Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Honey-ec wrote: »
    There appears to be some kind of beacon on my profile that only the horndogs and hook-up artists are able to see.

I have no problem with either of these types as long as they're upfront about it, but I'm getting a bit tired of 17 "Hey seksy" messages a day, it has to be said...

Online dating does lose its shine after a while when you get a lot of those messages.

Perhaps because you're profile is quite short, that maybe it gives off the impression of up for anything? Although in saying that, those type of guys never read what's written, they just see a pretty face and go a bit nuts. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Samich wrote: »
    How about you have mailing parameters on your profile, would probably help.

I will if I ever actually log on from a proper pc again, my laptop is fooked and you don't seem to be able to do it from the app.
    Larianne wrote: »
    Online dating does lose its shine after a while when you get a lot of those messages.

Perhaps because you're profile is quite short, that maybe it gives off the impression of up for anything? Although in saying that, those type of guys never read what's written, they just see a pretty face and go a bit nuts. :pac:

I would dearly love to know how listing my interests as "Playing knifey-spoony" translates into "up for anything", ha ha!
    Augmerson wrote: »
    your post kind of sounds like that Brick woman who complained about how difficult it was to be good looking :P

Oi!

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

awec wrote: »
    What the flip is knifey spooney.

It's a Simpsons quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

seeker11 wrote: »
    I found out a guy who I was chatting to last year for a while, he told me exactly where he lived,his website and everything (& ended up sending me a pic of his dic k in the middle of one night) was married.....
    Like why??? Kicks?

And last week the guy I was chatting to called me up to see if I wanted to meet him,then couldn't remember if he was engaged/married but said he was in a relationship that wasn't that serious....and was taken aback when I told him I was hanging up! Like, everyone I chat to seems to be hitched!

No way? how'd you find out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,005 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

awec wrote: »
    What the flip is knifey spooney.

Leave the internet right now...... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

sharper wrote: »
    Not sure why you care about their sexuality but you can set your preferences to straight girls only on okcupid, you probably have all girls that like men selected.

I thought I had it already set to that, perhaps not.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 seeker11

seeker11 wrote: »
    I found out a guy who I was chatting to last year for a while, he told me exactly where he lived,his website and everything (& ended up sending me a pic of his dic k in the middle of one night) was married.....
    Like why??? Kicks?

And last week the guy I was chatting to called me up to see if I wanted to meet him,then couldn't remember if he was engaged/married but said he was in a relationship that wasn't that serious....and was taken aback when I told him I was hanging up! Like, everyone I chat to seems to be hitched!

No way? how'd you find out?

I bumped into someone I knew where he was from. Ireland is too small!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

So after reading some of the comments/stories here, I'm not really feeling too enthused about rejoining the online dating world!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

So after reading some of the comments/stories here, I'm not really feeling too enthused about rejoining the online dating world!! :P

Cool, another member for my new site www.sickofinternetdating.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 seeker11

Cool, another member for my new site www.sickofinternetdating.com[/Quote]

I've paid three months subscription. :-)

I don't WANT To be sick of dating though! I like meeting new people; the excitement, the laughs, getting to know someone! Is it just that there's not that many cool people around anymore?! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

Yup, a few times as well!

Think one of my friends on POF actually has him as her online slave, and keeps coming up with worse and worse tasks for him :P

Anything useful? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

So just back from my www.firstdate.ie speed dating in Cafe en seine. It actually wasn't that bad!I was pleasantly surprised. A really nice mix of guys. Far more girls then there was guys, so I had to sit alone for four minutes at least five times. That was probably the only downside.I would definitely recommend it for something different to do on a Wednesday night, and made a nice change from the faceless messaging in internet dating world.

I find out tomorrow If I get ticked by the people I liked, fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

panda100 wrote: »
    So just back from my www.firstdate.ie speed dating in Cafe en seine. It actually wasn't that bad!I was pleasantly surprised. A really nice mix of guys. Far more girls then there was guys, so I had to sit alone for four minutes at least five times. That was probably the only downside.I would definitely recommend it for something different to do on a Wednesday night, and made a nice change from the faceless messaging in internet dating world.

Did you find it difficult to start conversations or like, did it feel more like an interview of sorts?

Have never done speed dating, would imagine it's quite hard to get bits said about you and also listen to them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Wow,very surprised at that,thought there would have been alot more blokes than women.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Aquila wrote: »
    Dont worry mate was chatting to a girl on pof and as soon as i mentioned being a Chelsea fan she disapears:pac:

Smart girl. Wanna PM me her username?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Wow,very surprised at that,thought there would have been alot more blokes than women.

That's next Wednesday night's entertainment sorted for you so :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Did you find it difficult to start conversations or like, did it feel more like an interview of sorts?

Well it really depended on the person. There was some people whom had a list of questions already done up in their head so that made the conversation more stilted and difficult. The 4 minutes is up quite fast, but it gives you enough time to realise whether you'll actually fancy someone or not.

There was about 15 women there and 10 men. The women all seemed very attractive and nice when I was chatting to them at the bar at half time. The guys were all very decent sorts. There was two whom put me off because they just had far too many 'lines'. One guy kept on asking me if I was doing some undercover research on speed dating because there was no possible way I could be single. I prefer more natural,honest and fun conversation than those type of lothario lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

tatumkelly wrote: »
    That's next Wednesday night's entertainment sorted for you so :p

Hah.I dont think I would ever go to anything like that tbh,be too weirded out in case I met an ex or a friend or something.
    :o

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Hah.I dont think I would ever go to anything like that tbh,be too weirded out in case I met an ex or a friend or something.
    :o

Let's do it...

GET ALL THE WOMEN!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,005 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Well it really depended on the person. There was some people whom had a list of questions already done up in their head so that made the conversation more stilted and difficult. The 4 minutes is up quite fast, but it gives you enough time to realise whether you'll actually fancy someone or not.

There was about 15 women there and 10 men. The women all seemed very attractive and nice when I was chatting to them at the bar at half time. The guys were all very decent sorts. There was two whom put me off because they just had far too many 'lines'. One guy kept on asking me if I was doing some undercover research on speed dating because there was no possible way I could be single. I prefer more natural,honest and fun conversation than those type of lothario lines.

Very curious as to what the age range was like for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mc_grens

That made me laugh.

So I rejoined. And already, I'm not feeling it, and after answering all those damn questions at the beginning too! :P

Was wondering why women profiles kept appearing along the top, turns out I had my profile set to 'Seeking a woman'!!! Thankfully I've noticed that now!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Fair play for rejoining stripy, I'm already thinking of deleting mine! Whats the age group of these speed-dating things??

I've put mine on 'hide' already :/ Just not feeling it. No idea bout the speed dating things - never been to one. Don't know if I would. Suppose there's no harm in them though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement