Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

awec wrote: »
    5 minutes?

To be honest it sounds like an easy gig for the girls and a lot of pressure for the guys.

Another example for the men's discrimination thread :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Do the guys mark cards as well?

Ya, and then you could only contact people who had ticked yes or friend for you. So if you ticked no for someone but they ticked yes to you, they couldn't contact you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Daisies wrote: »
    Ya, and then you could only contact people who had ticked yes or friend for you. So if you ticked no for someone but they ticked yes to you, they couldn't contact you.

Do you ever sneak a peek at the person who just left to see what they are marking on their card?? :)

I'm a disaster with names too, I can see myself marking the wrong person with the wrong thing haha :D Seriously though, I'm awful. Like if I met someone and they introduced themselves and literally 2 seconds later I was asked what their name was, I wouldn't have a clue!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Daisies wrote: »

Oh Gawd I hope I get a tick!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

G-Money wrote: »
    Do you ever sneak a peek at the person who just left to see what they are marking on their card?? :)

I'm a disaster with names too, I can see myself marking the wrong person with the wrong thing haha :D Seriously though, I'm awful. Like if I met someone and they introduced themselves and literally 2 seconds later I was asked what their name was, I wouldn't have a clue!

I made little notes on each person as they left. Memory is not the best, so much so that when I was going on the date as a result of the speed dating, I wasn't hugely sure what he looked like. The girls who came with me to the speed dating could only add that he was freckly :rolleyes:
    Ah that makes more sense.

When you first described it I thought the girls did the marking and it was up to the guys to try and impress as many as they could to try and get that "yes" tick.

Nah, that'd be terribly unfair altogether

panda100 wrote: »
    Oh Gawd I hope I get a tick!!

Trust me, there will be a at least one or two who you will not want a tick from :p

Still, it's bound to be tough to form an opinion of someone, or indeed talk about enough so someone else can form an opinion of you in 5 minutes.

Oh definately. But after, a lot of people hung around for a few drinks but I think that's half to fun of it. If you want to get to know someone better, go on a date!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

Have lurked this thread for a long time...

One for the girls - did anyone on pof get a message saying "please can i be your online slave and do anything you say mistress" accompanied by a photo of a guy on all fours in the buff?

I replied and told him to send me the passwords to his online banking... now we play the waiting game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Gawd, speed dating sounds hellish. For the guys at least. I wouldn't say it turns out good with them being under pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

YumCha wrote: »

One for the girls - did anyone on pof get a message saying "please can i be your online slave and do anything you say mistress" accompanied by a photo of a guy on all fours in the buff?

I replied and told him to send me the passwords to his online banking... now we play the waiting game ;)

Pfft, you'd need my user ID, date of birth and mobile number as well, I'm not that stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Look at all those weirdos and oddballs on POF at 2.30am...

Oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 seeker11

I found out a guy who I was chatting to last year for a while, he told me exactly where he lived,his website and everything (& ended up sending me a pic of his dic k in the middle of one night) was married.....
    Like why??? Kicks?

And last week the guy I was chatting to called me up to see if I wanted to meet him,then couldn't remember if he was engaged/married but said he was in a relationship that wasn't that serious....and was taken aback when I told him I was hanging up! Like, everyone I chat to seems to be hitched!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Yep, both me and my friend got that one. He's obviously using the "scattergun" approach, cause we couldn't be more different, both in looks and personality.

Freak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

seeker11 wrote: »
    I found out a guy who I was chatting to last year for a while, he told me exactly where he lived,his website and everything (& ended up sending me a pic of his dic k in the middle of one night) was married.....
    Like why??? Kicks?

And last week the guy I was chatting to called me up to see if I wanted to meet him,then couldn't remember if he was engaged/married but said he was in a relationship that wasn't that serious....and was taken aback when I told him I was hanging up! Like, everyone I chat to seems to be hitched!

I'm not.......though you are not talking to me which renders this post useless :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Honey-ec wrote: »

Yep, both me and my friend got that one. He's obviously using the "scattergun" approach, cause we couldn't be more different, both in looks and personality.

Freak.

I promise I've learned my lesson and it won't happen again......haha

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

I believe I owe about half the thread a massive "I apologize, I should have listened to ye earlier". She's been texting a fair bit today, asking to meet. Eventually I said ok, will 8pm in town suit suit. A resounding yes was the reply. 9pm came and she says she's still in ballinasloe.
    And she can fùcking stay there for all I care at this stage. And on that note, im off for a pint. Apologies to all ye who have reading my guff about this girl the past few days. Lesson learned on Panthro's part.

@Panthroe I had similar experience and I was glad I gave that person the number of opportunities I felt was needed before I 'saw' he was a messer. It's not nice but the failing is in them not you, or my case not me.

I tried speed dating once but it was just too fast and I felt sorry for the men having to swap chairs every five minutes to the blare of an airhorn (hideous). I couldn't remember a single person, well except for one but he was memorable for being very vain and having a large nose.

Lol at all the weird e-mails people are getting, at the moment I have not had one e-mail from match.com and I'm really annoyed I paid the three month subscription, I have done searches and e-mailed one guy who sounds interesting and he ignored it but otherwise there isn't really that many people that I want to e-mail. Hopefully it will improve but will join POF at the weekend as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

miec wrote: »
    I tried speed dating once but it was just too fast

I laughed.... Sorry. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

I couldn't do speed dating. I blush far too easily LOL but I have to admit that with the last few guys I met I have known inside 5 minutes whether I wanted to see them again. And that has surprised me.

I am very disappointed that I didn't get offered a slave. I obviously didn't fall inside the scatter parameters LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What is an "online slave"?

Is it somebody who'll do your online shopping? I'd quite like one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

seeker11 wrote: »
    ! Like, everyone I chat to seems to be hitched!

What age group do you fall into if I may ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 seeker11

What age group do you fall into if I may ask?

Early-mid 30.

Guys were around the same, maybe more mid-thirties. :-S

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

panda100 wrote: »
    I am heading to speed dating tomorrow evening in Cafe en seine as organised by firstdate.ie! I will report back on what its like to all my single and fab boardies :)

Thank god I just read this! Meant to be having a date in this exact place tonight. It would have been very awkward :D looks like we will be going somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

There appears to be some kind of beacon on my profile that only the horndogs and hook-up artists are able to see.

I have no problem with either of these types as long as they're upfront about it, but I'm getting a bit tired of 17 "Hey seksy" messages a day, it has to be said...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

There appears to be some kind of beacon on my profile that only the horndogs and hook-up artists are able to see.

I have no problem with either of these types as long as they're upfront about it, but I'm getting a bit tired of 17 "Hey seksy" messages a day, it has to be said...

How about you have mailing parameters on your profile, would probably help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

G-Money wrote: »
    OKCupid keeps putting Bisexual girls in my matches thingy. I wish it would stop!

Not sure why you care about their sexuality but you can set your preferences to straight girls only on okcupid, you probably have all girls that like men selected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Yup, a few times as well!

Think one of my friends on POF actually has him as her online slave, and keeps coming up with worse and worse tasks for him :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Your a bit too fanciable for your own good! Although your post kind of sounds like that Brick woman who complained about how difficult it was to be good looking :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement