Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

mood wrote: »
    They probably think that they will get more attention :rolleyes:

Think thats a big part of it tbh.

It makes me lol when women have profile pictures up of themselves in bikinis,under wear,boobs nearly on show etc then go on a big rant in their profile about men messaging them only looking for one thing.

Seriously like,you set yer stall out like that then wtf do they expect.
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Think thats a big part of it tbh.

It makes me lol when women have profile pictures up of themselves in bikinis,under wear,boobs nearly on show etc then go on a big rant in their profile about men messaging them only looking for one thing.

Does that really happen? I female and I agree that with those they of photos etc you can only attract a certain type of attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

They probably think that they will get more attention :rolleyes:

I was like wtf, why would being a hairdresser get them more attention? :D I read a survey thing on OKC ages ago about the whole bi thing on the profiles. apparently something like 80% of people that have themselves down as bi exclusively contact one gender. so yeah...probably for attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Hid the ol POF profile there for a bit, anyone willing to take a look at it for me to give me some feedback?? (Female feedback preferably :D) Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I found a couple last night actually with a joint profile looking to do a 'partner swap'. Now fair enough, if that's what you're into I suppose, but here's the funny part: In the profile it said, "Real couples only. No mates pretending to be couples who are just looking for a bit of sex."
    Surely the whole point of partner swapping is for the sex? Or did they legitimately want to trade other halfs (for keeps)? :confused:
    Interestingly, the profile pics only showed the girl. was very tempted to mail and say, "Giz a look at yer fella and we'll talk! :pac:

• Advertisement

Does that really happen? I female and I agree that with those they of photos etc you can only attract a certain type of attention.

Yep,Ive seen a number of profiles on POF over the last few weeks like that.

cQvo1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭shoos

Delighted to see that online dating is losing its stigma! :)

shoos wrote: »

Welcome to the thread! Any success stories to keep our spirits high?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Galvasean wrote: »

I getting dishearten with it at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Heyall,thinking of giving up on okcupid.Not getting any messages cept from a couple of people whom seem to know me in real life, and I dont get many replies to my messages!Any other decent sites I should check out??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Had first POF date on new years day. Second one planned. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

shoos wrote: »

Among a bunch of weirdos on an internet forum...

:pac:.. waka..waka..waka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

Right. I have a date for next thursday week so i hope it goes well since it's my first time. Oh christ i hope it goes well.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭shoos

Galvasean wrote: »

Thanks!

I actually don't have much experience with internet dating. I set up a profile on OKCupid for a couple of months and it really surprised me! Lots of very creative people with interesting conversation, obviously put a lot of effort into their profiles. Handsome too! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Re joined last night on pof. Just can't keep away, it's an addiction.

Have my pics up now too which I thought might get me more replies.

Have my default message title set.

Sent this girl a message as I don't get replies, just looking to chat.

"Hellooo :D How do you do? :D

What's happening? :) How was your new years eve? :D

You seem sound from your profile so would be cool if you read my profile and hopefully get back to me :D"

She replies back

"What part of it am I supposed to like? you said naff all and if you are referring to your profile then also think again. You are not funny, interesting or remotely attractive. You are delusional and punching way above your weight, single mother with an IQ of 90 more your kind of thing I think.

BTW don't bother trying to reply, you're BLOCKED"

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

:eek:

Least you found out she's not worth your while. What a cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Wow Samich, I'd say you dodged a bullet there. What is wrong with some people?

GrumPy wrote: »
    I'll take a look too if ya like. :)

PM'd :D

Larianne wrote: »
    :eek:

Least you found out she's not worth your while. What a cow.

Agree. What a nasty person.

• Advertisement

Wow Samich, I'd say you dodged a bullet there. What is wrong with some people?

Not really dodging a bullet as I'm not looking to meet up with them, can't get any replies at all, literally, so was hoping just mailing for a chat would get some replies. But no.

Her profile was actually good and she was hot too, unfortunately! :pac:

Samich wrote: »
    Not really dodging a bullet as I'm not looking to meet up with them, can't get any replies at all, literally, so was hoping just mailing for a chat would get some replies. But no.

Surely the who point of joining an internet dating site is to meet people!!! Otherwise it would be a penpal site.

Doesnt matter how good her profile was or how hot she is,she is clearly a c*nt.

Fine if you arent interested but why would you even bother going to the trouble of replying with such a nasty message.

Some people.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The most frustrating thing about this whole online dating thing is chatting to someone who you're seemingly getting on well with and she just stops replying yet she's clearly online. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 murhatchi

Re joined last night on pof. Just can't keep away, it's an addiction.

Have my pics up now too which I thought might get me more replies.

Have my default message title set.

Sent this girl a message as I don't get replies, just looking to chat.

"Hellooo :D How do you do? :D

What's happening? :) How was your new years eve? :D

You seem sound from your profile so would be cool if you read my profile and hopefully get back to me :D"

She replies back

"What part of it am I supposed to like? you said naff all and if you are referring to your profile then also think again. You are not funny, interesting or remotely attractive. You are delusional and punching way above your weight, single mother with an IQ of 90 more your kind of thing I think.

BTW don't bother trying to reply, you're BLOCKED"

God damn her and all who sail in her ... :-)
    What a weapon !

Why don't you want to meet up with anyone? I mean, it is a dating site.... :confused:

And it doesn't matter how hot she is, a b!tch is still a b!tch.

Why don't you want to meet up with anyone? I mean, it is a dating site.... :confused:

And it doesn't matter how hot she is, a b!tch is still a b!tch.

I do want to meet someone, just don't think the amount of time I've been on it someone wants to meet me :pac:

Also the hot thing is she will still get loads of fella attention so being a cnut makes no difference to her.

I do want to meet someone, just don't think the amount of time I've been on it someone wants to meet me :pac:

Also the hot thing is she will still get loads of fella attention so being a cnut makes no difference to her.

Well, looks don't last but unfortunately her personality will!

That kind of attitude from girls always makes me ashamed to be one :(
    If I didn't like the guy, I'd ignore him or just say nicely that I wasn't interested but I'd never be a c*nt to a fella just for the sake of it!

Anyway, chin up and I hope you find someone decent soon. :)

• Advertisement

That kind of attitude from girls always makes me ashamed to be one :(
    If I didn't like the guy, I'd ignore him or just say nicely that I wasn't interested but I'd never be a c*nt to a fella just for the sake of it!

Anyway, chin up and I hope you find someone decent soon. :)

Her last line of the profile was to put the subject line as snooze as proof you read the profile, I didn't bother doing this, I just typed it into the box on the page, saved me an extra click :P, as I have a pre saved title anywho. And a good one I thought at that :P Oh well. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement