Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

So I have a date lined up for tomorrow night (which I will believe when it happens) & a possible for next Sunday. I had a call with the latter this lunchtime and the call went well but it was a bit meh at the end. I'm not sure if that feeling was actually there or if it was just my mood LOL

Panthro... I have to agree. It's not happening. Delete the number & move on.

That_Guy... WHOOT! That's great news :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Cianan2 wrote: »
    No replies from any girls all week, another saturday night in alone! Thank god under siege is on...

I know the feeling mate :rolleyes:

So to join, or not to join, that is the question.................... Hmmm...........

I say "not to join".....sure you will probably meet someone off this quicker!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

is it possible to make yourself invisable on POF?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

molly09 wrote: »
    is it possible to make yourself invisable on POF?

You can hide your profile, if you go into the edit profile section, but I think you'll still show up if you've viewed someone.. I think..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Wadi

Dont think so Molly..but just it joined recently. For all of you 21-32 year olds females on POF..theres plenty of cuties! Whats the average number of mail exchanges before its meet up or move on time?

well the best of luck to you, I am in my 30's and pretty slim selection but your right there is loads in their 20's.

I met one guy so far and we chatted on the fone a few times before meeting up and I am no expert but I woudl recommend this. Least it gave some base for a conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Wadi

I'm well into my 30's too! Thats why I'm envious of the younger women! Not on the site looking for a penpal but hard to know when to initiate a date..I guess if they're interested they'll bite!

yea Thats what I found also, there was this one guy that I really wanted to ask to meet so many times and tonite he asked about meeting, this is weeks later, I am so glad I did not ask as I think it may have scared him off or something.

gud luck with it, Its tough been single in teh 30's

pm me if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

So, I was internetless for a full week. returned to find I actually had quite a few messages. Sadly all were either from girls living far too far away to be considered viable matches or women considerably older than my own mother. Not to mention the "How r u?" messages.
    Oh well, at least my mailbox is working...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Hi,it's been a while since I been on this, just want to ask the ladies what's the best way to get a response of Ye on the First MSG/intro. I know Ye get loads of mail on POF.being really unlucky since I started again.

Why can women not go on dates with men in their 20's? I'm in my mid twenties and gone on successful dates when women in they're 20's, 30's and 40's......all have led to 2nd dates too!! Why not give it a go with the younger gentleman?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Why can women not go on dates with men in their 20's? I'm in my mid twenties and gone on successful dates when women in they're 20's, 30's and 40's......all have led to 2nd dates too!! Why not give it a go with the younger gentleman?

Maybe they're not into younger lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Obviously sarcastic humour doesn't transfer well on to the internet :rolleyes:

Got a message this morning going: your're kinda cute.

my reply: only kinda? :-)

Got a message back: Do you not want the compliment?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I messaged a couple of girls yesterday on OKCupid and also MaybeFriends. So far, zero replies even though they've been online and checked out my profile. Got to love that consistency! :cool:

As I suspected tonight's date is not happening. Ah well. Onwards & upwards.

LoTwan wrote: »

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

mariebeth wrote: »
    Obviously sarcastic humour doesn't transfer well on to the internet :rolleyes:

Ha, its utterly bizarre when that happens. Someone messages me something jokey, I respond in kind and they take it seriously. I don't know how that's supposed to work!

That_Guy wrote: »

What happened?

He was supposed to call lt night to make plans & I haven't heard from him. His phone is going straight to voice mail. I suspect his wife arrived home.

There's always Clara on Thursday afternoon for NSA LOL (which I'm not availing of)

I suspect his wife arrived home.

Whoa!! What?? :eek:

• Advertisement

That's a hypothesis. I don't know that he's married. I was being sarcastic ;)

Sarcasm doesn't transfer well on the internet......has someone said this before??

Sarcasm doesn't transfer well on the internet......has someone said this before??

I thought that when I was typing it :-) (where is the sarcastic warning smilie when you need it? )

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

After a two month break I've decided to throw myself back into the mixing pool of online dating, lets hope this session bears more fruit than my previous ventures, though on that note I'm sure I'll need to give the profile a rejig and some fresh photos.

I just got a message on AnotherFriend from a guy in South Carolina. I suspect he didn't look at my location before he wrote me an essay LOL. I replied and let him know where I live :-) he's also 18 years older than me!

I need some new photos on my profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

So, same girl from a few days ago has messaged me today asking if I was around later.
    I didn't bother me arsé replying to her last message, so I wasn't expecting to hear from her again. Now part of me is considering replying, I just don't know what to say to her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

POF is turning me into such a grammar nazi. :pac:

Panthro, she still sounds like a headcase...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

POF is turning me into such a grammar nazi. :pac:

You were never anything but :P

Panthro wrote: »
    So, same girl from a few days ago has messaged me today asking if I was around later.
    I didn't bother me arsé replying to her last message, so I wasn't expecting to hear from her again. Now part of me is considering replying, I just don't know what to say to her!

Don't do it. She is inconsistent at best. She will continue to wreck your head :-(

*i should listen to my own advice*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Galvasean wrote: »
    You were never anything but :P

You forgot about the full stop there. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement