Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I'm always in two minds about whether I should redo a Pof profile and put up pics again but I can't seem to commit to doing it.

Commitmentphobe with a profile, what'd I be like down the line eh...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'm always in two minds about whether I should redo a Pof profile and put up pics again but I can't seem to commit to doing it.

Commitmentphobe with a profile, what'd I be like down the line eh...

Sure just stick one up and see what happens. You can always hide it if it gets annoying. :)

Can you hide it? I could never get used to the whole thing especially when a sister's friend, who is on the site spotted my profile and said it to me on a night out over Christmas. I took it down not long after that.

There's not many people to browse through around these parts though which I find off putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I hate being found on those sites. My best friend's friend found me on POF today. He knew me from facebook stalking me and was able to tell me my name, mention pictures I have up on my Facebook and who my friends are. Creepy as hell. And now he's hitting on me. So I ran away and stopped replying.

• Advertisement

Can you hide it? I could never get used to the whole thing especially when a sister's friend, who is on the site spotted my profile and said it to me on a night out over Christmas. I took it down not long after that.

There's not many people to browse through around these parts though which I find off putting.

Try having your brother and cousin in your matches. :o I hid mine for a while after that.

Yes, you go into Edit Profile and there's an option.

People have stated that a downside of online dating outside cities. I guess you'd have to think about maybe travelling a bit? I dunno. :confused:

Larianne wrote: »
    Try having your brother and cousin in your matches. :o I hid mine for a while after that.

Yes, you go into Edit Profile and there's an option.

People have stated that a downside of online dating outside cities. I guess you'd have to think about maybe travelling a bit? I dunno. :confused:

Clearly you were being given a subtle hint that incest is best.

You have to unclick the incest results button Lar.

I'm by a city, it's just that city happens to be dead.

I'm by a city, it's just that city happens to be dead.

Move so. :pac:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

A girl just messaged me to inform me that she is 'up for anything' (I thought only guys did that?)
    Competition time guys; who can think of the most zany response? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Galvasean wrote: »
    A girl just messaged me to inform me that she is 'up for anything' (I thought only guys did that?)
    crazy-mean-baby-2.jpg

See can she babysit on saturday and send her this,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Galvasean wrote: »

Tell her you are an avid fan of licking live chickens.

orrrr....
    you could be all mysterious and just ask her "what do you mean by...anything?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

After an annoying couple of days thanks to a timewaster off POF I have arranged a dinner date and a few drinks with a find looking lady who seems really nice.....fingers crossed it all goes well.

Oh and the menu in the restaurant has crocodile and kangaroo on it......anyone tried either? She is planning to stick to what she knows but I am the adventurous type (just with my food.....for now)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I hate being found on those sites. My best friend's friend found me on POF today. He knew me from facebook stalking me and was able to tell me my name, mention pictures I have up on my Facebook and who my friends are. Creepy as hell. And now he's hitting on me. So I ran away and stopped replying.

Quuuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Panthro wrote: »
    you could be all mysterious and just ask her "what do you mean by...anything?"

Yeah kick off with that one!! Then you can really get weird! :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

After an annoying couple of days thanks to a timewaster off POF I have arranged a dinner date and a few drinks with a find looking lady who seems really nice.....fingers crossed it all goes well.

Oh and the menu in the restaurant has crocodile and kangaroo on it......anyone tried either? She is planning to stick to what she knows but I am the adventurous type (just with my food.....for now)

Both are nice.Crocodile is like a fishy meat while kangaroo is a real red meat.If it was kangaroo steak that's what I'd go for

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

<snip> double post sorry(poxy comp)

• Advertisement

Can't quote on my phone, but kangaroo meat is lovely. Personally found crocodile too rubbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Had third date with the guy i met on POF a few weeks ago, went really well. Eddie Rockets and game of pool after, great fun.
    We are getting on great so hoping it keeps going the right direction, but part of me is worried as ive been let down so much over the last few years by guys that im just afraid to get too into it just in case.

Just take it slow and enjoy it as it is. Don't pin too many hopes on it, but it sounds like it's going well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

I also have one Saturday.

Would suggest that the person so annoyed over missing the Arsenal match could always re-arrange to make it a drink in a sports bar rather than a coffee. Just a suggestion :p

Is this a match made in Boards, I mean battling alien robot heaven?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

Really looking forward to Sunday morning to get the goss from galvasean and lyndamcl about their date.... Could be a K.I.S.S.I.N.G fest going on......

Who said anything about that? I'm simply meeting some stranger from the internet. No names were given, saturday is just a good date day obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I also have one Saturday.

Would suggest that the person so annoyed over missing the Arsenal match could always re-arrange to make it a drink in a sports bar rather than a coffee. Just a suggestion :p

Dead give away. :pac:

Have fun you two.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

Who said anything about that? I'm simply meeting some stranger from the internet. No names were given, saturday is just a good date day obviously!
    You two dirty dogs! Sure hope it goes well for you... Watch out for galvaseans robot dance moves! Awesome!

That was a suggestion for him for his date! Where did i mention anything about me there?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That was a suggestion for him for his date! Where did i mention anything about me there?!

*digs up*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement