Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

I am very thankful that I haven't been offered the more, shall I say, interesting things that some of the posters here have... Although I was offered sex in Clara next Thursday. I'm going to have to pass on that one unfortunately :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

There are women on those sites that just want a fcuk buddy too! And I have no problem with that, or men looking for NSA fun, BUT, it's important that if I'm mailing someone, that it's clear that's all they're looking for. I do not want to be led on otherwise.

Toying with the idea of rejoining. But I'm not entirely sure. Just think it would be nice to chat to a few men again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

tatumkelly wrote: »
    Sweet baby jesus.... I think the below mail will be the one that reaffirms the notion that online dating is not for me.....

do you fancy a f**k buddy that could turn into more if we really get on?
    I do.. that's exactly what I want!

Least he was honest and upfront!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭tonedef

So I've been trying online dating for a few months now, on and off, and I'm curious as to how many times people actually get a response when the send someone a message. Would it be one reply in three... or five.... or seven???

It's probably about one in seven for me which is pissing me off as I actually bother to read people's profiles and don't just send a lazy 'Hi, how are you' message so I'm interested in seeing if my experience is normal.....

Cheers!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

tonedef wrote: »
    So I've been trying online dating for a few months now, on and off, and I'm curious as to how many times people actually get a response when the send someone a message. Would it be one reply in three... or five.... or seven???

It's probably about one in seven for me which is pissing me off as I actually bother to read people's profiles and don't just send a lazy 'Hi, how are you' message so I'm interested in seeing if my experience is normal.....

Cheers!!!

One in about twenty here, but that's because I'm a guy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Girl messaged me about an hour or so after I last posted in this thread last night, said she hadn't seen my message and asked was the exhibition still on as it sounded interesting. By that time I was parked up at a mates house with a beverage in hand and wasn't going to be moved!..
    She asked me where my local watering hole was for tonight, so maybe maybe I might actually meet her. Won't hold my breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Maybe she was being genuine P,maybe she was just trying to cover herself.

My advice would be,go out with yer mates,if she appears where you are,all well and good but dont text her and dont arrange to meet her somewhere,stay strong brother!

That's exactly what I'll be doing Otis!:D

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Panthro wrote: »
    Girl messaged me about an hour or so after I last posted in this thread last night, said she hadn't seen my message and asked was the exhibition still on as it sounded interesting. By that time I was parked up at a mates house with a beverage in hand and wasn't going to be moved!..
    She asked me where my local watering hole was for tonight, so maybe maybe I might actually meet her. Won't hold my breath.

Hmmmm, this is the one who stood you up?

To be honest I'd say forget about her. She had her chance and she deliberately threw it away. As Otis says, if she shows up or something fair enough, but don't be arranging to meet her under any circumstances.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    To be fair, it's unlikely she'd just turn up at the same pub even if he tells her which one it is unless he specifically asks her to meet him.

Yeah she mentioned she would be going out with her mates and might call into one of the pubs that I mentioned with the mates. (To be honest, I was thinking perhaps she wants it to appear as a chance encounter in front of the mates, she might not like people knowing she was meeting someone off the interwebs! But that's just me thinking out loud)
    So I said sound if you are in town and want to meet up, give me a text. And after that, if I hear from her I hear from her and if not, I'm none too worried.

Hmmm, it's probably a bit late now but I was thinking you should have said you have a date lined up. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

Panthro wrote: »

Is this her first online date by any chance? Reason I ask is that she does still seem interested but she might just find it really nerve wracking to meet somebody of the 'tinternet' for the first time. No excuse messing you around though. I'd say ask her straight out what the story is and if she wants to meet, leave it up to her to decide where and when.

I got a strange message.

The person hasn't really filled out the interest or about me section and their picture doesn't show their face (instead it shows her boobs). :rolleyes: :pac:

I don't see the problem :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

How is it strange??

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭tonedef

G-Money wrote: »
    One in about twenty here, but that's because I'm a guy!

Hmm..... maybe I'm just taking it too seriously so.
    I'm a guy too btw

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mc_grens

Bum.

Met a girl about a month ago. We went out a few times, the best dates I think I've ever had, really liked her. We havent seen each other in a fortnight or so (I've been down with a bad Sinus infection, she's had Hens, etc.). Now because of her job she's going to have to spend alot of the next few months in the UK.

Obviously we have to give it up, but we agreed to keep in touch.

Bum anyway. She's a cracker.

The profile seems strange to me. Meh. Maybe I'm being strange for thinking it's strange?

Still replied ( :pac: ), but I'm pretty sure that her profile will be deleted soon enough.

(Would you not find a profile where a guys main photo is his crotch as weird). :D

Why did you reply then?

She's not exactly giving out the impression that she's looking for a genuine guy is she? I'd say she's looking for the ride.

• Advertisement

Actually, now that you ask, I have no idea why I replied. :o

Ah well.

Someone will turn up don't worry!

Have ya been on it long? Had many dates?

I had a few great phone calls but couldn't turn it into a meeting about a month ago & then he vanished. Out of the blue he messages me today. WTF?

I would say I get replies to one in 15 messages and I'm not a guy!

I just got my first choice message tonight. A kind gentleman on the interwebs offered to "ride the arse off" me. I went to click reply and accidentally hit block user. Oh well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Messaged one last girl on pof, and said if it didn't get anywhere I'd be deleting the account.

Messaged her, got a reply, said she had 56 messages to get through.

I said wanna chat?

So she says "I've been chatting to a guy for 8 hours so kinda settled now"

I replied back, that sounds promising for you and left it at that.

So I message her this evening asking how she was and says "Did you not get my point?!" (presumeably that she's not inerested).

Ah. She could have just said it like! Peevs me off.

Samich wrote: »

That wasn't nice. :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Messaged one last girl on pof, and said if it didn't get anywhere I'd be deleting the account.

I said wanna chat?

So I message her this evening asking how she was and says "Did you not get my point?!" (presumeably that she's not inerested).

She's not worth getting annoyed over, in my opinion.

56 messages to get through?! FFS, when I was using those sites I got a few messages too, I replied to them when I got a chance to, I certainly did not make any reference to any messages I was getting from other guys! Absolutely no class about that ... it just screams of arrogance and vanity, in my opinion!

And as for being "settled" chatting with a guy for eight hours ... lol!

Also, absolutely no reason for being so rude to you in her last reply. But, to be honest, if I were you, I wouldn't have paid her any more attention after the first message.

As for deleting your account altogether? No point in that, usually, in my opinion. Just leave it open, don't use it, and wait for girls to message you ... if you get messages, great, if not, then don't worry about it, no big deal. :) But at least, if your account is open, the possibilities are there!

I said wanna chat?

She sounds like a right knob to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Had my first date last night. Ended up being a very casual affair (busy crowded restaurant) so just friendly chatting away. Definite spark on my side though and despite me thinking she was not too interested in more than just friends I was later convinced otherwise. (Guess it was the effects of 1st date nerves:o)

1st date with Girl B was planned for tomorrow night but family were back in the country for the easter as they live abroad so I offered to postpone till next week so she could spend more time with them and she agreed as this was a pretty bad week due to this. Was grand until she mentions she is heading out tonight with the girls. So much for quality family time :rolleyes:. Will see how things develop with girl A and see whether or not the other girl is interested come closer to next week

I think I just found my dream woman on OKCupid. I hope she replies to my mail... in a positive way! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

No replies from any girls all week, another saturday night in alone! Thank god under siege is on...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement