Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

JimBob777 wrote: »
    Eugh, internet dating is so disheartening.

Any messages I've received are either from guys who have no pictures or the guys are serious party animals. One guy even had red hair :eek:

Not sure how long I'll last with it. I'm still pining for the guy I met in October, ended after six weeks; so my heart really isn't in it anyway :(

Red Hair :eek: good god what a tragedy hah..i actually have a thing for the redheads,not the guys though :pac:
    October and only 6 weeks? must have been quite the charmer :D ..you probably mentioned on here sometime before but what happened?

I have kids and he said he wasn't comfortable with that if things progressed with us. He was an absolute gentleman in every way. It will be a very lucky girl who catches him, unfortunately it won't be me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Honey-ec wrote: »

One guy even had red hair :eek:

And? The hottest guy I saw by far on Saturday night had red hair. He was smokin'. Only my sister put the moves on him first I'd have totally been like "How you doin'?"
    Lol, personally I'm just not a red head fan but give me a guy with curly hair and I go weak at the knees!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Ah, mailed a picless girl. She replies, seems nice. She sends her pic first..

I say if she didn't like me would she ignore me or reject me as I prefer to be told. And I think she said she wouldn't ignore me straight away.

I sent my pic and have exchanged a few mails but nothing now for a while :(

She seems like a catch too.

Ahh. I see she has kids. Too young to deal with that even if she was interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

ladylost wrote: »
    I agree.. sounds like it might be the future for me too.

Turns out the fab guy I met on OKC and was seeing for the last 3 months was not so fab and playing the field all the time :mad:. I had disabled my profile and understood he had done the same. I guess he counted on me not checking and he even had the neck to use pics I took of him on a weekend away together on his profile.

I have been keeping an eye on the thread but I don't think I have the stomach to face into internet dating again.:confused:

Oh crap, nightmare.. Was he definitely out dating or are you just going by his profile being active?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

One guy even had red hair :eek:

And? The hottest guy I saw by far on Saturday night had red hair. He was smokin'. Only my sister put the moves on him first I'd have totally been like "How you doin'?"
    Such a charmer honey-ec, hope them moves work tonight!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

I've just rhythm'd a whole intro message to a girl, what have I become?!
    I'm now trying to rhythm everything, can't help myself, what have I done?!

Hope your all doing well, that your dates have been swell
    If I keep writing like this I'm sending myself straight to hell...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Hope your all doing well, that your dates have been swell
    If I keep writing like this I'm sending myself straight to hell...

No more rhyming and I mean it,
    Anybody got a peanut?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Oh crap, nightmare.. Was he definitely out dating or are you just going by his profile being active?
    I don't know for certain but he told me he didn't think he had time for a relationship after all and then I reactivated my OKC account as I had my suspicions he was seeing someone. His profile had been updated with new pics i took a couple of weeks before and he had been online. He has a status of replies often. He's actively using it. Odd for someone who does 't have time for a relationship!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Big problemo.....Have arranged a bowling date for this evening with a wee cracker :D, yesterday I sent her my number but not sure if messages are sending because the POF site has been down the past couple of days.

We both have to drive about 40 mins to get there, think I will head there anyway for the spin, hope she realises there is something up with the site and that I am not ignoring her! Can never be simple!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Big problemo.....Have arranged a bowling date for this evening with a wee cracker :D, yesterday I sent her my number but not sure if messages are sending because the POF site has been down the past couple of days.

We both have to drive about 40 mins to get there, think I will head there anyway for the spin, hope she realises there is something up with the site and that I am not ignoring her! Can never be simple!:(

Forget all the above.....she obviously did get my number and literally just txt me! GAME ON!!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'd love to get a mail from somebody living in Dublin. Lately I've only been getting mails from girls that live more than 2 hours drive away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

Galvasean wrote: »
    I'd love to get a mail from somebody living in Dublin. Lately I've only been getting mails from girls that live more than 2 hours drive away.

Would you like me to mail you??! 😉

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Stupid favourites list is on the blink. How am I supposed to obsess about why someone isn't messaging me if I don't even know whether they're online???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Stupid favourites list is on the blink. How am I supposed to obsess about why someone isn't messaging me if I don't even know whether they're online???

Stroking the voodoo doll you made out of collected hair trimmings while staring out your night vision goggles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Relax. I'm not online. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 tripe man

Wait till you are 40, when the balance tips the other way. There's about 10 times as many women on OKC as men in the 40-50 age group. Most of the men are looking for women aged 25-35 of course.

It's an interesting experience to change your search criteria to the opposite sex now and again!

I'm 34, and I'm looking for a woman younger than me, 18-34 (34 is nearing the end of their shelf life but still not quite there yet. It's impossible because women in their late teens to mid 30s only want men in their late teens to late 20s. I could go for a 40+ woman, but why the hell should I? These women wanted nothing to do with me when they were younger. I'm seriously considering importing a Russian bride as I'm sick to death of this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

tripe man wrote: »
    I'm 34, and I'm looking for a woman younger than me, 18-34 (34 is nearing the end of their shelf life but still not quite there yet. It's impossible because women in their late teens to mid 30s only want men in their late teens to late 20s. I could go for a 40+ woman, but why the hell should I? These women wanted nothing to do with me when they were younger. I'm seriously considering importing a Russian bride as I'm sick to death of this nonsense.

WoW!! Just WoW :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

34 is nearing the end of their shelf life but still not quite there yet.
    These women wanted nothing to do with me when they were younger. I'm seriously considering importing a Russian bride as I'm sick to death of this nonsense.

Well you sound lovely :pac: I can't imagine why you haven't been snapped up by those 18-34 women ;)

hollypink wrote: »
    Well you sound lovely :pac: I can't imagine why you haven't been snapped up by those 18-34 women ;)

I'm short (5'8) and overweight (15 stone) with a bald head but I'm a good conservative guy who just wants one woman in his life for love and companionship. But Irish women don't care about my personality, they only look at my outside appearance.

I've joined the website 'a foreign affair' (loveme.com) and I've been chatting with a plectra of Russian/Ukrainian women and let me tell you something, they are sublime. They don't value the outer-appearance of a man at all, only the content of his character. Two of the ladies I've been corresponding with are just 18 years old, and one of them is very interested in moving to Ireland to start a life with me.

I'd SERIOUSLY advise any of the guys having difficulty with Irish women to join this site and chat with a few of these gals. Not all women are shallow, just the ones in this country it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

^

so, you're a short, bald overweight man around 30 years of age who is looking to meet a teenager ??? a russian teenager no less. and the women are shallow yes ???? !!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I'm short (5'8) and overweight (15 stone) with a bald head but I'm a good conservative guy who just wants one woman in his life for love and companionship. But Irish women don't care about my personality, they only look at my outside appearance.

I've joined the website 'a foreign affair' (loveme.com) and I've been chatting with a plectra of Russian/Ukrainian women and let me tell you something, they are sublime. They don't value the outer-appearance of a man at all, only the content of his character. Two of the ladies I've been corresponding with are just 18 years old, and one of them is very interested in moving to Ireland to start a life with me.

I'd SERIOUSLY advise any of the guys having difficulty with Irish women to join this site and chat with a few of these gals. Not all women are shallow, just the ones in this country it seems.

So the outward appearance of women is never a concern for you? you have no problem with dating a women you are not physically attracted to at all? If

Also you have no problem forming a meaningful and deep emotional connection with someone less than half your age? I'm not saying it's impossible just not as likely as someone closer to your age.

I'm not explicitly going for a teenage girl, but if the option's there I'll take it. I suppose that makes me just as bad as Irish women (the way they only go for handsome guys because they have the option to do so). But if Irish women exploit whatever options they have, why the hell shouldn't I!?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Again... Wow! Seriously mate it's the content of your wallet not your character they are after!! I bet she's very interested in coming to Ireland to start a new life!:rolleyes: I really can't decide if this is a wind up!

If not, I suggest you read back over this thread to see how the "Shallow" Irish women you speak of get their fair share of abuse from shallow Irish men! It's just that we realise that not ALL Irish men are nasty self centred people just as not ALL Irish women are shallow. Ah, i could go on but this is making my head ache:(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

But if Irish women exploit whatever options they have, why the hell shouldn't I!?

Far be it from me to judge but come on man, this type of talk is ludicrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Busy Lizzie

I'm not explicitly going for a teenage girl, but if the option's there I'll take it. I suppose that makes me just as bad as Irish women (the way they only go for handsome guys because they have the option to do so). But if Irish women exploit whatever options they have, why the hell shouldn't I!?

I've never seen a more appropriate user name!!! :D

I've never seen a more appropriate user name!!! :D

What does a bin man do? He takes out the rubbish.

What does a tripe man do? He takes out the liberal tripe with logic and truth in a misandric world.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What does a tripe man do? He takes out the liberal tripe with logic and truth in a misandric world.

Does it pay well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Tripe man,I suggest you read our charter and read it carefully before posting in this thread again.Any more of your Irish woman bashing crap you will not last too long in here.

This is the only warning you get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Busy Lizzie

Well if you've found someone that will listen to that kinda tripe, I'd say hold onto them!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement