Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Samich matey, if you live in Dublin and at a loose end, there's a few of us heading to the Central for beers this evening if you fancy a bit of a laugh.

Online dating is supposed to be fun. If something comes from it then all well and good. If not, at least you can put it down as a nice time spent with some nice people. It's not the be all and end all.

Chin up, keep calm and it'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Right, dipped my toe into this (POF), seems ok, once I get past the 2 guys that sent me mails :confused:. 2nd time trying online.

Went on one date last saturday, lovely person, but I just think both of us were nervous and didn't "click" ,the coffee tweaking possibly didn't help :p

Oh well, keep on trying and see what happens.

the coffee tweaking possibly didn't help :p

You should've just ordered an Irish coffee. :pac:

That_Guy wrote: »
    You should've just ordered an Irish coffee. :pac:

Funny enough, I know a lot of people including me say they try online cause they're sick of the pub / club scene. I think though a bit of drink the 1st date is defo called for. It just helps people relax.... Although I want to go to the Zoo! :P

Funny enough, I know a lot of people including me say they try online cause they're sick of the pub / club scene. I think though a bit of drink the 1st date is defo called for. It just helps people relax.... Although I want to go to the Zoo! :P

Yeah, I guess so. I'm not one of those people that really needs it but each to their own and all that jazz. Zoo would be decent.... hip flask at the ready then.

"I bet you I could drink that fookin' monkey under the table." rabble rabble.

mmmm... Am I still talking? :pac:

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Yeah, I guess so. I'm not one of those people that really needs it but each to their own and all that jazz. Zoo would be decent.... hip flask at the ready then.

"I bet you I could drink that fookin' monkey under the table." rabble rabble.

mmmm... Am I still talking? :pac:

Worst case Scenario you end up stealing a Penguin
    Ooooooh Boy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

I guess a drink does work, even if its just 1 person! The girl I am currently dating.....date 1 was bowling and a few soft drinks in a pub, date 2 was dinner and she had some wine (im a pioneer), was a lot more relaxing......not sure if that was the fact that it wasn't our first time seeing eachother or because she had 5/6 glasses of vino?:D

I don't think its just the alcohol, I think its the familiarity with the situation of sitting in a pub/restaurant and having a drink along with the alcohol itself that helps. It also depends on the 2 people, but hey what do I know. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Just signed into POF after a day away.

Received about 20 messages but among them was this beauty -

'4/27/2012 2:32:03

I'd like to split you open and make you moan til you're hoarse.'

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Just signed into POF after a day away.

Received about 20 messages but among them was this beauty -

'4/27/2012 2:32:03

I'd like to split you open and make you moan til you're hoarse.'

Sorry about that :-P.................... Joke!
    It is incredibly weird the messages you get, even as a bloke! I've been asked twice if I would swing the other way just to try it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭timmy880

I don't know if it's ever been mentioned before but does POF have a way of getting rid of idiots who constantly send messages like that?! Any moderation? Probably not seeing as it's free I suppose!

Aquila wrote: »
    And you never bothered to reply!:mad:

:pac:

I was scared! By splitting me open, I assumed he was a mass murderer who wanted to make me cry out in pain til I lost my voice (or got hoarse), thus rendering me unable to scream for help. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Aquila wrote: »
    Either that or he has a massive mickey bigger than an anaconda that would go so deep up ya itll peep out through your mouth :pac:

Well.... He wasn't Caucasian... That's all I'll say or I'll be banned for racism :pac:

So thats the type of people we are up against gents!! :D

timmy880 wrote: »
    So thats the type of people we are up against gents!! :D

Considering I hit the block button straight away, I doubt ye are up against those kinda men!

Considering I hit the block button straight away, I doubt ye are up against those kinda men!

If you dont mind me asking, what kind of messages do get a response? I usually make a comment on their profile, try and ask a question and then give an intro to myself! Used to work but not anymore... :confused:

timmy880 wrote: »
    If you dont mind me asking, what kind of messages do get a response? I usually make a comment on their profile, try and ask a question and then give an intro to myself! Used to work but not anymore... :confused:

Actually, that's the sort of thing that will get me to respond. Something that shows that they've read my profile, a question, something about themselves.

That said, women get so many messages on these sites that we really can't respond to them all. So even if I get an interesting message, I check their profile too and if it's not interesting, I won't reply.

Actually, that's the sort of thing that will get me to respond. Something that shows that they've read my profile, a question, something about themselves.

That said, women get so many messages on these sites that we really can't respond to them all. So even if I get an interesting message, I check their profile too and if it's not interesting, I won't reply.

Alright cheers for that! Good to know :)

• Advertisement

End of the day.......it comes down to looks!!

Not when you get to know them but if a lady (or extremely lucky fella - not me :() is inundated with messages then im guessing it would go on looks to weed some of them out, then move onto the profile to shortlist the rest......my opinion anyway:p

Not when you get to know them but if a lady (or extremely lucky fella - not me :() is inundated with messages then im guessing it would go on looks to weed some of them out, then move onto the profile to shortlist the rest......my opinion anyway:p

Oh right :( well I do have alot of pics up in the hope that it might get more interest. Dont think Im awful looking but very plain I suppose..!

I dunno. I get a lot of messages (not for how I look, because I'm no looker at all, I presume it's because I'm female), and I don't judge too much on looks. I'm not gonna lie, I won't agree to a date with someone unattractive to me unless they have an amaaaaaaaazing personality, but when deciding which messages to reply to, looks is never a factor that I take into consideration.

Apologies but it seems that way sometimes......I would not consider myself attractive, hence 0 POF messages in the past month!

Apologies but it seems that way sometimes......I would not consider myself attractive, hence 0 POF messages in the past month!

Pm me a link to your profile and I'll message you to make you feel better :p

I always end up PMing lonely boardsies, damnit.

Awwwwh aren't you sweet? PM sent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Awwwwh aren't you sweet? PM sent :D

Sheesh! You didn't tell me who you are! I'm all offended now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

long time reader of this thread(possibly the funniest thread ever ha)
    just wondering,any success stories?? my history with it is meh,at best :P

you wha? wrote: »
    long time reader of this thread(possibly the funniest thread ever ha)
    just wondering,any success stories?? my history with it is meh,at best :P
    Well as I said. I'm only dipping my toe into PoF, I'd previously done another site and had a 4yr relationship out of it. So yeah sucess can be had from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

Well as I said. I'm only dipping my toe into PoF, I'd previously done another site and made a 4yr relationship out of it. So yeah sucess can be had from it.

wow!!deadly.ive had a few months of relationships(2 in all)from POF but i never heard of anything longer than that really.good to know something can actually happen :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement