Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tom Cruise

Where do you live the black forest in Germany?Thats rude of them ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Tom Cruise wrote: »

Clare/Limerick area. Not like I'm out in the sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I don't think it is. That is a 3 hour round trip which is a hell of a lot of effort at the beginning. I'd rule out any guy who lived anything over an hour away. Long distance isn't for everyone.

POF = Plenty of Fish, another dating site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Pembily wrote: »
    I don't think it is. That is a 3 hour round trip which is a hell of a lot of effort at the beginning. I'd rule out any guy who lived anything over an hour away. Long distance isn't for everyone.

POF = Plenty of Fish, another dating site.

I get that, I wouldn't necessarily make the full trip myself for a first date but I'd be willing to meet someone halfway

• Registered Users Posts: 25 karonnia

Well folks, just rejoined POF and OKC; here's hoping for 3rd times a charm :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

Have a date Sunday he seems nice and his messages are funny : ).....oh lord please let it go well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

Have a date Sunday he seems nice and his messages are funny : ).....oh lord please let it go well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

MOD WARNING:

Folks, I'm after deleting an almighty amount of posts from this thread tonight.
    (If I've missed any, please report it)

Reminder:
    This thread is for DISCUSSING ONLINE DATING/EXPERIENCES ONLY.
    It IS NOT:
    A chit chat thread
    A place to pick up a boardsie.

If ye wish to chat, PM one another.

If I see any continuation of the type of stuff I've had to delete tonight, I will be handing out the infractions left, right and centre.

Ye know who ye are and ye have been warned.

Panthro

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

Panthro wrote: »
    MOD WARNING:

Folks, I'm after deleting an almighty amount of posts from this thread tonight.
    (If I've missed any, please report it)

Reminder:
    This thread is for DISCUSSING ONLINE DATING/EXPERIENCES ONLY.
    It IS NOT:
    A chit chat thread
    A place to pick up a boardsie.

If ye wish to chat, PM one another.

If I see any continuation of the type of stuff I've had to delete tonight, I will be handing out the infractions left, right and centre.

Ye know who ye are and ye have been warned.

Panthro

I do like a man in charge

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I do like a man in charge

Aww Shucks, you are going to love me so.
    Infracted for failing to take note of an on thread Mod warning.

Pay heed folks.
    Panthro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Ankhyu wrote: »
    I've hinted at one or two of them but they don't live anywhere nearby and are either busy or haven't expressed an interest in travelling some of the way.
    I got a message the other day from a guy saying that I was one of the prettiest girls he'd seen, but that I was too far away (about an hour and a half of a journey). Sounded like I was being ruled out based on that alone :(

I do live rural and have a limit of about an hour for travel simply because of practicality (if I'm paying a babysitter for 5 hours I don't want half of it to be used for travel) but Dublin is the exception because I have family there and visit regularly (it's only just outside the hour thing but I have onsite babysitting)

The guy I'm meeting today lives just over an hour away but is 15 minutes from my parents house.

We have spoken so much over the last week (in the region of 1200 texts over the last week with emails and phone calls on top of that) that the standard ice breaker questions were covered days ago.

Suggestions on the back of a postcard by noon please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

LoTwan wrote: »
    We have spoken so much over the last week (in the region of 1200 texts over the last week with emails and phone calls on top of that) that the standard ice breaker questions were covered days ago.

Suggestions on the back of a postcard by noon please :)

But sure if the conversation is flowing already, you'll be fine once you meet up?? It'll be like you've known each other ages. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Is anyone else having problems seeing the new posts in this thread?

Panthro wrote: »
    Aww Shucks, you are going to love me so.
    Infracted for failing to take note of an on thread Mod warning.

Pay heed folks.
    Panthro

Apologies

Daisies wrote: »

Yeah I was earlier, thought I'd been banned..

On another note what is it with men mailing on POF saying that they're horny.. Flaming nora :confused:

Daisies wrote: »

I can't see them when I use the touch.boards site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tom Cruise

I am going to google it and troll some people.
    Newbie nudes wtf......

I am going to google it and troll some people.
    Newbie nudes wtf......

Newbie nudes?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Yeah I was earlier, thought I'd been banned..

On another note what is it with men mailing on POF saying that they're horny.. Flaming nora :confused:

Do they look like this?

black-rhino_468_600x450.jpg

That_Guy wrote: »
    Do they look like this?

black-rhino_468_600x450.jpg

Ahh, it's starting to make sense now..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Thinking of just deleting my account. The odd, creepy and downright weird posts outweigh the good.

Also, what's with guys messaging saying 'I know it says I have kids but I don't and I'd love to get to know you?'

Like, it takes 10 seconds to change that, so if you legit don't have kids, it's not that hard to change!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Touch.boards.ie isn't working for me either.

The meeting went well. It lasted for 4 hours so it must have gone well :)

Just in case the conversation didn't go well I was all prepared with "if you were a fish which one would you be?" & "if you were an alien who would you abduct & why?" :)

They weren't needed but I did ask them anyway ;)

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Thinking of just deleting my account. The odd, creepy and downright weird posts outweigh the good.

Also, what's with guys messaging saying 'I know it says I have kids but I don't and I'd love to get to know you?'

Like, it takes 10 seconds to change that, so if you legit don't have kids, it's not that hard to change!

Tell me about it, the lengths some of them will go to to get you to talk a bit of filth :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

:(

I feel awful today,didn't sleep a wink last night.

The wonderful girl I have been dating for 3 months ended it last night. According to her, she needs to take a break from dating and that I'm not her precise match, despite me been 'very good-looking, chatty and sociable' in her words. She also said 'It's not you, its me'.

We got on so well and enjoyed each other's company and to hear this was like getting stabbed in the stomach. I suppose its better to hear this now rather than in 6 months time.

This dating game is a wreck on ones emotions. :(

Toronto is a tough place to meet people.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

Still messaging away to short reply girl, raised the idea of meeting for coffee in my last mail so we'll see how things progress from there though I wouldn't expect to know until Monday anyway given that it's the weekend.

Hmm, I can't understand a few profiles I've run across where the people state that they're finishing college in a month and then intend to leave the country; that's a bit of a road block for the relationship you claim to be looking for on the site :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

I joined that plentyoffish site.

If you find it hard to approach people the easiest way to get anyone's attention is go into the meet me page and just click away on the y button that's if you find them attractive of course.

I clicked the y a few times by mistake but if I get mail I'll ans because I think it's rude not to especially when someone goes to the effort of contacting me.

Although women I hear have better opening lines than the men.

I heard a few strange openers and these guy's have their face pic up and all.
    Oh well it takes all sorts I'm still single so.I have no grounds to judge anyone else...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

I joined that plentyoffish site.

If you find it hard to approach people the easiest way to get anyone's attention is go into the meet me page and just click away on the y button that's if you find them attractive of course.

I clicked the y a few times by mistake but if I get mail I'll ans because I think it's rude not to especially when someone goes to the effort of contacting me.

Although women I hear have better opening lines than the men.

I heard a few strange openers and these guy's have their face pic up and all.
    Oh well it takes all sorts I'm still single so.I have no grounds to judge anyone else...

fat__tony wrote: »

I feel awful today,didn't sleep a week last night.

The wonderful girl I have been dating for 3 months ended it last night. According to her, she needs to take a break from dating and that I'm not her precise match, despite me been 'very good-looking, chatty and sociable' in her words. She also said 'It's not you, its me'.

We got on so well and enjoyed each other's company and to hear this was like getting stabbed in the stomach. I suppose its better to hear this now rather than in 6 months time.

Sorry to hear that Tony :(:(

fat__tony wrote: »

I feel awful today,didn't sleep a week last night.

aww that's awful :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

aww that's awful :(

Today is a bad day but I hold no resentment or anger towards her, she was very honest and straight up and I appreciate her honesty and decency.

The old 'remain friends' conundrum has popped up.

I'm not sure how to respond to this. I think Ill give it a couple of months without any contact.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement