Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

well I told ya's all jus after christmas that I was goin on a date with someone I met on pof.

So a lil update, we have been seeing each other since then, and decided the other night to get into a relationship.. The whole pof thing seemed to be weird at first but I'm glad that I found her... :)

Don't give up anyways, I gave up a few times, an went back to it, And this time I found her.

Actually really happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Balfie wrote: »
    well I told ya's all jus after christmas that I was goin on a date with someone I met on pof.

So a lil update, we have been seeing each other since then, and decided the other night to get into a relationship.. The whole pof thing seemed to be weird at first but I'm glad that I found her... :)

Don't give up anyways, I gave up a few times, an went back to it, And this time I found her.

Actually really happy.

That's great news. Congratulations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Balfie wrote: »

Actually really happy.

Bah humbug!

Congrats really :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Had a 19-year-old message me last night. Good lord in heaven, I AM ELEVEN YEARS OLDER THAN YOU!!!

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Had a 19-year-old message me last night. Good lord in heaven, I AM ELEVEN YEARS OLDER THAN YOU!!!

I used have that too,tho they were 6 yrs younger than me,do they REALLY think they're gonna get anywhere?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I used have that too,tho they were 6 yrs younger than me,do they REALLY think they're gonna get anywhere?!

When you consider POF is littered with ads boldly stating that, "Hot cougars want to meet you now" and the average intellect of a POF user... chances are they REALLY do.
    That said, a couple of weeks ago my cousin (F) went on a date with a guy 9 years younger than her so different strokes I suppose.

Hmm, that pink haired chick from the 'Go Conquer' ad just mailed me...
    Skeptisean is skeptikal...

Men. Oy vey. So have been messaging a guy for the past week and a half, getting on great, he asks the other day if I'd like to do something this weekend and I said yes. I was moaning about how tired I was this morning and he says "I hope you're recovered in time for Saturday." The following exchange ensued:

Me: Ah yeah, should be safe enough by then! So what's the plan?

Him: Honestly I don't know if I'm free. I will be this evening, though.

Me: So why did you even ask, then?

Honest to God, does he actually think I'm going to respond to basically being told he's waiting to see if he gets a better offer on Saturday but he can squeeze me in if I drop everything for tonight with "Sure, where will we meet and what time?"

Tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Men. Oy vey. So have been messaging a guy for the past week and a half, getting on great, he asks the other day if I'd like to do something this weekend and I said yes. I was moaning about how tired I was this morning and he says "I hope you're recovered in time for Saturday." The following exchange ensued:

Me: Ah yeah, should be safe enough by then! So what's the plan?

Him: Honestly I don't know if I'm free. I will be this evening, though.

Me: So why did you even ask, then?

Honest to God, does he actually think I'm going to respond to basically being told he's waiting to see if he gets a better offer on Saturday but he can squeeze me in if I drop everything for tonight with "Sure, where will we meet and what time?"

Tool.

I think you're over reacting. He may not be free in the afternoon but is free in the evening time is what I got from that. He just worded it badly in my opinion.

That_Guy wrote: »
    I think you're over reacting. He may not be free in the afternoon but is free in the evening time is what I got from that. He just worded it badly in my opinion.

He meant tonight, not Saturday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

He meant tonight, not Saturday evening.

I thought he meant he will know tonight if he is free Saturday :confused:

Sorry, I misread that. I don't think he's waiting for a better option. He may not genuinely be free.

I wouldn't be too quick to mark this one as a tosser/time waster. It's easy to forget that people do have lives outside of the internet and the world of online dating. Stuff does come up. It could be one of any number of things; a friend/relative's birthday that he forgot about, an unexpected work deadline.. who knows?
    Or he could be a messer. I'd recommend sticking it out a little longer and see if he provides a decent reason. If he keeps rescheduling / being overly vague then drop him, but personally I would not do it after one isolated blip in planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

I feel like my brain is going to explode with anger!! :mad: A married guy messaging me looking for a girlfriend and looking for me to feel sorry for him because "Things are a bit difficult with the wife". Ah poor fella,she clearly doesn't understand him:rolleyes:. Seriously? POF is making me lose all faith in humanity and making me question whether I really need this carp in my life at all :confused:

I need a drink. Roll on tGC beers tomorrow:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

YumCha wrote: »
    Anything useful? :D

Hehe, I heard something about something involving Deep Heat...I don't want to know anymore :P

Don't know why she's bothering with him tbh! Don't think she knows either :pac:

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    I feel like my brain is going to explode with anger!! :mad: A married guy messaging me looking for a girlfriend and looking for me to feel sorry for him because "Things are a bit difficult with the wife". Ah poor fella,she clearly doesn't understand him:rolleyes:. Seriously? POF is making me lose all faith in humanity and making me question whether I really need this carp in my life at all :confused:

I need a drink. Roll on tGC beers tomorrow:p

If things are difficult then either sort them out or leave!! Hooking up with somebody on a dating site will only make things worse.. Not fix them...

But that's another rant for another thread.

Block him and anyone like him. Simples. At the very least it will mean less clutter on your homepage.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Block him and anyone like him. Simples. At the very least it will mean less clutter on your homepage.

Its done now for him but of course he's down as looking for dating the sneaky b'stard so he got under the radar. I'm just finding it really sad though! I know i shouldn't let it get to me :( As$holes like him make baby jesus cry!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

making me question whether I really need this carp in my life at all :confused:

I don't want to skate around the issue but there is a time and a plaice for these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Oh my cod that was bad.

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I don't want to skate around the issue but there is a time and a plaice for these things.

Oh Beefy! Go stand in the corner..... Go on...... :p

Jokes like that serve their porpoise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Are we herring you correctly? :pac: You can never be too careful, there's a lot of sharks in this online dating world!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roro_utd

Got a message from a guy asking did i wanna meet for a discreet blowjob. Where are all the girls? haha typical of my luck to attract creepy men.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

I got a message from a 22 year old asking if I thought we could be compatible. My thought was "I did my inter cert before you were born!". 15 year age gaps are not my thing, sorry.

It could be one of any number of things; a friend/relative's birthday that he forgot about

That's exactly what he said. I dunno, my bullsh*t radar is just twitching quite a lot.

That's exactly what he said. I dunno, my bullsh*t radar is just twitching quite a lot.

There is a reasonably high chance that it is BS considering what I've encountered myself and read about here. However, that said, I've been in situations where I myself have had to reschedule dates because I organised them for times when I already had plans that I forgot about and other times when an unexpected work deadline came out of nowhere.
    I suppose there aint no right answer. Just play it out a bit longer and see how it feels IMO.

Ah well, I've probably scared him off anyway. I love how I still managed to come off like a crazy woman when all I was doing was trying to cut the crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

When you consider POF is littered with ads boldly stating that, "Hot cougars want to meet you now" and the average intellect of a POF user... chances are they REALLY do.
    That said, a couple of weeks ago my cousin (F) went on a date with a guy 9 years younger than her so different strokes I suppose.
    It's funny, because that's obviously what your ads are, but when I had joined before mine were 'Rich dads for you' and some dude i was chatting to had 'Hot Asian girls are waiting for you' so I don't know :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement