is wrong with people that they cant just be upfront and honest and say they dont want to meet again etc? This is the 3rd or 4th guy in a row that has done this to me, all from online dating.
    Just to note, this guy cancelled on me twice before and we never got to meet until he got back in contact again recently and finally arranged to meet. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and now hes done this, really annoying.

does everything to suit himself, doesnt take you into account at all, selfish, why bother??

andreac wrote: »

That's pretty awful alright. Just give it a day though and see what's up. Something may have come up! But if there's no decent excuse then feck that.

I had a guy give me the runaround last December. I got a text off him yesterday. Jog on mate! !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

about four months in with my GF I met on POF, things are incredible still! love her to bits, and feels like we've known each other years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Just give it a day though and see what's up. Something may have come up!

Personally wouldn't have a second more of my time for this guy. If something genuinely came up, he should have communicated it better then waiting for you to contact him, and then to send you a text like that? Run, run very fast in the opposite direction of this guy.

The fact that he cancelled twice before raises alarm bells for me. Sounds like he's only interested when he has nothing 'better' going on.

That's great Z! :) So it works on occasion! :pac:
    GrumPy wrote: »
    Personally wouldn't have a second more of my time for this guy. If something genuinely came up, he should have communicated it better then waiting for you to contact him, and then to send you a text like that? Run, run very fast in the opposite direction of this guy.

True that. And I guess with his history..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

This thread is interesting...

Black Oil wrote: »
    This thread is interesting...

Trying it for real is even more interesting! :pac: :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

So I've caved and rejoined POF..

Can someone here tell me the etiquette when you receive a meet me thingy?

Are you supposed to press the meet me button back to them?

I kinda think if they are bothered they should mail me?

Am I being (an aul one)old fashioned?

Thanks

foxinsox wrote: »
    So I've caved and rejoined POF..

Can someone here tell me the etiquette when you receive a meet me thingy?

Are you supposed to press the meet me button back to them?

I kinda think if they are bothered they should mail me?

Am I being (an aul one)old fashioned?

Thanks

Some people use it like a 'wink' I guess. Me, I couldn't be arsed with all that crap. If you like someone just message them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Some people use it like a 'wink' I guess. Me, I couldn't be arsed with all that crap. If you like someone just message them!

Cheers Larianne :)

Yeah I'd be the same, I tend to write very silly mails if I fancy a guy, in fact so silly and ridiculous they usually respond..

I also noticed there's a new button for "Will Respond" it seems to be getting lazier to find someone..

I'm all for good ol fashioned writing to start with anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Im living in my none real part of the country at the mo i went for ice cream with a girl i meet recently it was a bit weird really , like it wasn't that i didn't fancy just mentally she was a bit.. unappealing, weird... .

Snowie wrote: »
    Im living in my none real part of the country at the mo i went for ice cream with a girl i meet recently it was a bit weird really , like it wasn't that i didn't fancy just mentally she was a bit.. unappealing, weird... .

Nothing weird about that IMO. If someone's persona isn't for you then no amount of good looks will make up for that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Was an ice cream date mentioned here before or am I imagining it, is it new?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Nothing weird about that IMO. If someone's persona isn't for you then no amount of good looks will make up for that.

Thts whats weird :pac...

Nah man she didn't make me laugh once! o.^

i wont my ice cream money back :mad:

Thts whats weird :pac...

Nah man she didn't make me laugh once! o.^

:pac:

Its a good learning experience though, no? :)

Black Oil wrote: »
    Was an ice cream date mentioned here before or am I imagining it, is it new?

Ona day like this how could you not?!

At least tell us it was delicious ice cream...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

What are guys experience with meeting people slightly older than them? (like, mid twenties looking for someone in 30's)

It seems more socially acceptable/common with girls meeting older guys, but less so the other way around; I think I'd get on better with someone slightly above my age though.

It honestly depends on the age gap really, but there are a lot of women who would be interested in younger guys. It might not be socially acceptable, as such, but feckit.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DwightShrute

Maybe you shouldn't have asked her for a lick of her Wibbly Wobbly Wonder or do they still make those? Jayus, Freaky Foot, what I'd give for one of those again.

:pac:

Its a good learning experience though, no? :)

nooo not really i always know that you need to really have a mental connection to like some one. I was just having fun :pac: besides if a girl can't make me laugh it aint going to work :)

What are guys experience with meeting people slightly older than them? (like, mid twenties looking for someone in 30's)

Last girlfriend I hate was 3-4 years older than me. Was no big deal as she looked and acted younger.

• Advertisement

Maybe you shouldn't have asked her for a lick of her Wibbly Wobbly Wonder or do they still make those? Jayus, Freaky Foot, what I'd give for one of those again.

they were the one with jelly and stuff wernt they ? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement