Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Panthro wrote: »
    I believe I owe about half the thread a massive "I apologize, I should have listened to ye earlier". She's been texting a fair bit today, asking to meet. Eventually I said ok, will 8pm in town suit suit. A resounding yes was the reply. 9pm came and she says she's still in ballinasloe.
    And she can fùcking stay there for all I care at this stage. And on that note, im off for a pint. Apologies to all ye who have reading my guff about this girl the past few days. Lesson learned on Panthro's part.

Nah no need to apologise lad. It's your call at the end of the day. At least you know for sure that you're better off without. Sure at least Chelsea are winning. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Panthro wrote: »
    She's been texting a fair bit today, asking to meet. Eventually I said ok, will 8pm in town suit suit. A resounding yes was the reply. 9pm came and she says she's still in ballinasloe.
    And she can fùcking stay there for all I care at this stage.

Glad you've come about to this opinion. Yer wan sounds awfully callous.
    Like I mentioned earlier I've encountered quite a few similar girls from online dating. They seem to be more likely to jerk you (one?) about when they meet you online. Like they don't value the feelings of 'internet people' or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Think I'll deactivate the aul' profiles for a while. Still kinda unsure if it's for me or not based on the dates I've had since joining. I also have all my eggs in the "you'll probably meet someone amazing when you're not even looking basket"
    :pac:

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be back and of course, keeping an eye on the thread to see how ye all are getting on! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

GrumPy wrote: »
    Think I'll deactivate the aul' profiles for a while. Still kinda unsure if it's for me or not based on the dates I've had since joining. I also have all my eggs in the "you'll probably meet someone amazing when you're not even looking basket"
    :pac:

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be back and of course, keeping an eye on the thread to see how ye all are getting on! :)

It can be very disheartening. I had joined for a good few months before meeting anyone I even wanted to meet in person. Call me picky, but that's just the way I roll. A friend joined based on my recommendations and met someone within a few weeks and has just returned from holidays with him! I'm envious as to how lucky she was but anyway :) Happy for her too. I like when people are happy, and love makes people happy :)

Mail a gal.
    Notice she viewed profile after said mail.
    Continue clicking refresh...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I'm sort of leaning towards taking a different approach. Twistedly I sort of want the award for most ignored guy on those sites :confused: :cool:

If you're being ignored/not getting replies, there has to be a fundamental reason.

If you're being ignored/not getting replies, there has to be a fundamental reason.

Aye, and I don't want to think what it might be! :o

G-Money wrote: »
    Aye, and I don't want to think what it might be! :o

Do you know why it is? :P

Do you know why it is? :P

I have my suspicions alright...

• Advertisement

Bitches be crazy? :pac:

I have my suspicions alright...

What's wrong with you ? :P

Oh and Galvasean, believe me, women ARE crazy! And I'm fully within my rights to say that as I am one! [A woman, not a crazy!]

What's wrong with you ? :P

Not getting into it on here!

Not getting into it on here!

Sorry, too nosy! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

Had date sat, was hoping it would turn into second date but alas not to be. I have to say it was a masterclass in rejection on her part though, i came off the phone feeling great about myself even though she was shooting me down :pac::pac:

Am messaging today with another girl which may or may not lead to date. I have to say in these early days i'm finding the whole internet dating experience strange but fun, my approach is to have zero expectations, i think if it ever becomes a chore rather than fun ill drop it.

@ panthro , just reading your posts re the girl you were meant to meet, think of that as a bullet dodged mate, delete number , its pretty shabby way to treat someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

OOoh never delete the number!! It may lead to confusion further down the line. :o :pac:

Larianne wrote: »
    OOoh never delete the number!! It may lead to confusion further down the line. :o :pac:

I usually memorise the last 3 or 4 digits of a number that I think might pop-up again. That way I know to ignore it but at the same time, I don't know enough of it that I would end up calling or texting during a moment of weakness/horniness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

I usually memorise the last 3 or 4 digits of a number that I think might pop-up again. That way I know to ignore it but at the same time, I don't know enough of it that I would end up calling or texting during a moment of weakness/horniness.

Wow.

That's exactly what I do! Although in this day and age it's not an absolutely straight forward process deleting numbers with automatic backups and all but that method can save you in a moment of weakness as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Larianne wrote: »

I broke my own rule this weekend when I saved 2 numbers into my phone. It was too confusing having phone calls and texts from unnamed mobile numbers. One of them is getting deleted now. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Anny Hall

Ok so had a date with guy who described himself on profile as a really motivated, high achiever,into his appearance etc. TBH was worried that he was going to be completely full of himself so was little hesitant.

Met him and he was quite insecure, put himself down a lot not how he came across on profile. Not attractive when someone keeps pointing out their insecurities but there was something genuine about him and I enjoyed the date. He texted me after to say can't believe how nice and attractive you are.

Get a text next day asking to meet up. Had told him I was going away during date so reminded him that I was not around. Texted him later that day to say have a nice weekend and nothing since! That was Friday!

Am not going to lose sleep over it but still annoying. From reading this thread it seems that this is the norm! Also, people can really misrepresent themselves on profiles, not just about looks but personality etc. Minefield....not for faint hearted. Can see how people get disillusioned with the whole experience!

• Advertisement

Anny Hall wrote: »
    Ok so had a date with guy who described himself on profile as a really motivated, high achiever,into his appearance etc. TBH was worried that he was going to be completely full of himself so was little hesitant.

Met him and he was quite insecure, put himself down a lot not how he came across on profile. Not attractive when someone keeps pointing out their insecurities but there was something genuine about him and I enjoyed the date. He texted me after to say can't believe how nice and attractive you are.

Get a text next day asking to meet up. Had told him I was going away during date so reminded him that I was not around. Texted him later that day to say have a nice weekend and nothing since! That was Friday!

Am not going to lose sleep over it but still annoying. From reading this thread it seems that this is the norm! Also, people can really misrepresent themselves on profiles, not just about looks but personality etc. Minefield....not for faint hearted. Can see how people get disillusioned with the whole experience!

Maybe he thinks you are not interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Anny Hall

Anny Hall wrote: »

Maybe he thinks you are not interested?

I told him that I enjoyed the date and that I wouldn't have stayed so long if I wasn't having a good time....but not sure if he believed it. I don't feel I should have to convince him further though, thought I was clear enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Just reading a profile there... every sentence ends with 'tanx be to jaysus'

Made me grin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Just got this beauty.....

'wanna take my virginity?'

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

newbee22 wrote: »

You'd be insane to turn down an offer like that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Guaranteed action.....win/win situation! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Have a date on Thursday. He's a Munster fan, but I won't hold that against him, ha ha! Am also supposed to have another date on Saturday, but the guy seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet since Sunday, so I'll be very surprised if that one happens.

Got rumbled by another Boardsie yesterday too...

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Have a date on Thursday. He's a Munster fan, but I won't hold that against him, ha ha! Am also supposed to have another date on Saturday, but the guy seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet since Sunday, so I'll be very surprised if that one happens.

Got rumbled by another Boardsie yesterday too...

That's funny, guy i was talking to also hasn't been around. They must have got rumbled by the mrs over easter :pac:

What's rumbled?
    newbee22 wrote: »

Was talking with my sis yesterday and she showed me the strangest one I've encountered yet:
    "My best friend died 2 months ago. Do you think it's too soon to ride his missus?"
    [attached picture of an attractive woman]

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Galvasean wrote: »
    What's rumbled?

Sussed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement