Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Advice please?...:( Got a message from a chap very polite, seems nice but i am totally not interested. Do i reply saying thanks but no or do i just leave it as i don't want get into a conversation and not sure what i'd say anyway:o. I know it takes a lot of effort for some people so i don't want to be mean. Better to just leave it?:confused:

On a brighter note still getting mails from lads in their 20's. They all want me for my scintilating personality and because they think we have a lot in common apparently!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Galvasean wrote: »
    What's rumbled?

Was talking with my sis yesterday and she showed me the strangest one I've encountered yet:
    "My best friend died 2 months ago. Do you think it's too soon to ride his missus?"
    [attached picture of an attractive woman]

:confused:

Jaysus. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    Advice please?...:( Got a message from a chap very polite, seems nice but i am totally not interested. Do i reply saying thanks but no or do i just leave it as i don't want get into a conversation and not sure what i'd say anyway:o. I know it takes a lot of effort for some people so i don't want to be mean. Better to just leave it?:confused:

I'd say leave it. IMO the only thing worse* than sending out mails and getting no replies is getting into a conversation and thinking you might be on to a winner only for it to fizzle out to nothing.

*i say 'the only thing' but there are worse things, like agreeing on a date and then them disappearing on you or turning up for a date and them not turning up (this is why I have a Cineworld Unlimited Card people!)
    Also if a date goes badly I like to buy comic books and read them on the train home (I'm such a catch!)

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Got my first married guy yesterday. Well, that I know of, anyway! Bored in his marriage and "looking for fun". I replied with "My husband left me for another woman, I have zero interest in a married man". And he sent me back a really nice reply saying how sorry he was to hear that :confused: I was like "Stop bloody cheating on your wife, then!"

Didn't actually say that to him cause I didn't want to get into an exchange with him, but I was thinking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

What's rumbled?

Was talking with my sis yesterday and she showed me the strangest one I've encountered yet:
    "My best friend died 2 months ago. Do you think it's too soon to ride his missus?"
    [attached picture of an attractive woman]

:confused:
    Oh my, there are no words! :eek:

awec wrote: »
    If you reply make sure you make it totally clear you're not interested! :)

Have these 20 year old guys turned your head toward a younger model then? :pac:

Thanks for advice guys. Think i'm going to leave it.

Yep I'm all for the younger guy now! I'm grooming one at the moment. I shall make him take me home and introduce me to his Mammy. That'll put an end to that quick enough!!:p

You'll make him introduce you to his ma?

Very old fashioned and traditional are we Channel?

Yep old fashioned kind of girl me!

Can you imagine though?.. A young lad introducing his girlfriend, same age as his ma?.. The irish mammy would have him locked in his bedroom before you could say cougar!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

You'll make him introduce you to his ma?

Very old fashioned and traditional are we Channel?

I got introduced to my man's ma and da for the first time the other day!

And more importantly I also got introduced to their dog. Who, I think, likes me more than he likes my boy ... though that wouldn't be hard! :pac:

And we met through Boards/OKC ... see, internet dating success story right there! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

(this is why I have a Cineworld Unlimited Card people!)
    Also if a date goes badly I like to buy comic books and read them on the train home (I'm such a catch!)

Wanna go on a date sometime. We can go to the cinema and Forbidden Planet. <3 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

I have to admit I'm ignoring the 20 somethings. I'm just not going there. I got 2 (relatively long winded) messages from guys yesterday that I knew straight off were not my type. It's so disappointing when they at least put the effort into writing more than "hi der hun"

Thursday's coffee has been moved to today! I'm not dressed for the occasion but needs must when the babysitter is free!

The guy that I was supposed to meet last night blocked me on POF so I was right in my evaluation of that situation. Obviously gets his kicks from being a windup merchant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

What about me Armaghmagic? :)

Your asking people have they any dating stories to tell, have you??

• Registered Users Posts: 39 murhatchi

Long time no post :) Having another go at POF and started a reasonable chat with a girl. Then I get this:

"hmmm i think ur married or at least attached"

I replied I am well and truly detached and I can provide references. (female pal also on POF.)

And then I get: "i wish u well with pof. take care"

WTF:confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Have a date on Thursday. He's a Munster fan, but I won't hold that against him, ha ha! Am also supposed to have another date on Saturday, but the guy seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet since Sunday, so I'll be very surprised if that one happens.

Got rumbled by another Boardsie yesterday too...

I think I'm the one responsible there!

Today's meet & greet went well. We are meeting again on Sunday. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Decided to take a break, POF account is gone.

Haven't the heart to get rid of my OKC one yet, must..press..button!

Anyways, Ill be doing major creeping here still so good luck to everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

OKCupid keeps putting Bisexual girls in my matches thingy. I wish it would stop!

G-Money wrote: »
    OKCupid keeps putting Bisexual girls in my matches thingy. I wish it would stop!

Can you not select men in your settings?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

LoTwan wrote: »

I think he's looking for straight wimmins. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

That would be a million times worse :D

G-Money wrote: »

That would be a million times worse :D

Sorry... I'm a little distracted this evening LOL

That_Guy wrote: »
    Wanna go on a date sometime. We can go to the cinema and Forbidden Planet. <3 :pac:

It's Dublin City Comics for me, the guy who runs the place has a cameo in the Maximum Dinobots :D

My_cameo_in_Maximum_Dinobots_by_JasonFlood.jpg

The guy in the white shirt with the headphones (not that I've ever seen him in a shirt)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I am heading to speed dating tomorrow evening in Cafe en seine as organised by firstdate.ie! I will report back on what its like to all my single and fab boardies :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

panda100 wrote: »
    I am heading to speed dating tomorrow evening in Cafe en seine as organised by firstdate.ie! I will report back on what its like to all my single and fab boardies :)

I went on a speed dating thing before. I really enjoyed it. Ended up dating a guy for a few months. Then I went travelling. Would love to go to another one

Oh, some people have been speed dating. Always wanted to try that. Tell me more...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Oh, some people have been speed dating. Always wanted to try that. Tell me more...

I went (with a few boards girls actually) in some place in Temple Bar (the name escapes me). Loved it, it was a bit awkward when we got there initially but once we all sat down it was grand. Basically the guys moved clockwise and the girls stayed sitting. About 5mins at each table. It was good fun and I'd do it again. We were given a notebook and we could mark yes/no/friends and then we had to log onto their website to fill in the forms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

The website is http://www.firstdate.ie. You got to pre-register for €20, and you get 15 speed dates!I'm heading along with a friend of mine. I have no idea what it'll be like, but hopefully it'll be a bit of fun :)

• Advertisement

5 minutes?

To be honest it sounds like an easy gig for the girls and a lot of pressure for the guys.

The only difference is the guys have to change seats!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement