Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

fat__tony wrote: »
    Today is a bad day but I hold no resentment or anger towards her, she was very honest and straight up and I appreciate her honesty and decency.

The old 'remain friends' conundrum has popped up.

I'm not sure how to respond to this. I think Ill give it a couple of months without any contact.

I don't get the whole friend thing? Why bother??? It makes everything harder on everyone! You're dealing well with it, fair play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Just signed into POF after a day away.

Received about 20 messages but among them was this beauty -

'4/27/2012 2:32:03

I'd like to split you open and make you moan til you're hoarse.'

I got this one too! :eek:

Can't believed he is just going around copy/pasting. I thought I was special :(

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

Pembily wrote: »
    I don't get the whole friend thing? Why bother??? It makes everything harder on everyone! You're dealing well with it, fair play!

Yeah true, I've given and gotten that line. Bar one person I am not friends with any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

Yeah true, I've given and gotten that line. Bar one person I am not friends with any of them

I agree but she is a remarkably warm individual who I could relate to as a friend given time.

My circle of friends is pretty small here (I relocated to Canada 16 months ago) so an extra friend made is potentially a good thing.

Maybe Im being an idiot.

fat__tony wrote: »
    I agree but she is a remarkably warm individual who I could relate to as a friend given time.

My circle of friends is pretty small here (I relocated to Canada 16 months ago) so an extra friend made is potentially a good thing.

Maybe Im being an idiot.

Ah no course you're not being an idiot.. When the initial wound heals see how you feel then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

Ah no course you're not being an idiot.. When the initial wound heals see how you feel then?

Well that is the plan anyway, I think everyone deals with a situation like this differently.

I'm just trying at the moment to not let it get me too down. I believe I have a lot going for me but I'm probably a little too emotional sensitive at times. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Decided to head to the POF night in the lombard in dublin tonight,just arrived with another boardsie.
    Will report back later on or tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

The Master wrote: »
    Decided to head to the POF night in the lombard in dublin tonight,just arrived with another boardsie.

Oh, keep us posted, may go to the next one!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

No word from the guy who suggested a date tomorrow, why bother making the suggestion???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

so going on a date next week, seems like really nice person, we have been messaging for week or two, well looking forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

Daisies wrote: »
    No word from the guy who suggested a date tomorrow, why bother making the suggestion???

sounds like bit of game player, its really bad form to do that to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Aquila wrote: »
    I may go next time to and see what its like!

Hide anything Chelsea Football Club related. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

See people that put akshgkfghg to fill up the characters on pof.. I could hurt them in several different places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

See people that put akshgkfghg to fill up the characters on pof.. I could hurt them in several different places

:pac: That is an accurate measure of the level of violence I feel like inflicting upon the 'askjfdkahfhf' perps.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The Master wrote: »

Should have had a mini beers there tonight! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Date No.3, Take 2 has been.............CANCELLED!!

She txt at the 11th hour to say she was not feeling well! So lying up with my folks watching Brendan O Connor, not the evening I had planned :(

She did say that if she was feeling better, we could do something tomorrow afternoon, so I said sure! Take 3 here we come, 3rd time lucky perhaps??:cool:

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    :pac: That is an accurate measure of the level of violence I feel like inflicting upon the 'askjfdkahfhf' perps.

Seriously though, if you can't think of 50 little letters to introduce yourself, you've balls all hope of a date.. Kn*b jockeys

She txt at the 11th hour to say she was not feeling well! So lying up with my folks watching Brendan O Connor, not the evening I had planned :(

She did say that if she was feeling better, we could do something tomorrow afternoon, so I said sure! Take 3 here we come, 3rd time lucky perhaps??:cool:

Mmmm. To be honest mate, I'd give this one the heave ho. If she wasn't feeling well she'd have known long before now. To text right when you're getting ready to meet her smells of BS to me.

• Advertisement

I was all up for the 2nd chance with her.. But after tonight if she don't get in contact about doing something tomorrow, I personally would be cutting my loses. To be fair, if you ain't well you ain't well but would have been nice for her to text you earlier in case you could organise other plans for tonight.. Brendan O'Connor, jeez :pac:, I have found Only fools on gold and happy as a pig in sh*t

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

got ditched today too!no text,nothing.getting super sick of this crap :P

Larianne wrote: »
    Should have had a mini beers there tonight! :pac:

I'm having wine while being on here.. That counts for social activity right?:P

you wha? wrote: »

I don't get people. Seriously. Someone is making the effort to get ready/travel to a place with someone for a few hours. FFS, if you're not interested just say so. A simple text takes 2 minutes.

Gah.

Now where did I put that IT Crowd DVD. Happy place... Happy place.

I had somebody just disappear into thin blue air after weeks upon weeks of texting.. Another saying 'oh my god so can't wait to meet you' blah blah blah.. It's getting harder in the internet dating world

That_Guy wrote: »
    I don't get people. Seriously. Someone is making the effort to get ready/travel to a place with someone for a few hours. FFS, if you're not interested just say so. A simple text takes 2 minutes.

Gah.

Now where did I put that IT Crowd DVD. Happy place... Happy place.

the IT crowd will make it all better and go away lol im just back from the shop.bought a nice pint of bulmers and lovehearts(the only loving il be getting in a while) roll on (hopefully)good tv :D who needs men?!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

To be fair, if you ain't well you ain't well but would have been nice for her to text you earlier in case you could organise other plans for tonight..

Ok she text me at 7:30 to say she wasn't feeling great but would text me after she had something to eat, then text me at 9 to say she wasn't feeling any better so not quite as bad as I made out! I am expecting plenty of apologies IF (and its a big if) we meet up tomorrow :P

I had somebody just disappear into thin blue air after weeks upon weeks of texting.. Another saying 'oh my god so can't wait to meet you' blah blah blah.. It's getting harder in the internet dating world

I dont get it.why bother my and their own time?!boggles the mind :confused:

Ok she text me at 7:30 to say she wasn't feeling great but would text me after she had something to eat, then text me at 9 to say she wasn't feeling any better so not quite as bad as I made out! I am expecting plenty of apologies IF (and its a big if) we meet up tomorrow :P

Ah right fair enough. If you're not feeling well, you're not feeling well I guess. I'd still air a bit of caution though.

• Advertisement

the IT crowd will make it all better and go away lol im just back from the shop.bought a nice pint of bulmers and lovehearts(the only loving il be getting in a while) roll on (hopefully)good tv :D who needs men?!:P

I'd love to watch the work outing one now.. "Willies willies, I love willies"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement