Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Cianan2 wrote: »
    No replies from any girls all week, another saturday night in alone! Thank god under siege is on...

The bit with the cake is the best :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Cianan2 wrote: »
    No replies from any girls all week, another saturday night in alone! Thank god under siege is on...

Even when you do get replies that film takes priority:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

just back from first online date, was really good fun, no major spark or anything but overall a very good evening. Not sure if a second date will happen, i would be up for meeting again and see how it goes, we didn't arrange anything as such , i said i would call her tomorrow evening and sure we will see whats what then.

fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Starokan wrote: »
    just back from first online date, was really good fun, no major spark or anything but overall a very good evening. Not sure if a second date will happen, i would be up for meeting again and see how it goes, we didn't arrange anything as such , i said i would call her tomorrow evening and sure we will see whats what then.

fingers crossed!

If you're not sure but you had a good time, maybe give it another go?? You'll both be more relaxed on the next date. :)

I've a date Tuesday. WOOoOOO. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

Larianne wrote: »
    If you're not sure but you had a good time, maybe give it another go?? You'll both be more relaxed on the next date. :)

I've a date Tuesday. WOOoOOO. :pac:

I'd certainly give it another go, ill call tomorrow and suggest meeting again. Its been a while since I was on a date and it was so nice to sit one on one with some female company, i hadn't realised how much i missed that.

Whether she says yes or not to a second date I'm delighted with how tonight went.

hope the date tuesday goes well !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Got a message this evening from a decent, lovely guy for once and it turns out we've got tons in common, and he's cute. He lives ages away, but I reckon he might be worth travelling for!

G-Money wrote: »
    I think I just found my dream woman on OKCupid. I hope she replies to my mail... in a positive way! :D

I knew I spoke too soon. :pac: She's checked out my profile and probably read my mail but hasn't replied. Good to see some things never change!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

I knew I spoke too soon. :pac: She's checked out my profile and probably read my mail but hasn't replied. Good to see some things never change!

Chin up. Plenty more em... fish in the sea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

Samich wrote: »
    Ah. She could have just said it like! Peevs me off.

A handy rule of thumb is that anything which isn't a "yes" is a "no".

Of course sometimes people really are just busy/distracted or in a bad mood. That's what makes it all so...errr...interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

Panthro wrote: »
    Yeah she mentioned she would be going out with her mates and might call into one of the pubs that I mentioned with the mates. (To be honest, I was thinking perhaps she wants it to appear as a chance encounter in front of the mates, she might not like people knowing she was meeting someone off the interwebs! But that's just me thinking out loud)
    So I said sound if you are in town and want to meet up, give me a text. And after that, if I hear from her I hear from her and if not, I'm none too worried.

did anything come of it last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

So to join, or not to join, that is the question.................... Hmmm...........

I re-joined MaybeFriends a while back and never bothered setting up my profile. They sent me a mail offering me full membership for €4.99 for a month so I've given that a go. Let's see what happens (probably feck all) haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Yeah she mentioned she would be going out with her mates and might call into one of the pubs that I mentioned with the mates. (To be honest, I was thinking perhaps she wants it to appear as a chance encounter in front of the mates, she might not like people knowing she was meeting someone off the interwebs! But that's just me thinking out loud)
    So I said sound if you are in town and want to meet up, give me a text. And after that, if I hear from her I hear from her and if not, I'm none too worried.

did anything come of it last night?

Nope, didn't hear a word from her.
    Got a text this morning from her apologising for not being out last night and asking hoe my night went. Im feeling "meh" about replying to be honest.

Got a text this morning from her apologising for not being out last night and asking hoe my night went. Im feeling "meh" about replying to be honest.
    Yeah I think you're right to be honest, she sounds like a bit of a headf***..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Yeah I think you're right to be honest, she sounds like a bit of a headf***..

To be fair to her she did mention that her gran was sick so she couldn't go out, that's fine with me. Would have been nice to have gotten a text last night to say she wouldn't make it out though.

Possible date on Tuesday and then another one during the weekend. Schweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Leave her off I say Panthro, just sounds messy in general.

To be fair to her she did mention that her gran was sick so she couldn't go out, that's fine with me. Would have been nice to have gotten a text last night to say she wouldn't make it out though.

That's fair enough but I still think she's stringing you along.

Just send some bland reply but nothing that requires a response, then delete her number. You are better off spending your time responding to someone who's actually interested in meeting you, rather than messing you around until she thinks someone better comes along.

Exactly, takes 10 seconds to send a text
    Possible date on Tuesday and then another one during the weekend. Schweet.

Go you :D
    That's fair enough but I still think she's stringing you along.

Just send some bland reply but nothing that requires a response, then delete her number. You are better off spending your time responding to someone who's actually interested in meeting you, rather than messing you around until she thinks someone better comes along.

I 2nd that

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

To be fair, I've shít going on in my life at the moment but I will still be decent enough to text someone back.

Fuk that shít man. Tell her to jog on.

• Advertisement

Exactly, takes 10 seconds to send a text

This is true. Think of it this way. Think back to the last time you were in touch with someone you had just met or really liked or whatever. Did you hang around and not reply to texts? No fecking way, you reply as soon as you read it! I guess the point I'm making is, if it's someone you are interested in, you will make the effort. If it's not, you won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Axe her Panthro. No point in wrecking your head over it. Not worth it whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

I think you might be right about the chance encounter thing, maybe her friends wanted to go somewhere else and she couldn't seem too pushed about it.

sharper wrote: »
    I think you might be right about the chance encounter thing, maybe her friends wanted to go somewhere else and she couldn't seem too pushed about it.

True enough, but personally speaking, I would still send a quick text even along the lines of won't be around your neck of the woods tonight but have a good one and talk to you soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Had a really nice time last night. Went to Cafe En Seine which was quite nice. Never been there before. Lots of laughs, a debate as to whether Ashbourne is part of Dublin (which it clearly is) and... well I won't kiss and tell...

I mean... Ah crap. Forget you read that last bit.

Look right here please:

t10neuralizer.jpg

:pac:

That_Guy wrote: »
    Had a really nice time last night. Went to Cafe En Seine which was quite nice. Never been there before. Lots of laughs, a debate as to whether Ashbourne is part of Dublin (which it clearly is) and... well I won't kiss and tell...

I mean... Ah crap. Forget you read that last bit.

Look right here please:

t10neuralizer.jpg

Yay, love a good date story.. Next one lined up?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

Have to say I love this thread and make sure I keep a regular check of what is going on.

It is lovely to hear the success stories and I know the feeling with the not so good success stories.

As for me I have decided to try again but with a more positive mind frame, heavy doses of reality, an armed rhino hide and lots and lots of patience. I don't go out clubbing / pubbing as my friends are married and not into that, the few single friends I have don't want to go out so that is a no go for me. The hobbies I enjoy are largely female based and I work with one other person (female) so other than the net, I can't really see a way of meeting someone and I'm not suited to convent living.

I have signed up with match.com but so far it is proving to be an annoying site to navigate round and its not that well populated plus the searching facility is a bit irritating but I only need to meet one person but I wouldn't recommend it as it is quite costly. I think I will brave POF again once I get a few decent pics sorted as it seems to attract the most people.

miec wrote: »
    Have to say I love this thread and make sure I keep a regular check of what is going on.

It is lovely to hear the success stories and I know the feeling with the not so good success stories.

As for me I have decided to try again but with a more positive mind frame, heavy doses of reality, an armed rhino hide and lots and lots of patience. I don't go out clubbing / pubbing as my friends are married and not into that, the few single friends I have don't want to go out so that is a no go for me. The hobbies I enjoy are largely female based and I work with one other person (female) so other than the net, I can't really see a way of meeting someone and I'm not suited to convent living.

I have signed up with match.com but so far it is proving to be an annoying site to navigate round and its not that well populated plus the searching facility is a bit irritating but I only need to meet one person but I wouldn't recommend it as it is quite costly. I think I will brave POF again once I get a few decent pics sorted as it seems to attract the most people.

Feck it get yourself out there girl, I wasn't mad into OKC but a lot of people on here have raved about it.. Speaking of success stories, how many people are still with the peeps they met online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Well there is a couple that met through this thread that are together and we also have a couple that met at our last beers too.

tGC,spreading love around the world.

• Advertisement

Well there is a couple that met through this thread that are together and we also have a couple that met at our last beers too.

tGC,spreading love around the world.

balls to OKC & POF... Boards is where it's at :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement